April and Davey

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

April and Davey

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I have been watching them for a few weeks now and really like them. They are funny, not overly religious and have sense of humors. I sometimes can't get over how messy the kids look, their hair isn't brushed, clothes don't match but I am anal about my kids appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3AYy ... FPSswydNcw

Today is the first time I really side eyed them, they let their 2 year old get on the stage during his sisters school play. I was totally thinking "WTF?" the entire time!

I also want to know how they survive, they just built an amazing house, have a herd of kids and seem to get by on Davey doing wedding photography.

They keep coming up in other vloggers I watch so I wanted to chat about them.
ohmymy
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Re: April and Davey

Unread post by ohmymy »

I love them. They are so real. They don't put on a show, which I really appreciate. I was actually really happy to find that they didn't have a thread here lol...
I know both of them do wedding shoots and April still does hair in her home salon.. that plus youtube and they probably aren't doing too bad. They don't throw a ton of money around on useless stuff like most youtubers.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I watch them on occasion. I think their newest little one is just precious.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I think they are my favorite family to watch right now but I did side eye when they let Ender get on stage!
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

And another side eye today, Do they ever watch Ender? Today he colored on his entire face with marker, cut his finger on an open can of olives and got stuck outside in the snow alone. That is just today and what they chose to show. That's in freaking sane.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I've been liking them as well. Though I am going to admit their sons names are horrid. Ender?
I wondered how they could afford to have that huge house and all those kids as well but like said upthread they certainly dont spend like some youtubers do.
ohmymy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ohmymy »

I've heard the name Ender a few times since I started watching their vlogs. It's definitely not a popular name but I don't think it's awful.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

Do them come from money, or did April make a lot from her Hair 101 by April vlogs? Their photos and videography aren't great, so I'm going to guess its not from his photog biz. She seems nice. Don't know why she chose to breed with him, don't think the kids are going to appreciate the big nose, extreme red hair, freckles and acne genes. He seems demanding. i don't like how he talks over April and interrupts her. Their oldest son seems down, and his interactions with the husband made me think he's the stepfather, but he's not.
QueenCarol
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by QueenCarol »

I started watching April's Life last June I think. I have always liked April and Davey for the most part (sometimes like mentioned, he talks over April and seems to get a bit jealous when his wife gets all the laughs) I just love Zade, Daisy and baby Elizabeth! Ender and Ambree too, they're cute kids, but I can never understand what they're saying. I know they are three and five but they need a little help with their speech. Elizabeth is so over Davey getting in her face being all loud and rubbing her head lol! I guess the only thing I can gossip about them for is the way they just give in to Ender when he wants to do something ie. the macaroni all over the floor incident. They just grab the camera instead of reprimanding him. I can say I still enjoy watching them every day, they still make the vlogs fun to watch.
Edit: April and Davey, not April's life. (Eye roll)
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

This maybe kind of an old topic but it was refreshing watching her water birth prep video. She wasn't hung up on how her birth would go, she understood things can change and their beyond our control etc. I believe she's had a miscarriage prior to Elizabeth's pregnancy so she appreciates this all the more. Not saying others don't but sometimes the unthinkable of losing a baby and how it feels and how what one might say might be hurtful to another who has lost a baby is lost on one that hasn't experienced it.

Although I have a great friend who's had 5 amazing kids and she's been the most understanding friend I've had through it all.

Another who I went through infertility with she had a baby girl a month after my son was born sleeping then had a miscarriage then had two live births totally forgets and doesn't appriciate how good she has it.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I have lost all respect for them after todays video. Ambree has had a fever since Hawaii and they haven't had her checked out. She had a high fever and they took her out to eat and to a bounce place. What irresponsible parenting. As a mother to a child with immune system difficulties, what jackasses. Dragging a ill child around in public places, spreading germs everywhere.
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

Wasn't there also a video a couple days ago where April took her to the doctor and then said that she thought Ambree just likes going to the doctor so plays up symptoms?
vrt104
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by vrt104 »

A new vehicle, a nice trip to Hawaii, an amazing yard, a new hot tub ...plus all the other things they are not showing. All in just a few weeks!!...I really like this family but I am beginning to lack interest with all their over spending! They are becoming less relatable.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

^^ This is what always happens with family vloggers. They start getting money and sponsorships and just want all the damn things and then they are not relatable anymore.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I think the hot tub was a product placement. It said Bullfrog all over it.

I find it sad how they focus on annoying Ender all the time.Poor Ambree is all but ignored.
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I think the hot tub was a product placement. It said Bullfrog all over it.

I find it sad how they focus on annoying Ender all the time.Poor Ambree is all but ignored.

Wasn't bullfrogsthe company who gave Charles trippy a hot tub years ago?
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

I'm oddly okay with their purchases right now. It's a lot at once, but other than the hot tub, I feel like all the money they've spent has been for the kids. All of them are going to love that backyard. It's filled with a ton for them to do. The whole family got to go to Hawaii, it at least wasn't a big lavish vacation just for the two of them, and they got a new car, but I feel like it's at least one that's very practical for their family. Lord knows I would never drive it. haha They will definitely lose me though if they start spending more money on themselves while not getting things for the kids.
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

Wow, I didn't realize they had another channel that was raking in the views. I'd heard them talk about it before but never paid attention. So I just went over to it today and it's close to 1 million subscribers, and each video is raking in the viewers. No wonder they have money to burn now.
vrt104
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by vrt104 »

Yes, the new channel took off soo quickly! I wish April would go back to making hair vlogs for her channel Hair 101.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
QueenCarol
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by QueenCarol »

I can't believe they let Ender get away with so much. I know he's only three, but he gets little to no reprimanding every time he does something that would (in my opinion) need it. I guess I'm just a more strict parent because I would never let my daughters take things and hide them from me or one another, they always need to ask me or eachother if they want something. The thing with him taking Cool Whip from the fridge and closing himself in his bedroom and April just laughs and says "I can't get mad at him." He will never learn to ask permission if she just keeps laughing things off and not teaching him it's not ok to sneak things (or "borrow" things). He is going to grow up thinking it's ok to do all of these things because he's cute and he'll get away with everything. In a recent vlog April was questioning him and telling him to come help her find Daisy's goggles and he threw a purple toy at her/toward her. I would have told him not to be throwing toys when people are around or in front of him. Every time he has something or takes something from a sibling they attempt to tell him no or try to take it back, he makes a fuss and they say ok and give it to him to avoid having a tantrums.
Someone commented on one of their Hawaii vlogs that they act spoiled and entitled because they make a scene every where they go and I can kind of see that now. They deserve the material things they have earned and are entitled to make a stink if it isn't just right, but I think what that person said about their behavior in public is true. They mentioned the loud conch at restaurants, the incident with climbing all over the McDonald's play area to retrieve a toy for Zade instead of teaching him a lesson (I believe Davey told him not to play with it in there or he'll lose a piece, but he did it anyway), them picking a banana from someone's tree or something and them letting the kids play in a fountain at church. I saw nothing wrong with it at the time, but when you think about it, they can get the kids hurt or in some trouble if they keep letting them off the hook so easily with everything, just tell them no sometimes... I get kids will be kids, but kids also need to have rules and abide by them. These kids seem to have boundaries but for the sake of the vlog and looking like cool parents, they get away with a lot. I don't know, I guess I am just annoyed with the fact that they can be seen as lazy parents some times and they think it's cool to be that way.

Return to “A-H”