Knorpp and South | Part 1

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Knorrp and South

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I have been side eyeing them since her IG post about the break in where she referred to "HIM" as a "DRUG ADDICT" as if someone breaking into your car could not possibly be a female or anyone other than a drug addict. First of all, you were in New York City. Secondly, it could have been unruly teens, a homeless person (because shocker... "Heavenly Father" allows college educated people to be homeless too) etc etc...
I know they are all Mormon but I do wonder how it was presented to the older adopted children. Since it hasnt been burned into their brains from birth, do any of them question it??
Lennmama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lennmama »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:I have been side eyeing them since her IG post about the break in where she referred to "HIM" as a "DRUG ADDICT" as if someone breaking into your car could not possibly be a female or anyone other than a drug addict. First of all, you were in New York City. Secondly, it could have been unruly teens, a homeless person (because shocker... "Heavenly Father" allows college educated people to be homeless too) etc etc...
I know they are all Mormon but I do wonder how it was presented to the older adopted children. Since it hasnt been burned into their brains from birth, do any of them question it??
Yep, totally agree. She was also pretty rude to some people in the comments who weren't being snarky, just saying that it wasn't NYC's fault.

As for the adopted children becoming Mormon, I believe they've said in past videos that they let the kids decide. So far I think they've all converted (is that the right term?), but that's not surprising given they're young, impressionable, and most likely want to please their adopted family and fit in. It will be interesting to see if they continue to practice the faith into adulthood. There are some pretty high expectations, especially for men, that they leave home at 18 with little to no family contact for two years to go on a mission trip (correct me if I'm wrong-- I'm not Mormon).

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I can only imagine how hard it must be to be an adopted child learning about their new families religion, especially mormonism. I'm sure they feel extreme pressure to go along with it due to fear of how the adoptive parents might feel towards the child if they chose not to practice their beloved religion.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Another thing I have wondered about....What do you think the older kids thought when they got here and realized they were going to be "unschooled"? I have no idea what their schooling situation was like in China but I imagine they had some preconceived ideas about what school would be like once they got to the US. I personally can imagine myself being pretty disappointed to find out how unconventional and questionable an uncshcooling education (that was forced upon me) is...especially if they were doing traditional schooling in China. Despite what Megan says, if college was ever in their future plans, this certainly complicates things.

And I know there is an argument that anything here is better than what they had when they were in an orphanage in China but still... talk about culture shock and changed expectations.
dfjhazy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by dfjhazy »

That would be very interesting to hear the older adopted kids thoughts on unschooling. I'm sure they are going through a bit of culture shock now but why didn't they attempt to learn French before they left on this trip. Megan seems put out by the fact no one there speaks English. They seem very unprepared for this trip. If you plan on visiting a country for months then attempt to learn some language to carry on a basic conversation, preferably before you arrive! She absolutely wears the pants in that family. Mike seems plain worn out so far. I've always found Megan to be annoying but lately she drives me nuts. I don't find her very affectionate towards any of the kids either and the littler ones seem to be craving and missing that. I like Mike but he seems like he is over this trip already. It still is mind blowing to me they can afford this lifestyle selling essential oils. She must have a big down line of people reporting to her. I'm sure the super fans support them as well. That stuff isn't cheap, I was amazed at the cost when I looked it up.
liloux
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by liloux »

The whole reasoning they gave for not learning any basic French didn't add up either, if they had practiced for 15 minutes a day they could have definitely had the basics down. To go to such a small village in France especially, it was ignorant for them to expect English to be spoken.
dfjhazy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by dfjhazy »

liloux wrote:The whole reasoning they gave for not learning any basic French didn't add up either, if they had practiced for 15 minutes a day they could have definitely had the basics down. To go to such a small village in France especially, it was ignorant for them to expect English to be spoken.
. Totally! It seems lazy they never attempted to even try. If they were in Paris or a larger city then yes you would find English speaking residents but not in these very small rural towns.
Mom2two
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mom2two »

I think they'll be heading back for the US sooner rather than later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charlotte
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Charlotte »

The part that I can't get over is that the house where they are staying is using their YouTube content and helping them with things. Imagine how they are going to feel when they see the latest vlog. They basically talk about the village like it is the back of beyond. They have not prepared themselves at all for this trip.

With regard to their oils I considered using them as I'm a chronic insomniac so I signed up for their web seminar. Well I was only able to watch half and they have a hard sell. Megan is definitely a marketing person. Then as I only watched for 30 minutes I kept getting emails saying I was missing out on a great opportunity.

I think the adopted children would feel a real pressure to become Mormon just to fit in with the family. Her natural children are literally trying to get her attention the younger boys but she brushes them off.
Charlotte
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Charlotte »

Oh plus they are deleting negative comments.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Someone in the comments of the most recent video said they bet they'll be back home in the US by next Summer, seeing how poorly they're reacting to a different culture and way of life... I'm willing to bet it will be much sooner than that.
dfjhazy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by dfjhazy »

Charlotte wrote:The part that I can't get over is that the house where they are staying is using their YouTube content and helping them with things. Imagine how they are going to feel when they see the latest vlog. They basically talk about the village like it is the back of beyond. They have not prepared themselves at all for this trip.

With regard to their oils I considered using them as I'm a chronic insomniac so I signed up for their web seminar. Well I was only able to watch half and they have a hard sell. Megan is definitely a marketing person. Then as I only watched for 30 minutes I kept getting emails saying I was missing out on a great opportunity.

I think the adopted children would feel a real pressure to become Mormon just to fit in with the family. Her natural children are literally trying to get her attention the younger boys but she brushes them off.
I agree with all of this! Interesting but not surprising to hear she is in full marketing mode with the oils. They have to support this lifestyle somehow. I still wonder how the kids actually feel about all this traveling. They can't keep friendships moving around so much. I think this is Megan's dream to live this way, not sure Mike loves the nomadic lifestyle. I always notice her younger biological kids clamoring for attention and she gives them barely any acknowledgement, it's very sad.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Charlotte wrote:The part that I can't get over is that the house where they are staying is using their YouTube content and helping them with things. Imagine how they are going to feel when they see the latest vlog. They basically talk about the village like it is the back of beyond. They have not prepared themselves at all for this trip.

Dont let Megan keep you away from esstential oils, they are definitely worth looking into! You can look at other brands to that aren't MLM.
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

now that they're back in english-speaking-country they're happy again, I'm honestly not surprised... they go to a teeny tiny village in the middle of France and are surprised that nobody speaks english there...
lurkerthatposts
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurkerthatposts »

I actually really like this family as compared to other family vlogs. Guess their lives are a lot more interesting to me due to all the travelling.
In regards to the comment about the Chinese kids unschooling: I think, iirc, the kids all had a choice in whether they wanted to unschool or do an online school programme that's more rigid (like the one the younger kids do)... I am however crazy suspicious of the whole essential oils thing, do they not use doctors/hospitals at all? I find that hard to believe with the adoptions and special needs kid?
lurkerthatposts
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurkerthatposts »

Additional question: Is there anyway to fix the spelling in this topic? The surname is Knorpp, not Knorrp
lbarklow7_3

Unread post by lbarklow7_3 »

They go to doctors. Meg was treated by one in Ireland for a UTI. They have talked about the kids visiting doctors on old vlogs.
PoorLoam
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PoorLoam »

Looks like they are coming back to the US. I don’t know how they managed to travel for so long with so many kids. Hopefully they’ll get to be regular kids and actually go to school and live in one place for an extended period of time.
millercoop
Talker
Talker

Unread post by millercoop »

PoorLoam wrote:Looks like they are coming back to the US. I don’t know how they managed to travel for so long with so many kids. Hopefully they’ll get to be regular kids and actually go to school and live in one place for an extended period of time.
Where did you see/hear they are coming back? I haven’t seen anything stating that and in their latest vlog they listed some more places they’ll be traveling to in the coming weeks/months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PoorLoam
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PoorLoam »

The son announced it in a livestream. Apparently there will be a video on the main channel on Monday.

https://youtu.be/Kr9U81pgQmg

Return to “I-P”