Steps to Wander

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

It's usually hospital policy, but in urban areas like NYC you must have a car sear for a newborn when leaving the hospital only if you are leaving in a private car. There is no such requirement if you are getting a cab. Obviously whether it's policy or not, they'll want and need an infant car seat for safety reasons when using taxi services. But the hospital probably won't prevent you from leaving in a for-hire vehicle without a car seat, but they will recommend that you use one. It depends on the hospital.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Wow, maybe it's just California. You can't leave without one here. Don't want to start a big "where I live..." comparison, so I will say I was wrong!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
CallieT
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by CallieT »

Corbin was talking at the beginning of the vlog how he just watched a ton of birth vlogs and then he proceeded to use the song from Brooks' birth vlog (from Cullen and Katie) throughout his vlog. Coincidence? Hmm...
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Not to get into that whole "where i live" thing either, but I know some hospitals will give you a car seat if you don't have one.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

On a completely unrelated note, I thought the layout of their apartment had potential, but they're filling it with so much stuff that ignores the flow and scale. The oversized couch with the chaise is smack dab in the middle of the layout, creating a smaller living room and cutting off the kitchen space. One wall is taken up completely by an upright piano. It already looks messy and cluttered.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

TODAY'S VLOG IS A SPONCERED VIDEO

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Strawberry26 wrote:TODAY'S VLOG IS A SPONCERED VIDEO

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
They must be under contract to make a certain number of videos for LG - possibly even one a week! They're not even making the product look good. That video footage is the same quality as an other cellphone that has video capacity. They don't showcase any unique features it has. They don't even go anywhere interesting in Portland, just tourist attractions. They are being paid by this company to do cool things and have an infinite amount of time to do them, and they go to a food truck, Powell's, and the aerial tram, all while filming on a (sub)standard video feature and putting little effort into editing.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I'm surprised today's sponsored video was OK'd by the company. The quality of the phone video was complete crap!! That definitely didn't make me want to buy that phone. I don't like it when vloggers get sent a phone and act like they actually use it and say "our new phone"...please. :roll: :roll: They both have iPhones.

Also, they filmed all of this back when they had the car. You can tell because they didn't complain about having to take public transportation all over town (and you can see the car window frame in some of the shots). ;)
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

A day out in Portland and they only went to three places (They must have left the house after 12pm)? A grainy vlog/commercial filmed during a shower at less than four minutes? They advertise a product that they don't even use but said they only advertise products that they like?

Yesterday's video was as bad. They put crib on the title and thunbnail but they talked about it less than they talked about the ice cream. If you are waiting for the nusery nook reveal to show it, don't talk about it now to clickbait.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

melonyogloo wrote:Yesterday's video was as bad. They put crib on the title and thunbnail but they talked about it less than they talked about the ice cream. If you are waiting for the nusery nook reveal to show it, don't talk about it now to clickbait.
The vlogs are boring because they aren't doing anything. Why move to PDX and rent an expensive apartment if you aren't going to leave the 3-block radius of your apartment? Even the ice cream place is two blocks from their place. They could have moved anywhere and done the same amount of nothing they are doing now.

Did anyone watch back when they lived in PDX before the van trip? Did they have any friends back then? It's so strange they moved to a city where they have no friends or family and a baby on the way. No support system, no car, tiny apartment, money issues, etc. They are going to be STRESSED! At least M&B have her parents around.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I just can't think of any other major family vlogger that uploads a not even four minute sponsored commercial in lieu of a daily vlog. Everyone else seems to include sponsored content within the context of a full daily vlog?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Didn't B&M get them the Portland mobile? They just keep saying "my friend" all though the vlog and on IG posts... Why are they not saying who it came from? Weird!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

What in the world did Corbin let that barber do to his hair? It looks vaguely 90s with that long hair in the back, and not in a good way.

Since they read here, I feel like voicing my sincere recommendation that Corbin update his grooming situation if he's going to be filming himself every day. The unfortunate chin beard that looks vaguely Amish is trying to compensate for the receding hairline that's being masked with jheri curls, when really I think he would look SO much better if he shaved and just embrassed the hair loss by going with a short hairstyle. Not trying to snark on male patterned baldness or an inability to grow a full beard, but these are his realities and a good barber needs to help him come to terms with both.
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

I think he is trying to copy the Simon's hairdo, the guy who they met up with while they were in Ottawa.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Another day of nothing.

Corbin's hair is embarrassingly awful - was it a mohawk and a mullet??

Someone definitely set them up with an Amazon Prime account!! I was surprised they've never done online shopping before, that's all I use. Of course, using Amazon is the complete opposite of the "shop local" movement Portland hipsters support.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They think Amazon is so quintessential "city living." Meanwhile people living in rural, suburban, and urban areas have been utilizing online shopping for years.

I don't know how long they actually lived together in Portland the last go round. Kelsey seemed to be living somewhere else for a period of time shortly after they got their previous apartment while she finished her degree. I just find it funny that they're going to raise a child in the city without a car with no real experience living in a city. They're trying so hard to cultivate this image as urban parents and Portlanders. But they can't even use public transportation without grumbling.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

How does Kelsey not know how to do something basic like laundry? She had to Google it?? She obviously washed that frilly fuchsia dress with a lot of lighter clothes/items. I mean...seriously? She's starting to seem extremely stupid and acts like she's a helpless 17-year-old and not grown woman who is 27.

As for freezing meals.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: They don't even cook now. Corbin's job will be going to get take-out or ordering pizza once that baby arrives.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

ewokfan11 wrote:How does Kelsey not know how to do something basic like laundry? She had to Google it?? She obviously washed that frilly fuchsia dress with a lot of lighter clothes/items. I mean...seriously? She's starting to seem extremely stupid and acts like she's a helpless 17-year-old and not grown woman who is 27.

As for freezing meals.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: They don't even cook now. Corbin's job will be going to get take-out or ordering pizza once that baby arrives.
Thanks for clearing that up, I was really confused what exactly happened to the laundry. She doesn't know you shouldn't wash pink things with light colored items? Also, the whining and pouting that followed made me want to throttle her. Girl, you're about to be a mother, grow up. Sheesh.
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

ewokfan11 wrote:How does Kelsey not know how to do something basic like laundry? She had to Google it?? She obviously washed that frilly fuchsia dress with a lot of lighter clothes/items. I mean...seriously? She's starting to seem extremely stupid and acts like she's a helpless 17-year-old and not grown woman who is 27.

There are reasons why people don't buy baby clothes at Carter's Outlet. It is just another sympathy-begging episode. Their fans are going to send them more clothes because of that.
I thought the whole reason to live where they are is because of the restaurants. I agree that they are not going to cook and their fridge is too small to fit all those frozen meals anyway. All they wanted is to generate more comments to increase their channel's ratings.

I think they should watch their own vlog from the past (at least the first minute of it).

Their current vlogs are heading the same direction as their last go-around.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

melonyogloo wrote:It is just another sympathy-begging episode. Their fans are going to send them more clothes because of that.
I'm starting to think they are doing these stupid things on purpose in an attempt to get more attention and views (and gifts in the PO Box). That awful haircut couldn't have been on purpose, right?! Ruining the baby clothes on purpose means MORE sympathy gifts, right?! If they need post-baby meals, then Blue Apron (or another delivery meal company) will probably give them a multi-month sponsorship, right?! They complain about having no car, so maybe Uber or Lyft will sponsor them, right?!

Corbin does seem a bit manipulative, so I'd believe this is all for their own personal $$$ gain.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”