Living Rosa | Part 2

deusexwarchina
Talker
Talker

Re: Living Rosa | Part 2

Unread post by deusexwarchina »

HeyKatie wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:02 pm Yes I love that both of them speak clearly and don’t baby talk even the twins! Almost every other family vloggers I watch are constantly baby talking. The only time I baby talked to my niece was when she couldn’t talk lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Mandi kinda baby talks to the twins. Maybe not full blown, but the pitch she talks to them at makes me skip over all her interactions with them.
PigeonOfLondon
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by PigeonOfLondon »

deusexwarchina wrote:
HeyKatie wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:02 pm Yes I love that both of them speak clearly and don’t baby talk even the twins! Almost every other family vloggers I watch are constantly baby talking. The only time I baby talked to my niece was when she couldn’t talk lol.

I think Mandi kinda baby talks to the twins. Maybe not full blown, but the pitch she talks to them at makes me skip over all her interactions with them.
Gma is the worst for it. She comes across as an absolutely lovely and wholesome woman and granny, but when she used to be in the vlogs more, I had to skip her parts because it just grated on my nerves so much Image

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

Compared to other family bloggers I watch who still speak with their kids who are 5+ years old extremely whiny and babying.

deusexwarchina
Talker
Talker

PigeonOfLondon wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:24 am
deusexwarchina wrote:

Gma is the worst for it. She comes across as an absolutely lovely and wholesome woman and granny, but when she used to be in the vlogs more, I had to skip her parts because it just grated on my nerves so much Image

Same. Especially because mine is the exact same way with the baby talk. Although Gma seems like a much better person in general than mine.
Dallas_Snob
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Dallas_Snob »

PigeonOfLondon wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:36 pm
CaliCanada28 wrote:
ArielLipstick wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:03 am I just wonder how much say Mandi has in this. Of course there is nothing wrong with all the kids having the same bio mom, I wonder if Mandi actually wants one of the kids to be from her egg. They're trying for child number FOUR, so it would not be unreasonable for her to want that. She is the one that has to go through the pregnancy after all, and IUI is much easier and cheaper than IVF. Also weird that Tara has apparently no interest in seeing what a mini-Mandi would look like.

Tara is just so controlling, and I wonder if Mandi is actually getting a say.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
I agree with everything you said. I mean, I just hope that the agreement they reached in how they wanted to make their children was a fair decision with both sides being 100% sure without any resentment. IUI is a much easier and cheaper way like you said as Rose and Rosie just discussed this same topic in their recent video about why they aren’t doing IVF, but then again they both want to be pregnant. As long as Mandi is completely fine with never having bio kids of her own then that’s great, but its hard to not have doubts that there isn’t the smallest part in her that isn’t curious to know what having bio kids of her own would look like or to have a desire to have one herself. If you watch one of their earlier videos where she addresses questions about the same topic she says how she doesn’t care how her children are made and she considers them HER kids whether they are bio related or not which of course good for her...but you can’t help but wonder how much her opinion isn’t influenced by Tara’s. One thing she said in that video that I was like ”huh?” was when she said she didn’t want her kids to tell each other they weren’t really their brother/sister if they had different moms...but yet she has no problem with them potentially saying that to her one day? I dunno.
I feel like the situation would have to be very messed up for one of her kids to go up to her and say she isn't actually their mother. I expect it's not something she's anticipating or will ever (hopefully) happen.

Oh. It will probably happen in their teen years.

Our family is a similar structure to M&Ts. Our daughter is 13 and our twin boys are 10. I carried our daughter and my wife carried our twins and we did RIVF for both pregnancies. Our daughter has definitely has said this to me in her rage of preteen emotions and it hurt me but then your around other kids the same age and they’re all basically ruthless and figure out exactly what to say to hurt their parents the most and say it.
CaliCanada28
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CaliCanada28 »

Dallas_Snob wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:09 am
PigeonOfLondon wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:36 pm
CaliCanada28 wrote: I agree with everything you said. I mean, I just hope that the agreement they reached in how they wanted to make their children was a fair decision with both sides being 100% sure without any resentment. IUI is a much easier and cheaper way like you said as Rose and Rosie just discussed this same topic in their recent video about why they aren’t doing IVF, but then again they both want to be pregnant. As long as Mandi is completely fine with never having bio kids of her own then that’s great, but its hard to not have doubts that there isn’t the smallest part in her that isn’t curious to know what having bio kids of her own would look like or to have a desire to have one herself. If you watch one of their earlier videos where she addresses questions about the same topic she says how she doesn’t care how her children are made and she considers them HER kids whether they are bio related or not which of course good for her...but you can’t help but wonder how much her opinion isn’t influenced by Tara’s. One thing she said in that video that I was like ”huh?” was when she said she didn’t want her kids to tell each other they weren’t really their brother/sister if they had different moms...but yet she has no problem with them potentially saying that to her one day? I dunno.
I feel like the situation would have to be very messed up for one of her kids to go up to her and say she isn't actually their mother. I expect it's not something she's anticipating or will ever (hopefully) happen.

Oh. It will probably happen in their teen years.

Our family is a similar structure to M&Ts. Our daughter is 13 and our twin boys are 10. I carried our daughter and my wife carried our twins and we did RIVF for both pregnancies. Our daughter has definitely has said this to me in her rage of preteen emotions and it hurt me but then your around other kids the same age and they’re all basically ruthless and figure out exactly what to say to hurt their parents the most and say it.
Aw man, I’m sorry that happened. That had to be pretty tough to hear :( Kids that age are definitely ruthless. I feel like if that were to ever happen to Mandi by one of the girls she would be devastated. Especially since she’s already such a very sensitive person. I can see her taking it pretty hard. I honestly hope that never happens. She is their mother 100% and genetics doesn’t change that one bit.
deusexwarchina
Talker
Talker

alexmorgan wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:51 am Are they using Tara’s eggs again?
I feel kinda bad for Mandi. I don’t think being biologically related matters, but the whole procedure AND pregnancy isn’t easy. Using her eggs would make it a bit easier (for both of them). And if I was Tara I would definitely also want to see my partners mini me.
Their reasoning behind RIVF was so they could 'both be involved in process of conceiving a child'. They explained it in 'Why we chose to try reciprocal IVF'. I had to re-watch it because I couldn't remember which video they explained it, nor their exact wording. It seems like Tara was the one to really push for it because she read something about non-biological moms/parents having a disconnect from the kid because they're non biological. While I understand her concerns, I think it's a bit of a stretch to ask your partner to go through all that so you can bond with your kid. I'm not trying to call Tara a narc by any means, I only know her by what I've seen in vlogs, but people adopt and have step kids and bond with them just fine all the time. And since Tara would be the one to stay home with the kids while Mandi worked, it'd give her even more opportunity to kind of 'boost' their relationship. I guess Mandi didn't really care as long as she could get pregnant :? , but wanted to try RIVF first. Everyone's entitled to have kids the way they choose, I'm all for reproductive freedom, but...ehh.

IDK. Looking back now, I feel a lot more weird about it than I used to, having noticed a lot more about Tara after spending some time here/watching the vlogs more often. Especially now that they've had kids- Maeve is adorable (even though I can't stand the new haircut they gave her- hello, 1940/1950's!), and while Lennon and Everett are cute enough, they look like Tara when she was a kid. I feel like Mandi would have very cute babies. But I guess we'll never know.
CaliCanada28
Amateur
Amateur

I wonder what the goal that was too juicy to tell was for their New Years resolution 😄
Cupoftea99
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Cupoftea99 »

It's really scary to me, how the following seem to apply to their relationship dynamics:

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-emp ... ?r=US&IR=T

Anyone agree?

It's just not possible to see their relationship any other way after reading that :0
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Cupoftea99 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:45 pm It's really scary to me, how the following seem to apply to their relationship dynamics:

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-emp ... ?r=US&IR=T

Anyone agree?

It's just not possible to see their relationship any other way after reading that :0
What does it say? It won't let me read it without disabling my ad blocker.
CaliCanada28
Amateur
Amateur

I wonder If Mandi keeps in contact with her brother often. She barely talks about him anymore and he never comes to the kids birthday parties like he use to. I think the last one was when the twins turned one.
deusexwarchina
Talker
Talker

Okay, maybe I'm being oversensitive, but Mandi calling Lennon 'manipulator' in the latest vlog really irked me. They called her manipulative in an older vlog (when Lennon was about two and a half or so), and it just rubs me the wrong way to hear parents use such a strong word on a kid so young. I mean, kids practice what is preached, amirite?
deusexwarchina
Talker
Talker

Okay, maybe I'm being oversensitive, but Mandi calling Lennon 'manipulator' in the latest vlog really doesn't sit well with me. They called her manipulative in an older vlog (when Lennon was about two and a half or so), and it just rubs me the wrong way to hear parents use such a strong word on a kid so young. I mean, kids practice what is preached, amirite?
pineapples64
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pineapples64 »

With all the RIVF stuff and Mandi not being related, it's kind of a comfort for me that Mandi found out that if she were trying for bio kids, she would have fertility problems. I feel less bad for her now. They said in one vid that the doctor said that if Mandi had been in a hetero relationship, she still would have been visiting a fertility doctor for help. I mean i guess it's not impossible to have her bio kids but it'd be hard. She may have ended up using donor eggs if she was in a hetero relationship anyways! I thought it was so nice how she said "this is how our family is meant to be made". Really gives a sense of closure for me and I hope for her too.
SouthernBella
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by SouthernBella »

I absolutely cannot watch this vlog anymore because Tara is a straight up narcissist and seems like a total bitch... I think their vlogs are terribly boring, too. Probably why they can't seem to grow their channel.
PigeonOfLondon
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PigeonOfLondon »

SouthernBella wrote:I absolutely cannot watch this vlog anymore because Tara is a straight up narcissist and seems like a total bitch... I think their vlogs are terribly boring, too. Probably why they can't seem to grow their channel.
I can't stand when she snaps at Mandi. Not outright snapping but the way she replies to Mandi when she says something sometimes. I'd feel so shit if I were with someone like her. She seems like a great mother and a caring wife but honestly her personality (as it comes across in the vlogs) would put me off even being friends with her.

CaliCanada28
Amateur
Amateur

PigeonOfLondon wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:19 am
SouthernBella wrote:I absolutely cannot watch this vlog anymore because Tara is a straight up narcissist and seems like a total bitch... I think their vlogs are terribly boring, too. Probably why they can't seem to grow their channel.
I can't stand when she snaps at Mandi. Not outright snapping but the way she replies to Mandi when she says something sometimes. I'd feel so shit if I were with someone like her. She seems like a great mother and a caring wife but honestly her personality (as it comes across in the vlogs) would put me off even being friends with her.

Well according to Tara in their vlog about New Years resolutions, we think she’s the mean one but it’s not true because Mandi’s the impatient one lol. I mean, we don’t really know how they are off camera and who knows maybe Mandi’s just as snappy but at least she can keep it professional on camera.
Cupoftea99
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Cupoftea99 »

SouthernBella wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:29 am I absolutely cannot watch this vlog anymore because Tara is a straight up narcissist and seems like a total bitch... I think their vlogs are terribly boring, too. Probably why they can't seem to grow their channel.
I second this! I feel so bad for Mandi. Nobody should be treated like that, especially not by your own wife. it's honestly very hard to watch.
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

Mandi’s pregnant. I really really hope this time around she’ll have a smooth labour.

pineapples64
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pineapples64 »

surprised that they told the world so soon. i guess they wanted to since they talked about what led up to it and it would just be weird to randomly drop the subject for a while. isn't the tradition that you wait until 3 months, though?

Return to “I-P”