Phil and Alex | Part 1

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex

Unread post by Caisflame »

maggielin wrote:Aw. How did I miss the pictures of the birth moms. Darn it. Im so curious.
It was pictures of a young couple who likely aren't Kinsley's birth parents. Don't worry, you didn't miss much.
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

I’m anxious to find our the results of this round of IVF, who thinks this will be it ? I don’t want to be negative Nancy but I really don’t get the vibe she’s going to get pregnant. Also what did everyone think of her recent sit down night before the transfer video? Phil just seems faker and more obnoxious to me as I see him more.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

olivialinnea101 wrote:I’m anxious to find our the results of this round of IVF, who thinks this will be it ? I don’t want to be negative Nancy but I really don’t get the vibe she’s going to get pregnant. Also what did everyone think of her recent sit down night before the transfer video? Phil just seems faker and more obnoxious to me as I see him more.
To be honest I haven't watched this transfer at all. I know it's kind of harsh but from a occasional watcher's perspective, we've already seen this twice....it's boring and I'm totally not interested in watching her sing through shots and sit around on bedrest again. Plus I couldn't take anymore of Phil's positive preacher spin on everything. But I'm not feeling super hopeful about it either. Who knows, maybe the heparin will finally do the trick. Even then though...I could see her getting a positive and then miscarrying again early on. I really do hope it works, I think these two will really go off their rockers if they have to burn through 6 embryos with no baby at the end.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by eab424 »

Tiger27 wrote:
olivialinnea101 wrote:I’m anxious to find our the results of this round of IVF, who thinks this will be it ? I don’t want to be negative Nancy but I really don’t get the vibe she’s going to get pregnant. Also what did everyone think of her recent sit down night before the transfer video? Phil just seems faker and more obnoxious to me as I see him more.
To be honest I haven't watched this transfer at all. I know it's kind of harsh but from a occasional watcher's perspective, we've already seen this twice....it's boring and I'm totally not interested in watching her sing through shots and sit around on bedrest again. Plus I couldn't take anymore of Phil's positive preacher spin on everything. But I'm not feeling super hopeful about it either. Who knows, maybe the heparin will finally do the trick. Even then though...I could see her getting a positive and then miscarrying again early on. I really do hope it works, I think these two will really go off their rockers if they have to burn through 6 embryos with no baby at the end.
Her threshold for pain must be very very low. The heprin shot for me wasn't that bad. I didn't need to sing through it. Slight burn but I didn't need to hold it for 10 minutes and act like a big baby. I haven't seen a yt vlogger yet with less than 200k subs that doesn't do their act to appear pathetic so people will send them money and gifts.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Mommy359 »

I was also wondering if I was the only one that couldn’t stand her singing through all the shots. I think it’s obnoxious!
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Mommy359 wrote:Good! You did call it right out of the gate. It truly blows my mind that someone would come on here and lie. I saw her in another chat and she said she also has adopted (that chat is about someone who’s adopted etc.)

I believe it was a dumb teen who has some issues and plays on social media in a type of "playing house" I've seen it happen a few times. Back when parents magazine had a forum on their site I was one of the mods.

She had stories of being a ultrasound tech and spoke about it as if she had been one currently. Then a few days later on a different thread she was saying she was a real estate agent.

I doubt she adopted. If she had why would she have done what she did? Honestly I don't know anyone who would post someone's photos who has tried to remain private. Of all people you'd think an "adoptive mom" would understand and respect that. Anyone would. I hope she gets the help she obviously needs. Which chat was she on?

And no you're not alone. I agree the singing was annoying.
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

I couldn’t believe in today’s vlog Phil said “ are you ready to follow us on the most exciting journey of our lives” .
Maybe I’m being overly analytical but it seems like a direct and disregarding slap in the face to adoption and their 2 girls. So the BEST journey of your lives will be pregnancy and having a bio child? Surely they didn’t intend it this way but these are things that will deeply hurt their girls if and when they see this and can comprehend it. How about saying “follow our exciting journey” instead of emphasizing that it’s the MOST exciting thing ever. Phil also mentioned the potential pregnancy resulting in a boy, like you do realize there’s a 50% chance if this embryo does grow into a viable pregnancy it may be a girl.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

That’s so nuts. She was in the Myka Stauffer chat. I went back to see her comments and I wasn’t able to locate them, but I think that chat is pretty active.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

olivialinnea101 wrote:I couldn’t believe in today’s vlog Phil said “ are you ready to follow us on the most exciting journey of our lives” .
Maybe I’m being overly analytical but it seems like a direct and disregarding slap in the face to adoption and their 2 girls. So the BEST journey of your lives will be pregnancy and having a bio child? Surely they didn’t intend it this way but these are things that will deeply hurt their girls if and when they see this and can comprehend it. How about saying “follow our exciting journey” instead of emphasizing that it’s the MOST exciting thing ever. Phil also mentioned the potential pregnancy resulting in a boy, like you do realize there’s a 50% chance if this embryo does grow into a viable pregnancy it may be a girl.
That's how they've been. That video wasn't the first time they've had that attitude. It's so back and forth. And the latest video was hard to watch Phil with his dramatic personality was over the top.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Mommy359 wrote:That’s so nuts. She was in the Myka Stauffer chat. I went back to see her comments and I wasn’t able to locate them, but I think that chat is pretty active.
I think all her comments (that weren't quoted) got deleted and she might have been banned? Idk how that all works but she was clearly nuts, as proven on multiple threads, so I'm happy to see her gone for the time being.
maggielin
Talker
Talker

Unread post by maggielin »

olivialinnea101 wrote:I couldn’t believe in today’s vlog Phil said “ are you ready to follow us on the most exciting journey of our lives” .
the current most exciting JOURNEYS(plural) up to this point, shouldve been Kinsley and Callie. I dont guys, that rubbed me the wrong way as well. It felt like a slap in the face and those aren't even my kids. ...it like.... Stung. I can't imagine my kids looking back at that
hey_jupiter
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by hey_jupiter »

maggielin wrote:olivialinnea101 wrote:
I couldn’t believe in today’s vlog Phil said “ are you ready to follow us on the most exciting journey of our lives” .

This has been weighing on me for a couple months. So I know Callies Birthmom had a very hard time placing her or adoption. And I can not help but think she has regret, especially in light of Phil and Alex's journey though IVF that has become the focal point of the channel. It seems so dismissive to me to disregard the fact that they have adopted 2 little girls because they wanted a family. I feel as though that in it self is not good enough anymore.

I really feel for Alex. I can not imagine wanting a baby and not being able to. It must be really painful . I empathize with her, I really do, but I feel like P&A should have exhausted all options before diving into adoption. Just my opinion.

I used to love their channel, but Phil and Alex have been so off putting lately. IDK.

My heart hurts for Callies Birthmom, becasue she was just so hesitant about it from the beginning, and it seems Phil and Alex have lost sight of what really matters. Those two beautiful little girls that she so desperately wanted, dont seem important to them anymore.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

I agree. It did seem hard on Callie’s mom. I remember Alex being upset about it and saying how different Callie’s adoption was then kinsleys etc. They have seemed to lose sight on the most important thing ever..: THOSE GIRLS! The IVF process has become exhausting to watch... at least for me. I truly hope Alex becomes pregnant but I hope it doesn’t change the way the girls are being treated.. I only hope they treat them better.
missmsg
Informer
Informer

Unread post by missmsg »

Does anyone else feel like Alex treats the girls differently? She’s way more into Callie than Kinsley. It bugs me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

missmsg wrote:Does anyone else feel like Alex treats the girls differently? She’s way more into Callie than Kinsley. It bugs me.

It's interesting that you mention that. I'm not caught up on the recent videos at all, so maybe things have changed, but I always felt like both Phil and Alex favored Kinsley, basically starting around the time the doctor cleared them to stop using the brace for Callie's hip dysplasia. At the time, I still liked them more or less. But now I feel like they're really hungry for YT success and to see their charity explode, so they are filming what they think people want to see and what might endear them to their viewers. Kinsley has been a great communicator, potty trained easily, etc - whereas Callie's milestones came a bit later due to the HD. But that was just my perception. It was never anything on the level of E+J. I could imagine Alex feeling a deeper connection to a bio baby, and I agree that the tone of their various monologues about getting pregnant could really sting if the girls hear that later on... Which they will, because the internet is forever.

I've said this before, but I would be furious if I were one of their birth moms. Placing a child with a pastor and a NICU nurse is a very, very different situation from their actual circumstances now, which as far as we know are entirely voluntary.

I also don't think they are adequately grateful for what they have. I don't mean to be controversial, but I'm not talking about gratitude to God. I mean, how many couples in the IF circles get to adopt not 1, but 2, beautiful girls from birth, before they themselves even turn 30. How many get to quit their jobs (I know Alex does a shift occasionally) and have the internet basically crowdfund their lifestyle and multiple embryo transfers? It's never "good luck" to struggle with IF, but these two have certainly found an advantage, tugging at people's heartstrings to get gifts and donations.
sweetener
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sweetener »

So, their pregnancy test is in about an hour. I hope for the best, but I think it was irresponsible for them to get pregnant without a bigger place to live.
Itsmyopinionn83
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Itsmyopinionn83 »

Can you imagine Alex pregnant? She will literally act like the first person who has ever been pregnant.
hey_jupiter
Wallflower
Wallflower

I've said this before, but I would be furious if I were one of their birth moms. Placing a child with a pastor and a NICU nurse is a very, very different situation from their actual circumstances now, which as far as we know are entirely voluntary.

I also don't think they are adequately grateful for what they have. I don't mean to be controversial, but I'm not talking about gratitude to God. I mean, how many couples in the IF circles get to adopt not 1, but 2, beautiful girls from birth, before they themselves even turn 30. How many get to quit their jobs (I know Alex does a shift occasionally) and have the internet basically crowdfund their lifestyle and multiple embryo transfers? It's never "good luck" to struggle with IF, but these two have certainly found an advantage, tugging at people's heartstrings to get gifts and donations

Thank you for saying this. That is what I am saying. If I am not mistaken, weren't both adoptions super easy for them? As in literally the babies were handed to them. I mentioned in my post above that I feel like Callie's Birthmom might be really upset at the situation right now. As you said, when she placed Callie, Alex was a NICU nurse and Phil was a successful pastor. And things have shifted dramatically. The reason I focus on Callies BM more is that she had a really hard time placing Callie. It s like deep down she didn't want to. I would be furious if I was Callies Birthmom at the situation right now. They are living off YT and people's bleeding hearts.

P&A are very fortunate than most IF couples that I have watched. They are coming off as very ungrateful.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

So if their pregnancy test is today when will they post?

hey_jupiter
Wallflower
Wallflower

On twitter Alex said they won't know the results until late tonight. They will probably post in the morning.

Return to “Phil and Alex”