Schmovies

hking224
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Schmovies

Unread post by hking224 »

I couldn't find a thread about them so I decided to create one. Does anyone else watch them? They live in my area so that's what made me start watching them originally.

Tim and Dana have been married for 10 years and have 6 kids. They have 4 girls (Hannah, Halle, Charis, & Chloe) and 2 boys (Zeke & Toby). They homeschool their kids and are in the process of buying their first home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Schmovies

Unread post by liz749 »

Just saw your DB post lol...I've been watching for a while and for the most part I really like them! I started watching after their gender reveal at vidcon or whatever convention that was. I assumed they'd be a bigger channel when I went over to check them out after that. I think they're a sweet family doing the best they can. I really appreciated Dana doing a video on BLM- no matter what anyone's views are on that, I think it was pretty commendable of her to address it with a healthy, informative conversation. Definitely not something you see out a lot of youtubers. I am really excited for them to get into the new house. Nitpicky but there house bothers me a lot right now-it seems very crammed and cluttered...it bothers me when I watch (that's just me though). A couple other nitpicky things- Zeke needs some speech therapy! His way of speaking drives me nuts and it is totally encouraged by the dad who speaks in the weird baby voice when talking to the kids where he doesn't pronounce words correctly. I am really hoping they got a house with at least 4 bedrooms so that there can be a girls room, boys room, and baby twin room. I think it is Crazy to want to try and stuff 4 girls into one room when there is a possibility to have more. It might not be a huge deal now (but apparently it's not going so great because the girls are sleeping in the basement) but that is too many people once they're older and bigger! Lastly (and totally not trying to start a homeschool debate) but what they're doing homeschool wise doesn't really vibe with my beliefs. They took a major amount of time off when the twins were born and all I could think is that if they were in a typical school, they wouldn't be missing out on all that vital learning time...it doesn't seem like they've been catching up over the summer or anything. I feel like Hannah is being held back by being lumped in with Zeke and doing similar work. She seems like a very smart girl. To be honest I don't know a ton about homeschooling but it seemed odd that they just found a list of standards online and spent a day or two working in each one from computer print outs and checking it off. I'm glad they said they are going with an actual curriculum for the coming year. Again not hating on homeschool but some aspects of their methods just seem kind of off to me. And I also don't fully grasp their family team thing, they say it a ton and some of their reasoning comes off like they are using it to keep their family a little to close. Like homeschooling just so you can all be at home more together to work on being a team. Again, that's just not for me. I'd rather my kids spend some time growing as people outside the family also...but these are just my preferences. Oh and one more thing, one time Tim jokingly said something about how people in the comments think Toby is autistic and he said nope he just doesn't talk a lot. The thought has definitely crossed my mind though, I am always wondering how old he is because he sure doesn't say much of anything and kind of seems like the forgotten member of the family. Maybe we just don't see a ton of footage of him because he doesn't do much. I know I just listed a ton of negatives but overall I really don't have much else negative to say about them- not that this is all negative stuff- more just differing opinions and observations I've had for like a year now since starting to watch them. Overall I enjoy watching them. I think Hallee is beyond adorable and the twins are fun to watch too...I wish we got more footage of them. Also, do you know more about what Tim (that is his name right?, it's escaping me right now lol) does job wise? I still haven't been able to quite grasp it- some sort of home business with YouTube and marketing? There channel is growing but very slowly and is still very small and they've been in this a LONG time! I keep think that if Tim is this big behind the scenes YouTube guy that they're channel would have more views due to better promotion. Idk much about that though, just some random thoughts I've had. Sorry for the novel though! I feel like I've had all these thoughts about them running through my head for forever and was trying to get everything out in one post!!

hking224
Amateur
Amateur

liz749 wrote:Just saw your DB post lol...I've been watching for a while and for the most part I really like them! I started watching after their gender reveal at vidcon or whatever convention that was. I assumed they'd be a bigger channel when I went over to check them out after that. I think they're a sweet family doing the best they can. I really appreciated Dana doing a video on BLM- no matter what anyone's views are on that, I think it was pretty commendable of her to address it with a healthy, informative conversation. Definitely not something you see out a lot of youtubers. I am really excited for them to get into the new house. Nitpicky but there house bothers me a lot right now-it seems very crammed and cluttered...it bothers me when I watch (that's just me though). A couple other nitpicky things- Zeke needs some speech therapy! His way of speaking drives me nuts and it is totally encouraged by the dad who speaks in the weird baby voice when talking to the kids where he doesn't pronounce words correctly. I am really hoping they got a house with at least 4 bedrooms so that there can be a girls room, boys room, and baby twin room. I think it is Crazy to want to try and stuff 4 girls into one room when there is a possibility to have more. It might not be a huge deal now (but apparently it's not going so great because the girls are sleeping in the basement) but that is too many people once they're older and bigger! Lastly (and totally not trying to start a homeschool debate) but what they're doing homeschool wise doesn't really vibe with my beliefs. They took a major amount of time off when the twins were born and all I could think is that if they were in a typical school, they wouldn't be missing out on all that vital learning time...it doesn't seem like they've been catching up over the summer or anything. I feel like Hannah is being held back by being lumped in with Zeke and doing similar work. She seems like a very smart girl. To be honest I don't know a ton about homeschooling but it seemed odd that they just found a list of standards online and spent a day or two working in each one from computer print outs and checking it off. I'm glad they said they are going with an actual curriculum for the coming year. Again not hating on homeschool but some aspects of their methods just seem kind of off to me. And I also don't fully grasp their family team thing, they say it a ton and some of their reasoning comes off like they are using it to keep their family a little to close. Like homeschooling just so you can all be at home more together to work on being a team. Again, that's just not for me. I'd rather my kids spend some time growing as people outside the family also...but these are just my preferences. Oh and one more thing, one time Tim jokingly said something about how people in the comments think Toby is autistic and he said nope he just doesn't talk a lot. The thought has definitely crossed my mind though, I am always wondering how old he is because he sure doesn't say much of anything and kind of seems like the forgotten member of the family. Maybe we just don't see a ton of footage of him because he doesn't do much. I know I just listed a ton of negatives but overall I really don't have much else negative to say about them- not that this is all negative stuff- more just differing opinions and observations I've had for like a year now since starting to watch them. Overall I enjoy watching them. I think Hallee is beyond adorable and the twins are fun to watch too...I wish we got more footage of them. Also, do you know more about what Tim (that is his name right?, it's escaping me right now lol) does job wise? I still haven't been able to quite grasp it- some sort of home business with YouTube and marketing? There channel is growing but very slowly and is still very small and they've been in this a LONG time! I keep think that if Tim is this big behind the scenes YouTube guy that they're channel would have more views due to better promotion. Idk much about that though, just some random thoughts I've had. Sorry for the novel though! I feel like I've had all these thoughts about them running through my head for forever and was trying to get everything out in one post!!

Overall I like them too. I think they can be a little strange about some things, like the whole "family team" thing and how they run their homeschooling stuff, but they are a nice family and they really pride themselves in raising their kids well.

I think Halle is adorable too! I think she will be the one who gives them a run for their money when she gets older. I think she will have a rebellious side to her Image I think Hannah will grow up and be exactly like Dana.

I'm really anxious to see the house they bought and which area it is in. With as big of a family as they have, I hope they chose something big enough for their family. Like I said before, they live in my area and I know that where they live now is WAY small for an 8 person family. We shall see!

I really don't understand much about Tim's job outside of the family vlogs. I know he works for "Video Creators" but I really have no idea what that is. Lol.

hking224
Amateur
Amateur

My daughter just started swim lessons a few weeks ago at the same YMCA that they go to and I always wonder if we will see them there. Haha

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I don't mind them, I think what they vlog is real and not staged etc.. a few things do bother me a bit, the way Tim speaks (his lisp and the baby voice) can get on my nerves and how they plan on putting all 4 girls in the same room, I am glad they didn't go ahead and get that previous house (the one with the big drop in the yard with the rock wall) I just didn't think it looked safe and there wasn't much flat land for the kids to play). I think they would need a 5 bedroom house because their live in nanny needs a room.
But overall I like them, the kids seem well behaved and they are all just so darn cute.
hking224
Amateur
Amateur

thenightowl wrote:I don't mind them, I think what they vlog is real and not staged etc.. a few things do bother me a bit, the way Tim speaks (his lisp and the baby voice) can get on my nerves and how they plan on putting all 4 girls in the same room, I am glad they didn't go ahead and get that previous house (the one with the big drop in the yard with the rock wall) I just didn't think it looked safe and there wasn't much flat land for the kids to play). I think they would need a 5 bedroom house because their live in nanny needs a room.
But overall I like them, the kids seem well behaved and they are all just so darn cute.
I feel the same way about Tim's baby voice! And I think you could totally create a drinking game by how many times he refers to Zeke and/or Toby as "little guy" in each vlog Image

hking224
Amateur
Amateur

I thought their date looked fun today. I did think it was weird though that they stopped by the Y to use their showers though when they weren't even there to work out, swim, etc... Lol. Maybe that's just me though.

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

hking224 wrote:
thenightowl wrote:I don't mind them, I think what they vlog is real and not staged etc.. a few things do bother me a bit, the way Tim speaks (his lisp and the baby voice) can get on my nerves and how they plan on putting all 4 girls in the same room, I am glad they didn't go ahead and get that previous house (the one with the big drop in the yard with the rock wall) I just didn't think it looked safe and there wasn't much flat land for the kids to play). I think they would need a 5 bedroom house because their live in nanny needs a room.
I feel the same way about Tim's baby voice! And I think you could totally create a drinking game by how many times he refers to Zeke and/or Toby as "little guy" in each vlog Image

YES! OMG the baby voice and the little guy thing drives me nuts and I am always wondering...I can't be the only one noticing this right?! Zeke speaks an awfully lot like his dad's baby voice. Image

hking224
Amateur
Amateur

I wonder if they'll show us the new house today. Tim said it would be this week. I'm hoping they got at least a 4 bedroom house. You never know what kind of video they are going to post though... One day it's about breast milk, the next day it's about Tim eating candy.

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

hking224 wrote:I wonder if they'll show us the new house today. Tim said it would be this week. I'm hoping they got at least a 4 bedroom house. You never know what kind of video they are going to post though... One day it's about breast milk, the next day it's about Tim eating candy.

I was reading her comments on Instagram and she said she was picking out a color for the 4 girl's room. I'm really hoping there's a spare bed room for two of the girls to move into in the future. Seems ridiculous to me to have 4 children in a bedroom, even if it's a bigger than average room. I was surprised they showed so much about the last house and now nothing about this new one.

hking224
Amateur
Amateur

I'm curious to see how they decorate their new house now that they'll have more space.

Does anyone else think that Zeke comes across as a pretty whiny/pouty kid? He seemed that way today when they were talking about paint colors. I've noticed it several other times, too.

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

hking224 wrote:I'm curious to see how they decorate their new house now that they'll have more space.

Does anyone else think that Zeke comes across as a pretty whiny/pouty kid? He seemed that way today when they were talking about paint colors. I've noticed it several other times, too.

I think he does. Maybe it's his speech impediment that makes him sound extra whiny no matter what he's saying or how happy he is. This sounds mean but he's definitely my least favorite of the kids. Granted they totally could have just caught him at an off moment in today's vlog but I totally see what you're saying. I'd like to see more of Toby because he seems sweet and cute but doesn't make it in to a ton of clips. He doesn't seem to do a whole lot of talking and I'm always trying to remember how old he is--maybe he talks more and we never see it? Also I'm excited to see the new house decorated too, although in expecting them to be pretty blah. I'm hoping this 4 girls room is freaking giant and looking forward to Toby being out of that crib stuffed behind a bunk bed.

hking224
Amateur
Amateur

liz749 wrote:
hking224 wrote:I'm curious to see how they decorate their new house now that they'll have more space.

I think he does. Maybe it's his speech impediment that makes him sound extra whiny no matter what he's saying or how happy he is. This sounds mean but he's definitely my least favorite of the kids. Granted they totally could have just caught him at an off moment in today's vlog but I totally see what you're saying. I'd like to see more of Toby because he seems sweet and cute but doesn't make it in to a ton of clips. He doesn't seem to do a whole lot of talking and I'm always trying to remember how old he is--maybe he talks more and we never see it? Also I'm excited to see the new house decorated too, although in expecting them to be pretty blah. I'm hoping this 4 girls room is freaking giant and looking forward to Toby being out of that crib stuffed behind a bunk bed.

I want to say that Toby is almost 2 but I could be totally wrong. I'm not expecting anything exciting when it comes to decorating the house. I have a feeling that the girls' room is going to be an average sized bedroom and will still be cramped Image I know what you mean about Toby's crib stuffed behind the bunk bed.... I cringe every time I see it. I know he's fine there and everything, but good grief!!! He needs more space than that!

hking224
Amateur
Amateur

That bump on Halle's head looked awful!!!

hking224
Amateur
Amateur

So I was at Target today with my daughter and I saw Dana there, haha! She was by herself with no kids

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

hking224 wrote:So I was at Target today with my daughter and I saw Dana there, haha! She was by herself with no kids Image

Did you say hello?? Not sure what I'd do if I saw a vlogger in public but she definitely seems like the super nice and approachable type.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

liz749 wrote:
hking224 wrote:I wonder if they'll show us the new house today. Tim said it would be this week. I'm hoping they got at least a 4 bedroom house. You never know what kind of video they are going to post though... One day it's about breast milk, the next day it's about Tim eating candy.

I was reading her comments on Instagram and she said she was picking out a color for the 4 girl's room. I'm really hoping there's a spare bed room for two of the girls to move into in the future. Seems ridiculous to me to have 4 children in a bedroom, even if it's a bigger than average room. I was surprised they showed so much about the last house and now nothing about this new one.

If they had 4 bedrooms it would make sense to split kids up with 2 in each room. Babies have such a different sleep schedule.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
hking224
Amateur
Amateur

liz749 wrote:
hking224 wrote:So I was at Target today with my daughter and I saw Dana there, haha! She was by herself with no kids Image

Did you say hello?? Not sure what I'd do if I saw a vlogger in public but she definitely seems like the super nice and approachable type.

No, I didn't. Lol. They haven't really talked much about seeing people in public so I wasn't sure how she would react. If it were Cullen & Katie I would've for sure because they always talk about how they love it when people say hi. My husband saw her at Target about a month ago too so I may run into her again soon, haha!

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

liz749 wrote:

I was surprised they haven't show the new house either...wonder if this is to provide suspense to increase viewers? I still wonder how you support a family this size on a smaller channels but they appear to live frugally.
liz749 wrote:Just saw your DB post lol...I've been watching for a while and for the most part I really like them! I started watching after their gender reveal at vidcon or whatever convention that was. I assumed they'd be a bigger channel when I went over to check them out after that. I think they're a sweet family doing the best they can. I really appreciated Dana doing a video on BLM- no matter what anyone's views are on that, I think it was pretty commendable of her to address it with a healthy, informative conversation. Definitely not something you see out a lot of youtubers. I am really excited for them to get into the new house. Nitpicky but there house bothers me a lot right now-it seems very crammed and cluttered...it bothers me when I watch (that's just me though). A couple other nitpicky things- Zeke needs some speech therapy! His way of speaking drives me nuts and it is totally encouraged by the dad who speaks in the weird baby voice when talking to the kids where he doesn't pronounce words correctly. I am really hoping they got a house with at least 4 bedrooms so that there can be a girls room, boys room, and baby twin room. I think it is Crazy to want to try and stuff 4 girls into one room when there is a possibility to have more. It might not be a huge deal now (but apparently it's not going so great because the girls are sleeping in the basement) but that is too many people once they're older and bigger! Lastly (and totally not trying to start a homeschool debate) but what they're doing homeschool wise doesn't really vibe with my beliefs. They took a major amount of time off when the twins were born and all I could think is that if they were in a typical school, they wouldn't be missing out on all that vital learning time...it doesn't seem like they've been catching up over the summer or anything. I feel like Hannah is being held back by being lumped in with Zeke and doing similar work. She seems like a very smart girl. To be honest I don't know a ton about homeschooling but it seemed odd that they just found a list of standards online and spent a day or two working in each one from computer print outs and checking it off. I'm glad they said they are going with an actual curriculum for the coming year. Again not hating on homeschool but some aspects of their methods just seem kind of off to me. And I also don't fully grasp their family team thing, they say it a ton and some of their reasoning comes off like they are using it to keep their family a little to close. Like homeschooling just so you can all be at home more together to work on being a team. Again, that's just not for me. I'd rather my kids spend some time growing as people outside the family also...but these are just my preferences. Oh and one more thing, one time Tim jokingly said something about how people in the comments think Toby is autistic and he said nope he just doesn't talk a lot. The thought has definitely crossed my mind though, I am always wondering how old he is because he sure doesn't say much of anything and kind of seems like the forgotten member of the family. Maybe we just don't see a ton of footage of him because he doesn't do much. I know I just listed a ton of negatives but overall I really don't have much else negative to say about them- not that this is all negative stuff- more just differing opinions and observations I've had for like a year now since starting to watch them. Overall I enjoy watching them. I think Hallee is beyond adorable and the twins are fun to watch too...I wish we got more footage of them. Also, do you know more about what Tim (that is his name right?, it's escaping me right now lol) does job wise? I still haven't been able to quite grasp it- some sort of home business with YouTube and marketing? There channel is growing but very slowly and is still very small and they've been in this a LONG time! I keep think that if Tim is this big behind the scenes YouTube guy that they're channel would have more views due to better promotion. Idk much about that though, just some random thoughts I've had. Sorry for the novel though! I feel like I've had all these thoughts about them running through my head for forever and was trying to get everything out in one post!!

hking224 wrote:

Overall I like them too. I think they can be a little strange about some things, like the whole "family team" thing and how they run their homeschooling stuff, but they are a nice family and they really pride themselves in raising their kids well.

I think Halle is adorable too! I think she will be the one who gives them a run for their money when she gets older. I think she will have a rebellious side to her Image I think Hannah will grow up and be exactly like Dana.

I'm really anxious to see the house they bought and which area it is in. With as big of a family as they have, I hope they chose something big enough for their family. Like I said before, they live in my area and I know that where they live now is WAY small for an 8 person family. We shall see!

I really don't understand much about Tim's job outside of the family vlogs. I know he works for "Video Creators" but I really have no idea what that is. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
hking224
Amateur
Amateur

They are VERY frugal. I saw her a few different times in Target and we ended up checking out around the same time. I was using the self-checkout and when she walked out the only thing I saw her with was a box of pull-ups. Then here I am, $80 later.... Hahaha!

Return to “Q-Z”