Ohana Adventure

bugbuddyhater2046
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ohana Adventure

Unread post by bugbuddyhater2046 »

I watched these guys a while ago because I thought they were fun and cool or whatever but I am so sick of them. For those who don't know they are a Mormon family from Hawaii but now in Utah with 6 kids. They used to do more traditional vlogs and were always happy and fun and doing cool things. Now their vlogs are tons of clickbait, playing tag in public places (and laughing about it/being rude when they get caught i.e. the library) post videos of their kids vomiting, bleeding, sick etc. They literally only post videos of their kids sliding down their stairs into random objects, which not only looks dangerous some of the time but also boring, since they have posted about 20 of those videos in the past few months. They have a couple hundred thousand subscribers, but their videos are ridiculously planned and seem quite fake. They used to seem pretty genuine before they started exploiting kids injuries, and doing random things to gain views. What really irked me was in their latest vlog, the two youngest girls went and cut their hair, and the older girls helped them (usually they seem pretty responsible) and then when the parents got home they just laughed about it and the mom watched them as they continued to cut their hair. It was so unbelievably planned, yet they keep trying to make their kids look like bad kids or whatever... ugh. I find them annoyingly fake.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Ohana Adventure

Unread post by Caisflame »

They very abruptly went from a typical vlogging family to a kid targeted channel. Their life revolves around doing wacky things for the vlog. I know a lot of vloggers over time realize that the money and views are in videos for kids, however I've never seen people change as fast and drastically as they did. And yeah, I could definitely do without all the bodily fluids. They're just dying to show us someone's vomit or blood.
bugbuddyhater2046
Amateur
Amateur

Caisflame wrote:They very abruptly went from a typical vlogging family to a kid targeted channel. Their life revolves around doing wacky things for the vlog. I know a lot of vloggers over time realize that the money and views are in videos for kids, however I've never seen people change as fast and drastically as they did. And yeah, I could definitely do without all the bodily fluids. They're just dying to show us someone's vomit or blood.
Its one thing to state you are a kids channel or whatever but it was like one day they were vloggers and the next just doing crazy things
kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

The thing I hate the most is when they script what they're kids are saying and the kids make it sound so fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ohveeohxoh
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ohveeohxoh »

They seemed like a normal family at first but it literally seems like day and night when looking at the difference in their videos now and a couple months ago. Everything is clickbait..vomit , blood, "bad kids". Unsubbed and I won't be watching anytime soon.
bugbuddyhater2046
Amateur
Amateur

kgiff77 wrote:The thing I hate the most is when they script what they're kids are saying and the kids make it sound so fake.

Ugh Ikr lol like it was fine with the really little one for a while and then they all seem so scripted I was like :/ this is really stupid
bugbuddyhater2046
Amateur
Amateur

ohveeohxoh wrote:They seemed like a normal family at first but it literally seems like day and night when looking at the difference in their videos now and a couple months ago. Everything is clickbait..vomit , blood, "bad kids". Unsubbed and I won't be watching anytime soon.
yeah I unsubbed otoo
pennyajdg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pennyajdg »

I just stumbled across one of their videos today that's getting a lot of heat, I don't even think their punishment was that harsh, but no way should they have posted this poor child on the internet like that so ridiculous, and her friends from school watch it! Nope they are insane, the levels parents go to no a days to exploit their kids for money is sickening.
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

pennyajdg wrote:I just stumbled across one of their videos today that's getting a lot of heat, I don't even think their punishment was that harsh, but no way should they have posted this poor child on the internet like that so ridiculous, and her friends from school watch it! Nope they are insane, the levels parents go to no a days to exploit their kids for money is sickening.
I know, I feel so bad for that kid. I don't think the punishments alone are that harsh, but I do think it's a bit much to give her all those punishments because of one little thing. And then the parents are equating what she did (using a phone to text her friends) to going out and doing drugs, having sex, etc?? The poor girl was sitting there crying and saying that she's a terrible person because of this. Sure, she should have some sort of consequences, but they have their children convinced that they are terrible people if they make the slightest mistake. AND they filmed the conversation and uploaded it to youtube. It's awful.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

So was their house actually broken into or what? Lot's of comments are saying they're clearly acting, others are saying it's a prank, and others saying it's real. I don't want to watch the video because I don't like them.
Bernie_anna
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bernie_anna »

Did anyone see the parody music video they put out ? It's the definition of cringe-y

bryrose521
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bryrose521 »

Bernie_anna wrote:Did anyone see the parody music video they put out ? It's the definition of cringe-y

It's actually (somewhat) entertaining considering the mom and dad produced it and wrote the lyrics (I can't stand the parents). It's not like one of the parodies that seem like they're trying too hard and is annoying.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Any word if they demonetized?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

onbreak wrote:Any word if they demonetized?

They commented on the Philip DeFranco Shows video from I think Tuesday (maybe yesterday I don’t know) that all their videos were demonetized.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Ah, wow, this is hitting a lot of people. Not too surprised that it happened to them. Sooo many videos exploiting their children while they're sick or injured. The youngest has been showed in only underwear a good amount of times too.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

kgiff77 wrote:

They commented on the Philip DeFranco Shows video from I think Tuesday (maybe yesterday I don’t know) that all their videos were demonetized.
I tried to find that comment & couldn't.. But I went time social blade.. Yikes. They have a lot going on

kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

onbreak wrote:
kgiff77 wrote:

I tried to find that comment & couldn't.. But I went time social blade.. Yikes. They have a lot going on

Darn! I knew I should have screenshotted it

ohveeohxoh
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ohveeohxoh »

I knew they would be on the demonetized list.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

They definitely deserved it. Don't feel bad for them one bit and I hope they don't get their channel back like Bonnie. Bonnie was borderline with this stuff but they were deep into it.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Mommy359 »

I stumbled across their video of the lady crying. I’ve heard of them, but don’t know a thing about them. Was their channel taken down or frozen and if so, does anyone know why? Thanks for filling me in.

Return to “I-P”