HayleeAndBaby Part 1

OneGoodThing
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Re: HayleeAndBaby Part 1

Unread post by OneGoodThing »

Hey everyone, I'm a longtime lurker but I rarely make posts. I saw that Haylee made a video about her ED and as an ED sufferer of two years and counting, I had to add in my two-sense.
I've watched Haylee very sporadically for a while now, and I don't know if this is the first time she's admitted to having an eating disorder, but I've suspected it for a while. I remember in an old video she talked about having struggles with disordered eating prior to having Hazzel and I thought that it was strange because I knew that it wasn't something you could just get over.
To me, it doesn't seem like Haylee has had any real treatment. The video sounded like she was put in the hospital when her weight got low, was force-fed until her weight was relatively stable, and then thrown out to deal with her ED on her own. I really strongly believe that if she wants to fully recover from her eating disorder, she needs to see an ED therapist and an ED dietitian. To someone who doesn't have any experience with eating disorders, I can totally see how one would think that she is recovered. However, she was couldn't stop herself from crying because she gained weight and because people noticed. That's not the behavior of someone who is fully recovered.
Furthermore, a lot of people with eating disorders hide their disordered eating under being "healthy and fit". I can see that Haylee's weight has gotten to a point where she is extremely unhappy with her body, and probably feels like her eating habits are out of control. She doesn't want to revert to her old eating disorder behaviors, such as restricting and purging, but she needs a way to control her eating. I know because I've been in that exact place, where my weight is at a high point and I'm binge-eating, and I just desperately need to have some form of control so I say "Hey! I'm gonna get super into ~~*~fitness~*~~". It always turns back into restricting and purging. I see so so many Instagrams of people who claim to have recovered from their eating disorders through exercise or going vegan or through yoga, and it's all BS. Pretty much everyone I know with an eating disorder has tried to eat "clean". Anyone who spends that much time thinking about food and their body is not recovered. When I was in one of my phases where I was a raw vegan and exercised religiously, I thought about food and my body for probably 15 hours a day and that was not healthy at all.
I'm really scared for Haylee. She thinks that her days of being sick are so far behind her and she would never start restricting or purging again but it's really easy to fall backwards without realizing it. I know, I've been in this cycle for years. Some people have eating disorders for dozens of years before they are recovered. I think that Haylee doesn't really understand her eating disorder. If she is going to start exercising and changing her diet, she needs to see an ED professional. I promise that it is a very slippery slope. I think that she has a lot of drive to recover and be healthy, more than I've ever had. Having an eating disorder is not her choice and in no way makes her a bad mom, but it will have an effect on Hazzel if Haylee uses these behaviors as Hazzel grows older.
Anyways, sorry this was so long. I just had a lot to say, and I'm sure that I'll think of more stuff to say later, but this is what I've got for now.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by olemama »

^^^^Thank you. I hope for continued health for you.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

What health issues does hazzel have? I know Haylee talks about how her hair falls out and she's so petite. I couldn't find what condition she had though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

zipadeedodah wrote:What health issues does hazzel have? I know Haylee talks about how her hair falls out and she's so petite. I couldn't find what condition she had though

The only issues I can find was her torticollis (sp?). I saw that Haylee birthed her uterous, but that's her health issue. I've been wondering, too.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

She mentioned it in the day in the life long ass video. I watched it because I was bored. Something acidosis. Kidney issues maybe?

mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

I'm not sure if she's even found d out exactly what is wrong with hazzels yet. Around this time last year they were going to the drs a ton trying to figure out what's wrong but from what I've seen haylee hasn't really said. But i could have missed it.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

Haylee mentioned metabolic acidosis which is when the kidneys cannot remove acid from your body. Then the ph level of your bloodstream is not correct and causes other symptoms. She also said she did not want to go into further details about Hazzel's health. I believe Hazzel takes daily oral medication for it.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Hazzel is such a cute little kid. It's understandable why Haylee didn't want to get into details. I just couldn't recall if she had talked about it at all since I don't always watch her videos. I'm watching her a little more now than I used to.
Ambrosia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Ambrosia »

I wonder if she could go back and not give her child's name a horrible spelling would she? I can't read it as hazel, it'll always be hazzel like bedazzel.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Ambrosia wrote:I wonder if she could go back and not give her child's name a horrible spelling would she? I can't read it as hazel, it'll always be hazzel like bedazzel.
It's not even too late to change it. Hazzel doesn't know how to read and while she can probably write her own name, she would easily learn to write it with just one "z". Honestly, if I were Haylee I would change the spelling. Yeah, she'd also have to change a few things her name was printed on like the Christmas ornaments, but I think it would save her a lot of trouble over the years when everyone will misspell it.
Bambi_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Bambi_ »

fossilfinger wrote:
Ambrosia wrote:I wonder if she could go back and not give her child's name a horrible spelling would she? I can't read it as hazel, it'll always be hazzel like bedazzel.
It's not even too late to change it. Hazzel doesn't know how to read and while she can probably write her own name, she would easily learn to write it with just one "z". Honestly, if I were Haylee I would change the spelling. Yeah, she'd also have to change a few things her name was printed on like the Christmas ornaments, but I think it would save her a lot of trouble over the years when everyone will misspell it.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that a horrible spelling for the name. I keep trying to pronounce it "dazzle", but with an "h".

rock_on
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by rock_on »

Bambi_ wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that a horrible spelling for the name. I keep trying to pronounce it "dazzle", but with an "h".

I never watched her video but I read here sometimes and I legit thought it was the way I was supposed to say it.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

If I hadn't watched her videos, I would also think that's how you say her name.

sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

Everytime I stumble across this thread, I can't believe this poor kid is named Hazzle! Like "dazzle"! Omg.
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

sadie wrote:Everytime I stumble across this thread, I can't believe this poor kid is named Hazzle! Like "dazzle"! Omg.
It's actually spelt Hazzel so it doesn't sound like dazzle.
The name could be so much worse.
Ambrosia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Ambrosia »

I think what makes it worse is how she tried to say she named her after a Greek Goddess instead of just saying she wanted hazzel bedazzle to be a unique snowflake with a misspelt name.
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

mommaof2cuties wrote:
sadie wrote:Everytime I stumble across this thread, I can't believe this poor kid is named Hazzle! Like "dazzle"! Omg.
It's actually spelt Hazzel so it doesn't sound like dazzle.
The name could be so much worse.
Ok still but the two zz I would pronounce it as rhyming with dazzle lol.
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ambrosia wrote:I think what makes it worse is how she tried to say she named her after a Greek Goddess instead of just saying she wanted hazzel bedazzle to be a unique snowflake with a misspelt name.
True but she could have spent it like Hayzual or something is she was trying to be super unique lol
shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

HayleeAndBaby Part 1

Unread post by shilohjulia »

Per the latest vlog, Hazzel calls Randy "Daddy". I mean I guess it makes sense, her real dad isn't around and Randy is the one she lives with and who takes care of her. There was another chunk of time where Randy was alone with her. I still find his insistence on calling her "baby" and "princess" a little creepy but the scene where they brought Haylee flowers was sweet. But then when they were at the mall there's a part where he says something about how beautiful Hazzel is. I mean, it's normal to love your stepchild (even tho they aren't married) but I just found it creepy the way he said it. I don't know, I like them but there's just always something that seems off to me about these two. Hopefully I'm wrong. I hope they really are the way they appear on screen, but I always get a feeling that it's staged. Not trying to hate just being cautious. They haven't been together very long.

mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

shilohjulia wrote:Per the latest vlog, Hazzel calls Randy "Daddy". I mean I guess it makes sense, her real dad isn't around and Randy is the one she lives with and who takes care of her. There was another chunk of time where Randy was alone with her. I still find his insistence on calling her "baby" and "princess" a little creepy but the scene where they brought Haylee flowers was sweet. But then when they were at the mall there's a part where he says something about how beautiful Hazzel is. I mean, it's normal to love your stepchild (even tho they aren't married) but I just found it creepy the way he said it. I don't know, I like them but there's just always something that seems off to me about these two. Hopefully I'm wrong. I hope they really are the way they appear on screen, but I always get a feeling that it's staged. Not trying to hate just being cautious. They haven't been together very long.

I went to school with a guy who is friends with randy. He posted something and Randy commented how he showed it to haylee so I know the kid knows her too. I really wanted to ask him if she's the same way in person as she is online but thought I would look like a complete weirdo.

Return to “HayleeAndFamily”