Harris Family Journey

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Harris Family Journey

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Ummm are you joking? Hairstylists make next to nothing and I dont think she makes alot from youtube.
LaurenXo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by LaurenXo »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:Ummm are you joking? Hairstylists make next to nothing and I dont think she makes alot from youtube.
Depends on where a hairstylist works Id imagine, i live in Toronto and the hairstylists, nail techs, estheticians I know of do quite well but I'm not sure if they make a base rate per hour?
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

^ Yes, definitely where you work. I am pretty sure she works at First Choice or something similar, so she wouln'd make much and tips wouldn't tend to be great either (living in T.O would be alot more upscale/expensive and therefor, people tend to tip more at F.Choice if a haircut is only $10-$20 the tip won;t be much)
nancyh100
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nancyh100 »

I recently found her through comments she made under Jessica (gabeandjesss) ex's new woman's YouTube (Natalie brown). I like her and think she has interesting videos and puts a lot of effort into them. She deserves more subscribers and she seems to be doing so well with such a hard circumstance
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nancyh100 wrote:I recently found her through comments she made under Jessica (gabeandjesss) ex's new woman's YouTube (Natalie brown). I like her and think she has interesting videos and puts a lot of effort into them. She deserves more subscribers and she seems to be doing so well with such a hard circumstance
I looove that she watches Nats videos, makes me think she probably reads here? or reads alot of yt comments.
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

I just found her channel yesterday because of a collab video that Channing posted. Here in Ontario parents get money from the Ontario Disability Support Program for their children until they're 18 then it get transferred to said child. So Bonnie more than likely gets something like that up in B.C. to help out with Hannah's medical expenses.
LaurenXo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Hannah doesn't have medical expenses those are all covered by her provincial health insurance. (Ohip here in Ontario, I think it's called BC health where she is).

Basically any disability money you get is extra spending money.

I like Bonnie but she is "playing the system" a bit. She lives in low income housing, collects child support, disability, child tax benefits that she likely gets the maximum amount for, and other benefits that I'm not remembering. Plus income from YouTube and hairstyling. So yeah she's not hurting for cash especially since all medical things and nursing are covered
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

I thought she said she didn't get child support. I don't think she is playing the system. She doesn't spend on a lot frivolous things.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

How is that playing the system? She is a single mother of two. Child tax credit is given to everyone, she has a child with disabiliity so...? what is she supposed to do, say "no thanks. Ill pay out of pocket?" She could easily just not work at all, she does the best she can.

Anyway, she saw your comment Lauren. Posted about it on facebook.
Canadiangirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Canadiangirl »

I believe in no way is she playing the system trust me I live in a town where girls play the system. I Receive child support for my oldest and I get child tax credit and I work so am I playing the system too. I have alot of respect for her compared to most of the moms on YouTube. Bonnie has more on her plate than most moms and she is doing it alone, She doesn't have a partner at night to wake up and help with Hannah ( when there is no nurse) ect. Her daughters are her main focus and it shows
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

I know she's not playing the system but I would much rather see someone in her situation "playing the system" instead of people like tayler. She's such a strong woman, I don't know how she does it
kennedee74
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kennedee74 »

Here in Canada you get child tax credits no matter what you make. I get four a month here in Ontario and I'd have to be making over 60,000 a year to not qualify for 2 of them the other two I'd still get and so would people that make 6 figures. They are geared to income the tax credits except for the universal child care credit everyone gets the same amount with that one. So the more she makes whether it be child support, work, whatever the less she would get in those credit. So she can't play the system. They track all of your income here wherever it comes from here in canada so it's nearly impossible to cheat the system. She chooses to work she doesn't have to and that speaks volumes. She's not on welfare. Welfare and our tax benefits are 2 totally different things.
She has to live in low income housing. Her work schedule is not stable due to Hannah being in and out of the hospital. She has to have her own place for the girls because of all the medical supplies Hannah needs. She can't live anywhere else it's too risky so she does the best she can for her girls and you can see it in her videos. Like she won't even bring men around them which is huge compared to what other youtubers do!
Bonnie is one of the sweetest people I know and I barely know her! That should speak volumes.
Katie I know you probably didn't mean wrong by what you said but honestly she isn't playing the system we are just very lucky to have the tax credits like we do and I have no. Doubt she budgets very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

I never said she was playing the system lol that was somebody else.
kennedee74
Amateur
Amateur

HeyKatie wrote:I never said she was playing the system lol that was somebody else.
My bad sorry meant Lauren. I looked at the wrong profile name. Sorry Katie!

LaurenXo
Gossiper
Gossiper

I didn't mean any harm by what I said and even though I'm from Canada I admittedly have pretty left-wing views as far as welfare and state benefits are concerned.

What I should have said is that her situation is undoubtedly much better living here in Canada rather then the U.S. Where you have to pay for insurance and/or pay expenses out of pocket. Obviously she's not struggling to afford luxuries like a Costco membership, beach body, canon camera, trips to target Etc. obviously I give her credit for what she's doing because it can't be easy being a single mom of twins, one with special needs. However I would never consider her to be "struggling" financially, especially with the luxuries she can afford that are somehow paid for by government and taxpayer dollars. How it works here is that Hannah's medical bills are covered, and then she'll get a bonus cheque every month on top of it, (Hannah for the rest of her life if she can't work obviously).

Either way Bonnie if your reading this, I realize what I said came off as harsh and I apologize .

Like someone else said, in the town I live in its very common to see girls having multiple kids, giving them the bare minimum and then collecting welfare/disability/child tax. And choosing not to work
LaurenXo
Gossiper
Gossiper

I didn't mean any harm by what I said and even though I'm from Canada I admittedly have pretty left-wing views as far as welfare and state benefits are concerned.

What I should have said is that her situation is undoubtedly much better living here in Canada rather then the U.S. Where you have to pay for insurance and/or pay expenses out of pocket. Obviously she's not struggling to afford luxuries like a Costco membership, beach body, canon camera, trips to target Etc. obviously I give her credit for what she's doing because it can't be easy being a single mom of twins, one with special needs. However I would never consider her to be "struggling" financially, especially with the luxuries she can afford that are somehow paid for by government and taxpayer dollars. How it works here is that Hannah's medical bills are covered, and then she'll get a bonus cheque every month on top of it, (Hannah for the rest of her life if she can't work obviously).

Either way Bonnie if your reading this, I realize what I said came off as harsh and I apologize .

Like someone else said, in the town I live in its very common to see girls having multiple kids, giving them the bare minimum and then collecting welfare/disability/child tax. And choosing not to work
kennedee74
Amateur
Amateur

But she didn't have multiple children. She had only the one pregnancy and you can tell that she knows she's not ready for more kids. She isn't continuing to pop out kids. She's working she earns her own money. She doesn't choose to receive the tax credits. You get them whether you like it or not. And because she works the amount she gets is lower than someone who doesn't work. But like I said you don't choose to get the tax benefits.
Housing was designed for mothers like her that need a reliable place to stay, especially when A child has special needs. She's said she's like to go back to school and even get a better job but she can't right now because she can't commit to something like that and I think that's smart to do. Like why waste the couple grand on college just to drop out because your daughter is so sick and needs you. Or get a better paying job but risking them trying to find reasons to fire you because you miss days due to your child being sick.
I know that if Bonnie could she would live in a regular apartment or rent a townhouse etc but it's just not an option for her.
I get it it's hard to see past the girls that continue to abuse the system by never getting a college diploma or even high school in some cases and they continue to have multiple kids with different dads while in housing and on welfare and they have no goals of making their life better, trust me I see it all the time and it's hard to get past that stereotype but Bonnie is so polar opposite to that and she's not even on welfare, had only the one pregnancy, refuses to bring men around her kids, she works as much as she can, and has goals to better herself for her girls when her life is a bit more stable and Hannah isn't getting as sick as she does right now.

EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

Hmmm you seem to "know" an awful lot about Bonnie. That's all I'm going to say. ;)
kennedee74
Amateur
Amateur

nope I'm not Bonnie but i do follow her on YouTube and she's given me a lot of advice on YouTube for my own channel. She's one of like 3 youtubers I follow and anyone else that watches her would know those things I mentioned too. I've said my piece on this I'm done now.

killerqueeen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by killerqueeen »

Oh hey Bonnie! Nice to meet you! There's no need to lie about commenting on a forum about yourself. ;)

Return to “A-H”