ivyandrachel

lurking10
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ivyandrachel

Unread post by lurking10 »

That's true @mumma41 I have seen lots of youtubers posting about their babies too.

@actuallydear I don't think anything you or I said was harsh. Just making an observation!
lurking10
Informer
Informer

She has now taken everything out of her Insta bio...
lurking10
Informer
Informer

Oh and disabled comments on her YouTube.
Mumma41
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mumma41 »

Who knows whats going on i really hope shes not going to disapear again because alot of people look up to her as a role model. Shes a 'real' aussie mum compared to some of the other aussie youtubers who act so fake.
lurking10
Informer
Informer

Yeah she is but she clearly isn't cut out for YouTube (in the nicest way possible). I don't understand what she's doing
Mumma41
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mumma41 »

People are asking if shes ok but shes not replying :(
lurking10
Informer
Informer

I'm glad people are starting to catch on. I flicked thru her Insta the other day and no one said anything but now she'll probably get more pissed people are asking questions
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

She'll delete if people are probing. Damn people with their concern!
lurking10
Informer
Informer

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016081 ... 1d73ae.png[/img]

I just went on her Insta and this was posted 6 seconds ago Image I feel like a stalker but I guess she has been reading here again!

She really shouldn't be Image
Mumma41
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mumma41 »

I was getting nervous that she would vanish again. Hopefully she sticks around and starts to post more now :)
lurking10
Informer
Informer

She said she is uploading the birth story so maybe that might shed some light on what's been happening...
luna_xo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by luna_xo »

I'm really worried about her! After I saw she had a c-section in Lucy's birth announcement I was worried she might be prone to post natal depression. I watched her birth video this morning of her chatting about the experience and it reminded me of my hospital stay (I had my baby at the same hospital). Most of the midwives there weren't nice at all and left me to fend for myself and they were crazy about visiting hours even with the dads. I discharged myself early too
I hope she feels better soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by kingoflove21vher »

Hearing her describe it I don't knock her for having some post natal trauma and depression. The way she describes it they never really told her she was having a csection until it was over and done with and her husband (in the way she saw/felt/portrayed him even if it wasn't an intentional reality) was not as supportive as he could have been in a scary situation like that. Also I can totally understand being pissed off about the midwife waking the baby after 1+ hours of trying to get Lucy to sleep while being sleep deprived. I would gone against policy too and checked myself out.

I feel bad for her that she's putting too much importance into the csection, but when you're in your own thoughts with a mental issue you cannot see the reality. It really sucks that she believes enough to vocalize that she feels because of the csection she didn't actually give birth, and blaming herself for being weak and getting an epidural and thinking that led to the caesarean? She needs to give herself more credit, she had two very successful natural births, and that is more than many women can ask for. And her caesarean birth still resulted in a healthy full term baby. She needs to not place so much blame in her own inadequacy because the light she portrays her husband and midwife in (though skewed) does not make them sound as supportive or understanding as they could have been to make her feel more secure in her position.

I really hope she doesn't push the weight loss too far too quickly, she just had a surgery, is under some mental anguish and taking care if three children which is all a recipe for getting burnt out quickly. I mean even though some of you are saying she isn't cut out for YT maybe she just needs to take a temporary break to be her best self and process everything correctly without the added stress of appeasing her social media following as well. I've always liked Rachel and thought she was a nice YTer, but if taking some time off of videos for her and her families sake is more beneficial in the long run then she should do it.

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
lurking10
Informer
Informer

Her birth story was quite sad. It's 100% the reason I would love to be a midwife tho.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

i didn't get the vibe of john not supporting her more than he did... what was he supposed to do? i'm sure a lot of people (including myself) would have been overcome with worry in those moments.

props to her for being honest, but by doing so she may make other c-section and/or epidural mama's feel bad in the way she has described her experiences as 'wimping out'. i hope that people feel strong enough in themselves and experiences not to take offence.

i just really hope she's going to be ok, especially once john goes back to work/goes away for work. she's still early days in her recovery and and things can still change dramatically with her well being and also lucy's. fingers crossed lucy is a relatively easy baby, because if she happens to be colicky or anything... welp. :/

i know their families are closer now than when they were in the country, so i just hope that if she needs any support they are able to be there for her/them. i'm of the opinion rachel has a lot of pride and even if her plate is very full, she comes across like she feels the need to continually prove she can handle it all. this is just from watching her videos from over the years, so there very well may be a lot of things we don't see or hear about such as... she may have a full circle of friends for her and the girls but it just seems like it's just her and the girls for a lot of the time, and exercise is the one thing that she does for herself... or getting a babysitter for a couple of hours for her and john to go off and have some adult time. maybe that's why she is putting so much pressure on herself to lose the weight, to prove to herself that she can do it.
lurking10
Informer
Informer

That's very true. I kind of winced at the "I feel like I didn't give birth" and like she was implying she got the easy way out.

I can see where she was coming from because she did have two natural births that didn't go over their due dates where as this one she had the heart trouble and she was over 41 weeks and still had to be induced and then the emergency c section but I think this is why you shouldn't have expectations and just take each pregnancy and birth as it comes.

The weird part was when she said "there was so many males in the room" wouldn't those makes be doctors, nurses, anaesthesiologists etc. not like it would be random men these males are looking after your health and making sure your baby gets into this side of the world safely.

I do feel for her tho and hope she takes it easy and doesn't pressure herself too much.
luna_xo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by luna_xo »

I don't know, I can see where she is coming from
She had two natural births, feeling every contraction and being told to push by midwives etc compared to having a chat with some random guy and then you hear your baby crying, when you didn't even know you were being operated on
It'd be weird

lurking10
Informer
Informer

I wish she posted a bit more regularly. Her subs like her content when she does but she goes months without vids and then does a disappearing act
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lurking10 wrote:I wish she posted a bit more regularly. Her subs like her content when she does but she goes months without vids and then does a disappearing act
She seems to upload a lot of footage to her IG story, even daily. If that works for her, more power to her but she's not making any money from it.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She seems really happy in cairns now and I noticed she mentioned where they're living now and where they living before they moved from QLD. Something has changed in her, in a good way.

Return to “I-P”