Heidi Kim??

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Heidi Kim??

Unread post by eab424 »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:Gosh her makeup is always horrendous. I feel kinda bad, and she always does those awful ringlet curls and never separates them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She always has that bright lipstick and then nothing else. There's another vlogger who does the same thing and has this extra tooth that always shows when she talks and it affects her speech. And didn't Heidi have a beauty channel? Cause this other one does too. Just crazy.
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

Princessyen12 wrote:Im happy she will be on the Birth hour podcast. Maybe she will give more info on the legal situation now that it has been almost 2 years since Irene's birth.
I’m interested to hear what she will talk about, but idk for how long I will able to able to listen because of the way she talks.

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

violet-kelsey black wrote:
Princessyen12 wrote:Im happy she will be on the Birth hour podcast. Maybe she will give more info on the legal situation now that it has been almost 2 years since Irene's birth.
I’m interested to hear what she will talk about, but idk for how long I will able to able to listen because of the way she talks.

That's my pet peeve too. I started watching her because at the time she'd lost Adelaide and I could connect with everything. I was so thrilled for her when she got pregnant with the girls. But then she had Irene and there was all this drama about her birth. Honestly I think they both blew it way out of proportion. Then they were greiving about the birth they wanted but didn't get. And felt the need to make videos about it. It was over the top. I guess they forgot whom their viewer base was primarily made up of. To me the EMTs came in and were trying to get them to the hospital as quickly as possible. They have a living baby. How many loss families don't have that?

I know some formerly infertile couples can sometimes do the same thing after they've had kids. It's so annoying.
Princessyen12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Princessyen12 »

violet-kelsey black wrote:

Heidi will definitely have her theater vpice gping. I can't really stand the way the host of the birth hour talks so between the both of them I'm not sure if I'll get through it.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

She really threw ken under the bus in her video about things she’d do differently. She kept saying how she’d make sure ken was educated and make sure ken advocates for her. Like yes all those things are wonderful but when your wife gives birth on a toilet and you’re not there it’s terrifying. I’m sure my husband would be petrified and would’ve wanted me to do what the emt said.
We’ll never know the full story, what exactly happened because we weren’t there, I’m sure the Emts weren’t treating her ideally but it’s a tough situation.

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:She really threw ken under the bus in her video about things she’d do differently. She kept saying how she’d make sure ken was educated and make sure ken advocates for her. Like yes all those things are wonderful but when your wife gives birth on a toilet and you’re not there it’s terrifying. I’m sure my husband would be petrified and would’ve wanted me to do what the emt said.
We’ll never know the full story, what exactly happened because we weren’t there, I’m sure the Emts weren’t treating her ideally but it’s a tough situation.

I think Heidi was making their job difficult. She has a way of wanting things to go and I can totally see her being difficult about it. I know I wasn't there but I don't see what the EMTs would do that would be so horrible. I base this off of how insane they both were about the experience when Irene was born. All I heard was whining then going to the clinic to recreate the moments they wanted to have after the birth of Irene. I'd take her at home toliet birth over both of mine any day.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

You would think that somebody who had a stillborn baby would just be grateful her baby was healthy and safe. It’s not the EMTs job to coddle her, it’s their job to make sure the patient is safe. She’s being so over dramatic and it’s irritating. Birth rarely goes exactly as you’d hope, get over it and be grateful you have a healthy baby in your arms.

HopelessGarden
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HopelessGarden »

Did any of you watch the second part of her birth story she shared when Irene turned one? The EMT was horrible to her. They weren't having an emergency, they just needed to drive to the birth center and get checked out. You can't just show up at someone's house and force them to ride to the hospital in an ambulance by blocking their cars.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Stacey- That's exactly why I stopped watching her. To me it was over the top insensitive that she was ranting and raving about not having the birth she wanted. Made far too many videos and were a little nutty about it.

Hopeless- I find that she has two accounts of Irene's birth. Irene had low blood sugar plus she could've injured herself during her birth because she'd been born on the toliet. I would think if they were going to talk about what happened they would've said all that in those videos they made right after Irene was born vs. waiting until she turned 1 to do so. I would also think if those things really happened they'd be more upset. Her blood sugar levels were dropping so she needed to be taken to the hospital. Honestly I would've gone when they checked her levels the first time considering they were so low and the second thing was because there's potential for injury. And If I'm pushing a baby out I'd call 911 not the birth center (and yes I have been in this situation and that's what I did).

13 months later she was still acting as if it had been such a horrendous thing. Also if she was in the condition she talked about and Irene was having low blood sugar levels they couldn't allow her to sign the refusal of treatment since there was a minor involved. And the birth center was the one who called 911, and obviously they knew she needed to be taken to the hospital.

As far as the car "scam" 1 you found them on craigslist. 2 they offered to refund your money AND give you the parts you paid for. So I don't see how you were scammed. To me that was her sister's story and they were using it for drama.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yes I do think the EMTs treated her poorly, but I had forgotten about Irene’s blood sugar! The midwife definitely could’ve taken a look at that but they were just doing their job (albeit aggressively). My problem with the video was more so about ken. She just threw him under the bus for not knowing what to do and not knowing how to advocate for her. It would’ve been incredibly hard for him.
I understand she’s upset with the care she received, I think I would be too, but I also would’ve understood their urgency with the blood sugar.

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:Yes I do think the EMTs treated her poorly, but I had forgotten about Irene’s blood sugar! The midwife definitely could’ve taken a look at that but they were just doing their job (albeit aggressively). My problem with the video was more so about ken. She just threw him under the bus for not knowing what to do and not knowing how to advocate for her. It would’ve been incredibly hard for him.
I understand she’s upset with the care she received, I think I would be too, but I also would’ve understood their urgency with the blood sugar.

I was going to say perhaps the midwife could've but if she was the one who called 911 obviously she didn't mean for the ambulance to transport Heidi to the birth center. Considering Irene was born on the toliet she needed to be checked out using equipment a midwife wouldn't have. And I'm not against Midwifery at all we're actually thinking about delivering at Baby and Co when we have our rainbow right now they do my well women's visits. But there are certain things like if she'd eaten and her blood sugar continued to drop a doctor would be better suited to deal with the situation.

They didn't video it just vlogged after it happened and now their talking about suing someone else even after they'd offered to refund the money and give them the parts. We didn't see how Heidi was responding and perhaps they were getting frustrated with it all remember they got there at 9:13 and they didn't leave for the hospital until 10:45 that's a long time for a fire truck and ambulance to be held up at a call because they wanted to wait. Plus her placenta hadn't been delivered yet and it had been nearly 2 hours since Irene had been born.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

HopelessGarden wrote:Did any of you watch the second part of her birth story she shared when Irene turned one? The EMT was horrible to her. They weren't having an emergency, they just needed to drive to the birth center and get checked out. You can't just show up at someone's house and force them to ride to the hospital in an ambulance by blocking their cars.
I understand they may have been aggressive with her, but the EMTs focus would have been on the safety of the baby. Imagine if they had of allowed Heidi and ken to just pop the baby in their car and drive to the birth centre and the baby wasn’t healthy and she died. The EMTs would be liable for that death, Heidi and ken would sue.
As I said, it isn’t their job to coddle Heidi and give her what she wants, it is their job to make sure their patient is safe and their patient was a newborn baby who can’t advocate for herself and they need to make a decision on whether or not it’s safe for that baby to go for a car ride to a birth centre or be taken in an ambulance with trained professions to the hospital to be seen by a doctor.

I understand Heidi is disappointed by how everything went, but she needs to get over it. Her baby is healthy and safe. That’s all that matters at the end of the day.

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

staceybrax wrote:
HopelessGarden wrote:Did any of you watch the second part of her birth story she shared when Irene turned one? The EMT was horrible to her. They weren't having an emergency, they just needed to drive to the birth center and get checked out. You can't just show up at someone's house and force them to ride to the hospital in an ambulance by blocking their cars.
I understand they may have been aggressive with her, but the EMTs focus would have been on the safety of the baby. Imagine if they had of allowed Heidi and ken to just pop the baby in their car and drive to the birth centre and the baby wasn’t healthy and she died. The EMTs would be liable for that death, Heidi and ken would sue.
As I said, it isn’t their job to coddle Heidi and give her what she wants, it is their job to make sure their patient is safe and their patient was a newborn baby who can’t advocate for herself and they need to make a decision on whether or not it’s safe for that baby to go for a car ride to a birth centre or be taken in an ambulance with trained professions to the hospital to be seen by a doctor.

I understand Heidi is disappointed by how everything went, but she needs to get over it. Her baby is healthy and safe. That’s all that matters at the end of the day.

Agreed. And you also have to look at the time line of events. Heidi has been known to overdramatize things. Remember she is friends with daily bums.

Midwife is the one who called 911. If she meant to be the caregiver she would've driven over there to make sure the placenta was delivered and all were healthy. Obviously she found somethings a miss. And it's not normal for an Ambulance and fire truck to be on site at that sort of emergency from 9:15-10:45 when they were finally transported. It's not like they could've gotten in the car because of the placenta not being delivered and you are running an unnecessary risk waiting to check blood sugar levels.

Yeah she needed to get over her "traumatic" birth ages ago. It's noticeable in her subs how they feel about it. Notice how they want to sue or threaten to sue 2 different companies in less than 18 months? Most people don't sue 1 person in 18 years.
HopelessGarden
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HopelessGarden »

Her midwife cannot attend home births. That was the reason for calling the ambulance, so if Heidi or Irene were in immediate danger help would be there. As far as the placenta, EMTs have very little training in childbirth. They would not have been able to manually retrieve it, or give pitocin, or do anything to help in that situation.

And if I remember right Heidi claimed Irene's blood glucose was within an acceptable range, or was by the time they got to the hospital. I'm not sure any intervention, aside from breastfeeding, took place. It's possible she never went into detail about it, but that's what I gathered from her related videos. Nobody even checked my son's levels, I had no idea this was a thing let alone a reason to go to the hospital.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HopelessGarden wrote:Her midwife cannot attend home births. That was the reason for calling the ambulance, so if Heidi or Irene were in immediate danger help would be there. As far as the placenta, EMTs have very little training in childbirth. They would not have been able to manually retrieve it, or give pitocin, or do anything to help in that situation.

And if I remember right Heidi claimed Irene's blood glucose was within an acceptable range, or was by the time they got to the hospital. I'm not sure any intervention, aside from breastfeeding, took place. It's possible she never went into detail about it, but that's what I gathered from her related videos. Nobody even checked my son's levels, I had no idea this was a thing let alone a reason to go to the hospital.
Why would her midwife not be able to attend a home birth? Pretty sure all of them can, and it was more a matter of hers not being able to make it in time and being concerned. Her midwife made a judgement call.

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
HopelessGarden wrote:Her midwife cannot attend home births. That was the reason for calling the ambulance, so if Heidi or Irene were in immediate danger help would be there. As far as the placenta, EMTs have very little training in childbirth. They would not have been able to manually retrieve it, or give pitocin, or do anything to help in that situation.

Why would her midwife not be able to attend a home birth? Pretty sure all of them can, and it was more a matter of hers not being able to make it in time and being concerned. Her midwife made a judgement call.

A midwife can attend a home birth. The only state where it's illegal to do so is in Illinois. As far as the EMTs, I'm pretty sure they've delivered their far share of babies. Ken said in the video after nursing that Irene's BS levels had continued to drop. When I'm referencing a video I usually have it playing on my phone. Obviously the midwife intended for them to be taken to the hospital. Any rational person would after their baby had been born in a toliet and had blood sugar levels that were going down. I didn't mean that the EMTs would deliver the placenta on site nor would I have expected them to. Their job is to go to the scene do basic first aid and get the subjects to the hospital as soon as possible. I know from watching videos that it was Heidi putting her foot down that delayed them going to the hospital. Obviously the midwife found a need for the ambulance to be sent there and take them to the hospital. I doubt she thought Heidi would make them wait an hour and a half to do so which was both reckless and selfish since the ambulance and fire truck have other things to do besides waiting around for her to feel it was the right time. She's not an expert in health care I know she wanted to be a nurse at one point but so far she's been a stay at home mom.

You can file a lawsuit on anyone. One guy sued M&Ms because the packet contained no red ones. Doesn't mean it has merit.
Princessyen12
Talker
Talker

I'm not really interested in her fish obsession so anything else interesting happen in the vlog or is it only about fish?
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Princessyen12 wrote:I'm not really interested in her fish obsession so anything else interesting happen in the vlog or is it only about fish?
Does anything interesting ever really happen?

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
Princessyen12 wrote:I'm not really interested in her fish obsession so anything else interesting happen in the vlog or is it only about fish?
Does anything interesting ever really happen?

Only the drama they dream up that so conveniently happens off camera.....
Princessyen12
Talker
Talker

I couldn't get 30 seconds into that horrible watch ad.

Return to “A-H”