Heidi Kim??

storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Heidi Kim??

Unread post by storeynyx »

HopelessGarden wrote:I'm sad for them. They've been frugal this whole time and medical debt is what prevents them from buying a house. I understand how it happens, it's happened to us. At times half of my husbands paycheck went to insurance premiums, medical debt, current medical expenses. He makes more than Ken, but we still took drastic measures to pay it off. It sucks that this happens to young people. Are they not eligible for medicaid or something? State insurance for the kids?
I think Heidi and the kids were under the affordable care act, but with the last rise in premiums, it was cheaper to get on Ken's insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

storeynyx wrote:
HopelessGarden wrote:I'm sad for them. They've been frugal this whole time and medical debt is what prevents them from buying a house. I understand how it happens, it's happened to us. At times half of my husbands paycheck went to insurance premiums, medical debt, current medical expenses. He makes more than Ken, but we still took drastic measures to pay it off. It sucks that this happens to young people. Are they not eligible for medicaid or something? State insurance for the kids?
I think Heidi and the kids were under the affordable care act, but with the last rise in premiums, it was cheaper to get on Ken's insurance

Her husband's place of work offering insurance would automatically disqualify them from receiving any subsidies, unless the cost of insurance was more than a certain percentage of income (don't quote me on the last part), but I highly doubt that's their case. They probably just have shitty insurance like many Americans do b

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Wtf was Heidi wearing with that belt + blue striped maternity looking top? I'm guessing that it'll be interesting to see her make her capsule wardrobe work...

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

They were actually able to purchase a house rather than rent again. Good for them.

tori
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tori »

I need to preface that this has nothing to do with how Heidi looks, it's just a hunch - I wonder if they might be expecting again... They said some exciting things are going on for the family and a baby on the way might have been the push for purchasing a long term home vs renting. Again (and I'm probably just over analyzing) but it's just a hunch I can't shake.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tori wrote:I need to preface that this has nothing to do with how Heidi looks, it's just a hunch - I wonder if they might be expecting again... They said some exciting things are going on for the family and a baby on the way might have been the push for purchasing a long term home vs renting. Again (and I'm probably just over analyzing) but it's just a hunch I can't shake.

She did look a little... rounder in the video. Not fat, but round lol. We’ll see. I can’t imagine them hiding the ttc journey, unless it was unexpected since that was like the whole basis of her channel

tori
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tori »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
tori wrote:I need to preface that this has nothing to do with how Heidi looks, it's just a hunch - I wonder if they might be expecting again... They said some exciting things are going on for the family and a baby on the way might have been the push for purchasing a long term home vs renting. Again (and I'm probably just over analyzing) but it's just a hunch I can't shake.

She did look a little... rounder in the video. Not fat, but round lol. We’ll see. I can’t imagine them hiding the ttc journey, unless it was unexpected since that was like the whole basis of her channel

Yeah, that definitely occurred to me to. I think maybe they could have had an oopsie (coz, frankly, I don't think they're financially ready for another), but they've mentioned they're pretty strict with contraception... But the long absence reminded me of when Heidi was early in her pregnancy with Irene and not feeling up to posting. Then again, she's also just seemed pretty over youtube for a while now.

HopelessGarden
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HopelessGarden »

I'm glad for them, it's great they bought a house.
guineapeegz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by guineapeegz »

HopelessGarden wrote:I'm glad for them, it's great they bought a house.
Yes!!! Me too! I’m so so so happy for them!
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I'm glad to see they bought a house! Good for them!
Princessyen12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Princessyen12 »

I wonder if Heidi had to go back to work and thats why they aren't vlogging anymore. I know she wasn't really into it much anymore but I know they were always struggling with just Ken working and then her small youtube income. Thats why they started patreon. Im curious how they were able to afford a house when they were barely able to afford an apartment. Maybe all the rent they paid his dad while they were living in his house was given back to them for a downpayment.
monkey837
Talker
Talker

Unread post by monkey837 »

Princessyen12 wrote:I wonder if Heidi had to go back to work and thats why they aren't vlogging anymore. I know she wasn't really into it much anymore but I know they were always struggling with just Ken working and then her small youtube income. Thats why they started patreon. Im curious how they were able to afford a house when they were barely able to afford an apartment. Maybe all the rent they paid his dad while they were living in his house was given back to them for a downpayment.
Smart!! I wouldn’t be surprised if you were right!! I don’t think she’s actually pregnant bc I stalked her fb lol but her going back to work would be the “family change” she mentioned? I’m curious! I wish they would do a quick update.

Princessyen12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Princessyen12 »

I don't think they should have announced vlogmas. Especially since they were already late starting it and now they aren't keeping up with it. She did say she wasn't pregnant though. They keep talking up this exciting news but I doubt its as exciting as they are making it out to be.
monkey837
Talker
Talker

This family and their cars!! Good grief!! I don’t even know what to think.

Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

What was their unexpected news?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
guineapeegz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by guineapeegz »

Toodles123 wrote:What was their unexpected news?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I didn't watch the whole video but I think that their mechanic got into a car accident on the way to their house. They thought he did a no call/no show, but in reality he was on an ambulance to the hospital! That's why they showed Heidi gasping in the thumbnail.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Jesus. They have some awful luck with cars. I feel bad cause they obviously don’t make enough to be able to afford new cars or even used cars from a decent dealership that would come with some warranty. But their whole family is affected at this point. Every single family has some issues with their vehicle.
It was nice of Ken to offer to fix talithas car but I would’ve just taken it to a shop right off the bat.

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:Jesus. They have some awful luck with cars. I feel bad cause they obviously don’t make enough to be able to afford new cars or even used cars from a decent dealership that would come with some warranty. But their whole family is affected at this point. Every single family has some issues with their vehicle.
It was nice of Ken to offer to fix talithas car but I would’ve just taken it to a shop right off the bat.

I was thinking the same thing! It was a nice gesture but when it couldn't be fixed, why didn't he just take it to a shop and hand it back to her? I would never expect my brother to do something like that, I would have insisted that he takes his car back and would have thanked him for trying.
HopelessGarden
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HopelessGarden »

It was because they'd have to tow it to the shop, work had already been attempted. So they went with the mobile mechanic and that was a mess.
monkey837
Talker
Talker

While yes Ken is handy, i question his skills working on cars. They always have a broken car. Often the same thing breaking repeatedly. I think he really made a mistake saying he could fix Talitha’s car. It caused everybody a lot of grief.

Return to “A-H”