Phil and Alex | Part 1

amandine
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex

Unread post by amandine »

i didn't mean to sound so abrasive, apologies. i have never heard of this absurd 4 person max rule, although i am not american. a lot of families make due with much less space and even more people..
marsala
Talker
Talker

Unread post by marsala »

I like Alex but Phil is so annoying. And I'm still not convinced he isn't gay. I'm less than two minutes into their "are these pregnancy symptoms?" vlog and he's already bothering me.
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

amandine wrote:i didn't mean to sound so abrasive, apologies. i have never heard of this absurd 4 person max rule, although i am not american. a lot of families make due with much less space and even more people..
Many families do you are right. I think the point people have been driving at is that if they can afford to spend thousands of dollars on IVF their priorities are a bit off if they feel that’s number one on their list over first moving to a bigger place. Most people who spend thousands of dollars to bring a child into the world do so when they are in a much better space financially and at the very least have a stable income unlike that of YouTube and false charities. With all the money that has been spent on IVF they could have most definitely afforded a bigger place had even some of it gone towards moving.
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

marsala wrote:I like Alex but Phil is so annoying. And I'm still not convinced he isn't gay. I'm less than two minutes into their "are these pregnancy symptoms?" vlog and he's already bothering me.
I definitely think Phil could be gay. Not only does he act very feminine but the whole “God loving pastor” thing comes into play. Before anyone is offended I want to make it very clear that I am in no way implying that all pastors or people who are religious are closeted gays, however I personally do know of a few people who have used religion as a scapegoat to hide their sexuality and held positions of authority in Church which is sad because I think all people should be true to themselves.
hey_jupiter
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by hey_jupiter »

Yep. They didn’t join an agency and wait months for a potential placement. They were approached and offered adoption placements. Not to mention many people deal with a failed adoption or two throughout the usuallylong process. That is incredibly rare and it happened to them TWICE. Instead of preaching about this miracle of IVF preach about that. Even in the adoption community they don’t seem to address how blessed they were in terms of both of their adoption situations. I’m also incredibly anxious to find out her beta results.
I totally are with you. While I dont think its weird that a couple with two adopted childen are doing IFV, its the way they are going about it. In a obsessive, unhealthy manner. Alex may have had a growth? right? And 2 failed IVF, not to mention it will be 3 IVF all back to back. I think the clinic she goes to should have put a stop to everything and get to the bottom of Alex's issues. I mean why rush? Make it count. They do IVF like it's nothing. Its a BIG deal, and super expensive. Subs giving them money for IVF, they should pace themselves. And do it with gratitude for God sakes. Ugh. They are so dependent on their subs for money. And the God awful hinting at things they want. Not cool.

And you made a great point about how they should be preaching about how they beat the odds in the adoption department. But, again, they have lost sight of whats really important. Sad.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Mommy359 »

When it comes to the IVF I think Alex should get better medical testing especially if this round doesn’t work. I also think they need a larger home for more kids and a larger car. Sure the place is currently fine, but toddlers and babies grow up. They haven’t said what plans they have to move or what plans they have to upsize the car. Alex hints at wanting a van and hoping someone buys them a home. Even if it’s all a joke it’s a poor joke with no plans for the future. They share everything on YouTube so why not what the plans are for the future.
maggielin
Talker
Talker

Unread post by maggielin »

I'm sorry but I call bull...HOW would ANYONE know what Callie's birth mom is FEELING? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard on here other than that one loon claiming to KNOW BOTH BIRTH MOMS.

1. Callie's birth mom LIKELY knew about their infertility.
2. They probably talked about the possibility of Phil and Alex having bio kids. I'm in social work...this conversation is protocol.
3. As much as I dislike Phil and Alex, those girls look well cared for. Well dressed. Well fed. Well rested. Those girls are cared for. Planned for and loved (At least by Phil)
4. Yes, they've been preoccupied but guess what? If that test is negative today they'll have no choice BUT to appreciate and love the two they had.

I'm sure the birth moms stand by their decisions. Callie's birth mom made a visit a few weeks ago, she knew they'd do another cycle of IVF. Grow up.
maggielin
Talker
Talker

Also, I'd like everyone with multiple children to post pictures of their homes and cars for comparison. Anyone with less than two rooms and a car older than 2011 should get their kids taken away for good.

See how ridiculous that sounds? I get bashing them on their mutual stupidity and the phony character. ...but their car and house? Really ladies?
maggielin
Talker
Talker

maggielin wrote:Also, I'd like everyone with multiple children to post pictures of their homes and cars for comparison. Anyone with less than two rooms and a car older than 2011 should get their kids taken away for good.

See how ridiculous that sounds? I get bashing them on their mutual stupidity and the phony character. ...but their car and house? Really ladies?
I mean drug addicts have kids. In terms of material things I'd place my kid with Phil and Alex before I'd place them with a drug addict. So what if they have to share a room. A newborn baby will most likely sleep with the parents at least until they're 6 months, hell my kid didn't stop sleeping in my room until 10 months. On top of a 9 month pregnancy. 6months+9months. They've got a year or so, maybe more, to figure out their living situation.

"Their house isn't big enough" is a lame excuse. Hell, maybe they'll move into a 3 bedroom apt in their complex if thats available. Housing can be altered. That trivial stuff
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Mommy359 »

I don’t believe anyone is “bashing” about their car and home. It’s an observation. It’s a very small home and the car they show can hardly hold 2 car seats. When I say it did seem as though Callie’s birthmom took it hard was because of the adoption video they (P+A) uploaded. They went to I believe Costco (to buy chocolate for the nurses) and said this adoption was so much different than kinsleys. I don’t believe they saw Callie as much as they did with Kinsley the birthmom mom wanted time with Callie etc.
hey_jupiter
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by hey_jupiter »

maggielin wrote:I'm sorry but I call bull...HOW would ANYONE know what Callie's birth mom is FEELING? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard on here other than that one loon claiming to KNOW BOTH BIRTH MOMS.

1. Callie's birth mom LIKELY knew about their infertility.
2. They probably talked about the possibility of Phil and Alex having bio kids. I'm in social work...this conversation is protocol.
3. As much as I dislike Phil and Alex, those girls look well cared for. Well dressed. Well fed. Well rested. Those girls are cared for. Planned for and loved (At least by Phil)
4. Yes, they've been preoccupied but guess what? If that test is negative today they'll have no choice BUT to appreciate and love the two they had.

I'm sure the birth moms stand by their decisions. Callie's birth mom made a visit a few weeks ago, she knew they'd do another cycle of IVF. Grow up.

Well lucky this is a place to share MY Opinions. I stated as such. Its my opinion. And please tell where I claim to KNOW the Birthmoms. This is a place for discussion. No need to be so fucking rude.
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

maggielin wrote:Also, I'd like everyone with multiple children to post pictures of their homes and cars for comparison. Anyone with less than two rooms and a car older than 2011 should get their kids taken away for good.

Ok,. I don’t think ANYONE here is implying that their girls aren’t well cared for or should be taken away. Nor do I think anyone is saying they aren’t good parents because they live in an apartment or drive an older sedan. People are saying that it’s not the most responsible decision to move forward with spending thousands on more kids given their current
Situation. Is it not frowned upon in social work for two parents to both not have stable full time employment? Also I agree with you that it’s not appropriate to speculate how birth mom is/was feeling about her decision. I’m sure she’s confident with it and I certainly don’t think even if she were having certain feelings in regards to their IVF choices that would mean she regretted placing Callie with them .
maggielin
Talker
Talker

olivialinnea101 wrote:

Ok,. I don’t think ANYONE here is implying that their girls aren’t well cared for or should be taken away. Nor do I think anyone is saying they aren’t good parents because they live in an apartment or drive an older sedan. People are saying that it’s not the most responsible decision to move forward with spending thousands on more kids given their current
Situation. Is it not frowned upon in social work for two parents to both not have stable full time employment? Also I agree with you that it’s not appropriate to speculate how birth mom is/was feeling about her decision. I’m sure she’s confident with it and I certainly don’t think even if she were having certain feelings in regards to their IVF choices that would mean she regretted placing Callie with them .
Ive spent majority of my professional life in dentistry and I just finished my degree for social work a year ago. it's pretty fresh:

It's not about the career, it's about the money. When checking on these families we're not looking for "who has the best career" we're looking at the financial stability of the grownups in the house. YouTube could be listed as a home business especially if they invest in it (cameras ..etc) if it makes enough stationary revenue, it's considered a income. That being said, while Alex works and Phil does charity stuff, between their following and merch its safe to say that they're making some form of income form YouTube. Not a lot but obviously enough to be a 2 income household. If they're making money 2 in a child safe way, we count it as income.
sweetener
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sweetener »

amandine wrote:
ashlynxo wrote:So, their pregnancy test is in about an hour. I hope for the best, but I think it was irresponsible for them to get pregnant without a bigger place to live.
honestly i don't know why this is repeated so much thru the thread. are you guys serious? how high is your horse? acting like they live in a shed.. their place is totally fine for two toddlers and a freaking newborn.
I didn't mean for it to come across as if I was on a high horse or whatever, but I find it odd that someone is planning to get pregnant while living in a small apartment. Granted, they can look and move during her pregnancy, but that's a very stressful, arduous event to go through in general, but I imagine it's a bit more difficult while pregnant and having to deal with two toddlers.
Itsmyopinionn83
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Itsmyopinionn83 »

olivialinnea101 wrote:
amandine wrote:i didn't mean to sound so abrasive, apologies. i have never heard of this absurd 4 person max rule, although i am not american. a lot of families make due with much less space and even more people..
Many families do you are right. I think the point people have been driving at is that if they can afford to spend thousands of dollars on IVF their priorities are a bit off if they feel that’s number one on their list over first moving to a bigger place. Most people who spend thousands of dollars to bring a child into the world do so when they are in a much better space financially and at the very least have a stable income unlike that of YouTube and false charities. With all the money that has been spent on IVF they could have most definitely afforded a bigger place had even some of it gone towards moving.

A to the men! Perfectly said.

I wish them well but if you need charity to pay for transfers when only one person works and thats not even full time and you want to multipy your love- get a J-O-B.
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Phil and Alex

Unread post by Pineapples »

maggielin wrote:

I mean drug addicts have kids. In terms of material things I'd place my kid with Phil and Alex before I'd place them with a drug addict. So what if they have to share a room. A newborn baby will most likely sleep with the parents at least until they're 6 months, hell my kid didn't stop sleeping in my room until 10 months. On top of a 9 month pregnancy. 6months+9months. They've got a year or so, maybe more, to figure out their living situation.

"Their house isn't big enough" is a lame excuse. Hell, maybe they'll move into a 3 bedroom apt in their complex if thats available. Housing can be altered. That trivial stuff

You invested WAYYY too much time In to that reply for a snark site. We will continue to snark no matter what you say. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

I’m confused. I thought they posted on Instagram like a week ago that they were pregnant?

marsala
Talker
Talker

Unread post by marsala »

I'm pretty sure they live in a condo and that they own it. I don't think it's a leased apartment. Either way, they have time to move. I think their place is fine for now, even for adding a third. Small kids and especially tiny babies don't need much tbh. More space will be needed as the kids get older. I do agree they obviously need a car with a third row, though, if they're going to have a third. If Alex is pregnant, they should start car shopping, but I'd wait until she's in her second trimester if I were them.
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:I’m confused. I thought they posted on Instagram like a week ago that they were pregnant?

Huh? They posted a photo a while back saying pupo “pregnant until proven otherwise” but it doesn’t mean she is oficially pregnant
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

olivialinnea101 wrote:
sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:I’m confused. I thought they posted on Instagram like a week ago that they were pregnant?

Huh? They posted a photo a while back saying pupo “pregnant until proven otherwise” but it doesn’t mean she is oficially pregnant
Oh ok. I just read “we’re pregnant. Pupo” and I had no idea what pupo meant haha.

Return to “Phil and Alex”