Aaryn Williams

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Aaryn Williams

Unread post by eab424 »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:She called her newborn "sassy" in the labor, delivery vlog... How in the world can a one day old be sassy?
It's a southern thing they give their kids weird nicknames almost right away.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Here's my take on her. She's super annoying. Like reviewing(she called it an overview) products she's not even used yet to get more views on yt. When I'm shopping for a travel system I see all these reviews of "we haven't used it yet but we think it will be great!" Um how helpful is it to review a product you really haven't used yet. Makes you look really dumb.

For most of her videos she takes out most of the products and explains what each does and what it's purpose is. It's almost as if she's never known anyone whose given birth or had a baby. For the hospital I think she over packed by a lot. One of those outfits she had Skyla in was seriously tacky and as someone else said for a newborn wouldn't be comfortable for her.

She packed just for clothes:
Side snap tees
Pants
Gown
A pacifier with a giraffe (she said in case she wanted to hold something....how old did she think she was going to be when she was born?!?!)
Hats
Mittens
5 blankets (it's Texas, it's the summer...it's seriously hot)
And that's just a sample. The video and the shower haul video could've been a lot shorter if she didn't explain what everything was.

Then there's the advice. Like the epidural she got nearly right away. She wasn't in active labor or dialated to a 4 which are two of the requirements for ladies in labor for all the hospitals I've attended births at. My son's birth, my daughter's, my nieces and several friends all couldn't get an epi until they were a 4 and were in active labor. She's the first I've seen with contractions but not in active labor that got an epidural.
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

I agree. I didn't like how in her labor and delivery video and the story video she was giving advice like she was some sage voice of wisdom. "If you feel yourself get nauseous at all, ask for the medicine immediately" "if you know you're getting an epidural, get it immediately, don't wait". Her advice for everything was basically, don't deal with a single second of pain or discomfort in labor, have them get you meds, and make them come back if you start to feel an ounce of anymore. I have no issues with people getting epidurals. If that's what you want and what works for you, go for it, but her advice is to basically drug yourself up for all of it, which kind of defeats the purpose of labor. Yes, epidurals can make it better, but you're not supposed to have them from moment one.

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in her labor and delivery story video did she say that she tore her hymen during labor? I wasn't paying 100% attention, but it sounded like she was saying they sewed her hymen back together and that tightens things back up? lol If she was saying that, pretty sure being sewn back together after labor doesn't tighten your vagina. They're muscles that will contract. And pretty sure your hymen is gone long before you ever have a baby. But again, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'd just never heard any of that before.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

OnAPlaydate wrote:I agree. I didn't like how in her labor and delivery video and the story video she was giving advice like she was some sage voice of wisdom. "If you feel yourself get nauseous at all, ask for the medicine immediately" "if you know you're getting an epidural, get it immediately, don't wait". Her advice for everything was basically, don't deal with a single second of pain or discomfort in labor, have them get you meds, and make them come back if you start to feel an ounce of anymore. I have no issues with people getting epidurals. If that's what you want and what works for you, go for it, but her advice is to basically drug yourself up for all of it, which kind of defeats the purpose of labor. Yes, epidurals can make it better, but you're not supposed to have them from moment one.

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in her labor and delivery story video did she say that she tore her hymen during labor? I wasn't paying 100% attention, but it sounded like she was saying they sewed her hymen back together and that tightens things back up? lol If she was saying that, pretty sure being sewn back together after labor doesn't tighten your vagina. They're muscles that will contract. And pretty sure your hymen is gone long before you ever have a baby. But again, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'd just never heard any of that before.

I agree with you that's what got on my nerves about her birthing video. It almost felt like she was ignorant of all things during her pregnancy, when she was packing her hospital bag (maybe she'll want to hold something really gave me pause) and put the giraffe pacifier in the bag. Stuff she'd say made me believe she never read a book about pregnancy, labor or about babies in general.

Both of my babies were born early. I didn't have pain meds during labor or delivery but I did have some afterwards. For my next baby I plan on having them at a birth center. For me I want to be able to be mobile. Why you wouldn't want to move during labor to help things along and then if you want get an epidural fine but early on just makes zero sense. Maybe they made an exception perhaps because they might've seen her not so nice side?

As far as zofran I'd steer clear of that during pregnancy. It maybe Texas hospitals I've heard of a lot of weird stuff happen there that doesn't seem to be the way I've seen hospitals operate elsewhere.

I didn't hear anything about a hymen but like you I wasn't 100% paying attention. I feel my IQ going down when I watch her.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

eab424 wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:She called her newborn "sassy" in the labor, delivery vlog... How in the world can a one day old be sassy?
lol really?? I'm southern and has no idea this was a "thing" Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

zipadeedodah wrote:
eab424 wrote:
lol really?? I'm southern and has no idea this was a "thing" Image

where I live it is. I meant the southern thing in a positive way.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

?[/quote] It's a southern thing they give their kids weird nicknames almost right away.[/quote][/quote] lol really?? I'm southern and has no idea this was a "thing"

No it wasnt a nickname like "sassy girl" she said "she was being sassy" A one day old cannot be sassy. Nope. Tired, Hungry, yes. Sassy no.
anxietyqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by anxietyqueen »

Lol, I think you guys are overthinking the sassy thing.

I've been watching Aaryn's videos since the first one. Overall, I really enjoy her videos and snapchats, but like others mentioned, I get SO annoyed with how defensive she gets over by the smallest comments. First of all, who cares if someone has a differing opinion than you. Second of all, IGNORE them if it bothers you. I feel like she takes it all as a personal attack. She needs to get over that if she's going to stay on youtube.

Other than that, I like her and I like that she's honest and real for the most part. She doesn't try to paint this picture of perfection like so many other moms, and I love that. She does have her bitchy moments and you can tell she has had a very spoiled life, but she's still very likeable IMO. Her mom makes me laugh ...every time she's around, she makes remarks about Aaryn being a little dramatic and catty.
anxietyqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Lol, uh oh, she went on another defensive snapchat rant this morning over people telling her not to drink coffee or eat dairy since Skyla is so fussy. I get that it's annoying having people tell you what to do, but you are NEVER going to get away from that as long as you're on youtube. Never! So stop wasting your time constantly defending yourself ...it's SUCH a waste of time. Even if I don't like a youtuber, I always respect when they don't give the negative comments the time of day and just do their own thing.
lola_darling
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lola_darling »

For the most part, I like Aaryn. I never watched her on big brother so I don't know how she was then, but on yt and snapchat she seems very real. Yes, it's clear she has been spoiled but she doesn't try to hide that, which I respect. She was open about being a difficult teenager. Also, since giving birth, she has been really open on snapchat about feeling depressed and finding it hard to get back into the normal routine of tidying the house and getting things done, which I have noticed some other yt moms gloss over. She is super defensive though, which can get annoying. I also think her videos tend to be really long because she goes off on tangents explaining things she doesn't have to.
anxietyqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

lola_darling wrote:For the most part, I like Aaryn. I never watched her on big brother so I don't know how she was then, but on yt and snapchat she seems very real. Yes, it's clear she has been spoiled but she doesn't try to hide that, which I respect. She was open about being a difficult teenager. Also, since giving birth, she has been really open on snapchat about feeling depressed and finding it hard to get back into the normal routine of tidying the house and getting things done, which I have noticed some other yt moms gloss over. She is super defensive though, which can get annoying. I also think her videos tend to be really long because she goes off on tangents explaining things she doesn't have to.
I'm not a mom yet so maybe I shouldn't judge just yet on the overly defensive thing, but you're exactly right, she doesn't constantly need to be explaining herself. I know she said she feels like she has to, but I hope she soon realizes she owes nobody an explanation for how or why she chooses to do things. Plus, the people who make comments WANT to get a reaction out of her, and it's only going to get worse as the channel grows.

Bonnie is my fave mommy vlogger and she truly doesn't care, which is what really got me hooked on her. She raises her kids how she wants, and she gives no shits what the Internet has to say about it.

Babydustfairy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Babydustfairy »

I used to watch her pregnancy updates here and there but honestly I can't stand her annoying, bratty, self entitled attitude
freshEyremom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by freshEyremom »

I kind think WTF. IF you know she has spouted racist crap what does it matter how she is now? She is pandering to YT. She probably still feels that same way she did-but that wont get her views on this platform. This is how this crap thrives. People saying, "Well, I've never heard her say it." Or, "She's not that way now." Unless she puts out a video talking about how wrong she was I'm gonna assume she's still a piece of human garbage.
anxietyqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

freshEyremom wrote:I kind think WTF. IF you know she has spouted racist crap what does it matter how she is now? She is pandering to YT. She probably still feels that same way she did-but that wont get her views on this platform. This is how this crap thrives. People saying, "Well, I've never heard her say it." Or, "She's not that way now." Unless she puts out a video talking about how wrong she was I'm gonna assume she's still a piece of human garbage.
She has said she was wrong, ignorant, and has done a lot of growing up since then.

My views on a million different things have changed so much from when I was younger, more so once I moved out and experienced the world on my own. Have yours not?
freshEyremom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by freshEyremom »

Unless she specifically says she doesn't hold racist views any longer I'm not down. She explains her every parenting move, but not that. Hmm. No.
Febe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Febe »

Her nursery tour popped up in my suggested videos and I decided to watch it since I had seen her name on here previously. It was cute but those drapes over the bed...omg super dangerous. I could see the baby pulling them when she gets older and then that crown thing falling down. I hope she removes the drapes when the baby starts to stand up in the future.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Febe wrote:Her nursery tour popped up in my suggested videos and I decided to watch it since I had seen her name on here previously. It was cute but those drapes over the bed...omg super dangerous. I could see the baby pulling them when she gets older and then that crown thing falling down. I hope she removes the drapes when the baby starts to stand up in the future.

Yeah I thought the same thing. But she didn't seem very baby savvy then. That's what was funny about the birth video and the "baby haul" videos. She would explain what every little thing did and what it was for etc. Seriously we all know what a pacifier does. Then she acted like a newborn would want to snuggle something. At that point their swaddled and not at that age where they'd want to hold something while sleeping.

And again the birth video was hilarious. She was giving out advice as if she had any idea what was going on. She packed as if she were moving in the hospital. The whole epidural thing, most hospitals make you wait until your in active labor and 4 cm dialated.

She doesn't hide the fact she's spoiled but she also doesn't hide the fact she doesn't seem that bright or mature either.
anxietyqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Agreed on her over-explaining what simple products do, but I don't think that's because she's trying to be a know-it-all, etc. She's new at youtube as well as a new mom, so I think that stuff will die down with time/experience.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

anxietyqueen wrote:Agreed on her over-explaining what simple products do, but I don't think that's because she's trying to be a know-it-all, etc. She's new at youtube as well as a new mom, so I think that stuff will die down with time/experience.
Oh I know I took it a different way. She just seemed like she knew nothing about babies, pregnancy or birth and it was laughable hearing her explain things. So many books out there and many OB offices even hand out copies of "what to expect when your expecting" The review of her travel system that looks like a vacuum was pretty funny too.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

anxietyqueen wrote:Agreed on her over-explaining what simple products do, but I don't think that's because she's trying to be a know-it-all, etc. She's new at youtube as well as a new mom, so I think that stuff will die down with time/experience.
Oh I know I took it a different way. She just seemed like she knew nothing about babies, pregnancy or birth and it was laughable hearing her explain things most of the products she had no idea what they were and it just became so long and boring. So many books out there and many OB offices even hand out copies of "what to expect when your expecting" The review of her travel system that looks like a vacuum was pretty funny too.

Her "hospital bag" video was beyond redicoulous.

Return to “Aaryn Williams”