Samika Part 3

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Part 3

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

I like them, but their videos seem odd lately. Maybe they are doing more on IG, but they seem to post only twice a month on YT now. I really wonder how they are making any money.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

rosie_dalia wrote:I like them, but their videos seem odd lately. Maybe they are doing more on IG, but they seem to post only twice a month on YT now. I really wonder how they are making any money.
It's been speculated that Sam has a job. They do a lot of Instagram ads for big brands like McDonald's and Best Buy and Walmart. Apparently, those can pay very well. And he has been on Twitch for a while. And he has his Yeezy sneakers sideline, lol. I wouldn't know which sneakers to buy. He's good at picking out the ones that will be worth money later. They paid for a WDW vacation with sneaker sales.
Sam is savvy. They are going to be ok, with or without YouTube. They're one of the few families I feel safe

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Did anyone catch in the vlog where Jenn gets her hair lightened, Noah says “mama nobody from church is going to like you” Poor Jenn, I bet she’s constantly stressed about fitting in with all the other “perfect” Mormon church moms. Why else would Noah say something like that if he hasn’t heard Jenn say something like that in front of him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

rdt1004 wrote:Did anyone catch in the vlog where Jenn gets her hair lightened, Noah says “mama nobody from church is going to like you” Poor Jenn, I bet she’s constantly stressed about fitting in with all the other “perfect” Mormon church moms. Why else would Noah say something like that if he hasn’t heard Jenn say something like that in front of him?

That's so sad. She's so sweet and she certainly is pretty. But the pressure for perfection is real. Utah has high plastic surgery and addiction rates. I know Jenn doesn't live in Utah, but there's still pressure.

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

lmmomSD wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:Did anyone catch in the vlog where Jenn gets her hair lightened, Noah says “mama nobody from church is going to like you” Poor Jenn, I bet she’s constantly stressed about fitting in with all the other “perfect” Mormon church moms. Why else would Noah say something like that if he hasn’t heard Jenn say something like that in front of him?

That's so sad. She's so sweet and she certainly is pretty. But the pressure for perfection is real. Utah has high plastic surgery and addiction rates. I know Jenn doesn't live in Utah, but there's still pressure.

I do wonder if Jenn is an outsider in the church group. She’s always been really involved with young women’s etc but I wonder if she has made many real friends outside Monica. Seems, especially when you see the Griffiths and Butlers, that a lot of the Mormon moms are super into their looks and not doing too much manual labor. Like you said, lots of plastic surgery going around. Jenn is a lot more laid back, hardly wears makeup or fusses with her hair. She seems to like exercising and being outdoors and trying to be healthy. Maybe that added to the reasons for them to move out of Utah.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I caught it when Noah said that. It’s super sad. Jenn seems like the sweetest person. How can you not like her? I thought her hair looked nice. I think she should go shorter and maybe style it differently. Neither Jenn or Sam seem to have made friends within the community. They participate in church related functions and things, but they don’t seem to interact with anyone from the community outside of church. Maybe they just don’t show it or talk about it? I hope that’s what’s going on.

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Today was an example of why I like them. They were 100% honest about getting that package from Dick's. Almost ALL YTers hide the fact they get so many freebies like that sent to them. And that package was probably worth about $1500.

I can't even imagine how much free stuff the Butlers and the Griffiths get!
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

https://youtu.be/oiJJDK5q_I8
I’m not sure if that embedded correctly, but I just watched this video from an ex Mormon and it reminded me a lot of Jenn and not being able to fit exactly into that perfect Mormon mommy blogger image. I know Sam’s family is sort of progressive Mormons, but listening to this video still makes me feel sad for PJ or her female cousins growing up and being told the most important job they could ever have is to be a mother and a wife.

Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

Did they quit YouTube?

Sent from my LM-X120 using Tapatalk

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Toodles123 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:44 am Did they quit YouTube?

Sent from my LM-X120 using Tapatalk
I came here to ask the same thing.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Waking up this sleepy thread to say I am loving Sam and Jenn’s quarantine dance tik toks they’ve been posting on Twitter. It reminds me of how they’re literally just millennials like I am, just a couple years older, LDS, and have 3 kids lol. I miss their vlogs, but I like that they still kinda keep in touch through social media. Their tik toks are a nice fun distraction from the current chaos.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Also I love Jenn’s new hair and I feel like she’s gotten slimmer and seems very confident! Good for her!

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I agree. Jenn looks good. I’ve been enjoying the tik toks too.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Sam has been posted a lot about Black Lives Matter and having conversations about race with the kids, which is awesome, but I really want to send this video to him, highlighting all the racist statements from church leaders and in the Book of Mormon.

https://youtu.be/LTzo_7HbaV0

I don’t want to seem like a troll or like I’m attacking him and his religion though, but I feel like if you truly believe racism is abhorrent then there’s no way you could watch this video and try to spin or defend the church in anyway. You’d be forced to acknowledge that the LDS church was founded by racists, is still run by racists, and continue to teach racist ideology.
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

Did they even say if they quit YouTube or even give an explanation why they don't post anymore?

Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

They posted a video a few days ago. Looks like they're coming back to youtube. No vlogging everyday, but maybe just a few uploads a week. I'm excited, I missed seeing them and look forward to seeing where they take their channel.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

rdt1004 wrote:They posted a video a few days ago. Looks like they're coming back to youtube. No vlogging everyday, but maybe just a few uploads a week. I'm excited, I missed seeing them and look forward to seeing where they take their channel.
They’re always so down to earth and I hope they talk about what they’ve been doing for income while taking a break. Clearly they don’t need to be specific but I’m interested to know what type of work they’ve been up to. Sam obviously seems to know a little about a lot and seems fairly savvy.

I also think it’ll be interesting to see how they tackle schooling this year with AZ having such high numbers still and their kids being ones that seem to crave socialization and activity.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Hmmmm. Did they take all that time off of YT because Jenn had a mommy makeover?? It's common for Mormon moms to get some work done and she no longer has the "mom bod" she's had for years. Maybe she's been working out, but it also looks a bit like a tummy tuck, lipo, etc. Would totally explain why they were gone so long.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I doubt that. 1. I don’t think they could reasonably afford that. Yeah they’ve been making good money for doing ads for big companies on Instagram and a little on TikTok, but not enough for cosmetic surgery. 2. Jenn has always been very laidback, low maintenance when it comes to appearance so I don’t see her as someone who would get a tummy tuck (not knocking anyone who does tho). In their “we’re back” video Sam mentions maybe posting some fitness content from Jenn. I’d be into it. Looks like she’s just been putting that free Nordic track treadmill they got a few years ago to good use.

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

rdt1004 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:30 pm I doubt that. 1. I don’t think they could reasonably afford that. Yeah they’ve been making good money for doing ads for big companies on Instagram and a little on TikTok, but not enough for cosmetic surgery. 2. Jenn has always been very laidback, low maintenance when it comes to appearance so I don’t see her as someone who would get a tummy tuck (not knocking anyone who does tho). In their “we’re back” video Sam mentions maybe posting some fitness content from Jenn. I’d be into it. Looks like she’s just been putting that free Nordic track treadmill they got a few years ago to good use.
A lot of people didn't believe Colette Butler would get her boobs done and other augmentations...but she did. I think it's common in the Mormon community to get a surgical "mommy makeover" after kids. Nothing wrong with it! I also think Kayli Butler has had a tummy tuck.

Return to “Q-Z”