April and Davey

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: April and Davey

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ferriswheel wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Anyone know why they named their son "Ender"? I am betting it's from the movie "Ender's Game". Because I googled the name and it's Turkish in origin. I just have a real hard time imagining this white bread Utah Mormon family naming their son a Turkish name.
Davey read the book and really liked it and wanted to use the name.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
I knew it! Wow. I wonder if they even know it's Turkish.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Averybaileyclark
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Averybaileyclark »

I love them! I have been watching them for a cuple of years now and they are my favorite vloggers. Their vlogs are just so interesting and entertaining! They definitely deserve more subscribers.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

lmmomSD wrote:
ferriswheel wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Anyone know why they named their son "Ender"? I am betting it's from the movie "Ender's Game". Because I googled the name and it's Turkish in origin. I just have a real hard time imagining this white bread Utah Mormon family naming their son a Turkish name.
Davey read the book and really liked it and wanted to use the name.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
I knew it! Wow. I wonder if they even know it's Turkish.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
I went to school with an Enderlee.. Ender is a racecar part name too

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

lmmomSD wrote:PS-- it's not the red hair and freckles that I find "unfortunate". Gingers are beautiful!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I know what you mean, I do think Ambree is going to be beautiful.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Ambree is lovely, definitely the cutest kid. Is she still the one that is left out a lot?
dfjhazy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by dfjhazy »

Totally agree on Ambree. She is a beautiful little girl and seems very sweet. Ender appears to be a handful. I like April and Davey but they are way too laid back in my opinion. One of the kids always seems to be hurt. Poor EB had a terrible accident on July 4th and her sweet face was a mess. Some kid on a swing plowed right into her. They never seem to watch her very carefully.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

dfjhazy wrote:Totally agree on Ambree. She is a beautiful little girl and seems very sweet. Ender appears to be a handful. I like April and Davey but they are way too laid back in my opinion. One of the kids always seems to be hurt. Poor EB had a terrible accident on July 4th and her sweet face was a mess. Some kid on a swing plowed right into her. They never seem to watch her very carefully.
That's what Heavnely Father is for.. He watches over your kids so you dont have to.
BaffledByItAll
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BaffledByItAll »

dfjhazy wrote:Totally agree on Ambree. She is a beautiful little girl and seems very sweet. Ender appears to be a handful. I like April and Davey but they are way too laid back in my opinion. One of the kids always seems to be hurt. Poor EB had a terrible accident on July 4th and her sweet face was a mess. Some kid on a swing plowed right into her. They never seem to watch her very carefully.
I agree that they need to watch all of the kids more carefully a lot of the time, but pretty sure it was the opposite and a little boy ran in front of the swing while she was swinging. I just watched back and that is what both April and Davey said. Sometimes kids do just get hurt. It was awful though :( The thing that turned me off the most recently was the way Davey treated the employee at Disney World (and I haven't been able to watch him the same since). I can understand being annoyed that they measure your kid at every ride, but they do it for a reason and you shouldn't take your annoyance out on one individual. It was clear Ender wasn't touching the sign and it the guy had no proof they'd already been on the ride before. Watching it just made me incredibly uncomfortable. And then of course when they went back a couple days later that's the exact ride Ender smacked his head incredibly hard on... probably because he shouldn't have been riding it to begin with.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I agree, I went back and watched that video on both channels (it was the Tannerites little boy who ran into her) this specific incident doesn't seem like it happened due to her not being watched close enough. I also wouldn't call it terrible, not fun for her but not terrible. Sometimes it just happens.

I don't watch them often, but wow EB is Daisy's little twin.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Big announcement.. they're not going to daily vlog anymore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

onbreak wrote:
I thought the announcement was that there will be 1-7 day delay on the vlogs but there will still be a vlog every day??
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
onbreak wrote:
I thought the announcement was that there will be 1-7 day delay on the vlogs but there will still be a vlog every day??

It was. I'm not liking these vloggers putting up late things....
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

1-7 day delay? That's a pretty big gap lol. At least go with something a little more reliable like 2-3 days.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think it is just because they travel alot, sometimes where there is no wifi/reliable net.
I didnt watch the video, but did they also stop amking superhero videos? Wasn't that how they made the bulk of their income?? Their vlogs have under 10k views. It cant be worth it? Why dont they just go to vlogging a few times a week.
priestess
Talker
Talker

Unread post by priestess »

foreversoulmates wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:
onbreak wrote:

i am actually ok with putting up such a large gap, especially since they have kids. i'd do the same time. it seems so unsafe to publicly broadcast "oh we're going to be here, here, and here over the next few days." not only does it open them up to people stalking them, but robbers know that their house is empty.

i'm actually surprised that they're still in business. it's not like they are pulling in a lot of views per video. i wonder how much money per video is needed to sustain a lifestyle by vlogging? i mean, do they work as well? also are they mormon? they are, right???
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

priestess wrote:
foreversoulmates wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote: I thought the announcement was that there will be 1-7 day delay on the vlogs but there will still be a vlog every day??

i am actually ok with putting up such a large gap, especially since they have kids. i'd do the same time. it seems so unsafe to publicly broadcast "oh we're going to be here, here, and here over the next few days." not only does it open them up to people stalking them, but robbers know that their house is empty.

i'm actually surprised that they're still in business. it's not like they are pulling in a lot of views per video. i wonder how much money per video is needed to sustain a lifestyle by vlogging? i mean, do they work as well? also are they mormon? they are, right???
I found April through her hair channel years ago and when they moved finally getting settled she mentioned she had no interest in continuing that. I think theyre just burnt out.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

^ She has no interest in continuing a hair channel or doing hair? because dont they have a salon in the basement? lol... that house is pimped out completely, that backyard is MY dream let alone a kids dream.. a full kicthen in the basement, the salon, the decor etc... They have to be bringing it in somewhere. I guess that was all money from the superhero vids? I am pretty sure that is where the real money was. I know he does (did?) wedding photography also... Damn. What did I do wrong in life...
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They're bringing it in via their superhero videos. They have a "Kids Try" channel that has 2 million + subscribers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

Their kids channel used to have 200 million views per month a year ago. It still averages 1 million a day now, so they make pretty good money and hopefully saved a bunch last year.
I assume their photography business must also be very good because they bought the lot and started building way before youtube fame, so they couldn't have been that broke.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I was going to say that i'm sure their Superhero channel is still making it possible for them to live comfortably for awhile. I think they also do photography too (on the side)
I sure hope they give that new exchange student some space and privacy, I would hate to have kids barge in my room all the time, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that since it was her first day that the kids were just excited and that's why they were in her room and playing with her (unless she is there to be a babysitter?) I didn't pay close attention to why she was there.

Return to “A-H”