The Lindquists

whiterose90
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Lindquists

Unread post by whiterose90 »

Did anyone watch her "Draw My Life" video yesterday? Thoughts?
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

I watched it. I had no idea she went through all of that. That's really awful. It bothered me that her dad just couldn't be bothered with them throughout those years.
I feel like because her mom had so many issues, she tries to put in this perfect image. Like because her mom was bad she wants to be perfect, no mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Her story was really interesting, and I am glad she shared it, but I wish it had been more personal and less about her mom. She said she had made lots of life choices she wasn't proud of, and I would like to know some of those. It seems like she was really trying to protect her own image and convey a positive message without going into a lot of detail.
whiterose90
Amateur
Amateur

I really felt her pain & it sounds like a very traumatizing childhood. Im glad she broke the cycle & is providing a better life for her own children.
My confusion with the video stems from why it was called Draw My Life when she literally only talked about her story with her mom... Also I felt kind of bad that she failed to mention her sister whatsoever. Its like she didn't exist throughout any of it... Would like to hear more about Elles story though.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

whiterose90 wrote:I really felt her pain & it sounds like a very traumatizing childhood. Im glad she broke the cycle & is providing a better life for her own children.
My confusion with the video stems from why it was called Draw My Life when she literally only talked about her story with her mom... Also I felt kind of bad that she failed to mention her sister whatsoever. Its like she didn't exist throughout any of it... Would like to hear more about Elles story though.
I think she didn't talk about her sister because she didn't want to tell her story. I appreciate that. I wish she talked about herself more too. Like she skirted around whatever she was doing but was very open about both her parents. I think she's still trying to project this perfect image. I'm sure she dabbled in alcohol maybe even drugs as well.

nyblonde_7
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by nyblonde_7 »

she said she was going to go into more of her life stories but in seperate videos... so im thinking they will come in the future.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Holy shit. How many sponsorships can they put out

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

The Google Home sponsorship is incredibly fake. I don't see how it's different from Nest/Alexa/Siri. The "cool features" are not unique. I bet they don't even use it off-camera because it seems more of a pain to use than to just get up and turn the lights off yourself or whatever you need to do.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Wow yet another ad video. This is getting ridiculous. I used to like them, for many reasons, one of them being that they were just a regular family and weren't a giant commercial. Now they've grown which is great but literally every other video has been a commercial. She literally had a sponsor WITHIN another sponsor.

imjusthereforalaugh

Unread post by imjusthereforalaugh »

maybe its just cause im sorta new to their channel but i really like them. They do a lot of sponsorships but doesn't a bunch go to charity? I feel like thats better than some other vloggers that just use their money to buy tons and tons for themselves.
whiterose90
Amateur
Amateur

Really part FIVE of her "story" about her mom??? Seems a little much no?
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Is this the person who got a lot of backlash for getting rid of her dog when it bit her child? I see the thread pop up occasionally and the name looks familiar. Might not be her though.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Caisflame wrote:Is this the person who got a lot of backlash for getting rid of her dog when it bit her child? I see the thread pop up occasionally and the name looks familiar. Might not be her though.
I don't know if she got backlash.
But yes their old dog bit forde. Unprovoked. I would've done the same thing.

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

whiterose90 wrote:Really part FIVE of her "story" about her mom??? Seems a little much no?
I'm kind of enjoying this series myself.
It's interesting to hear the stories about her childhood. I would enjoy more stories about HER rather than her mom though

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
Caisflame wrote:Is this the person who got a lot of backlash for getting rid of her dog when it bit her child? I see the thread pop up occasionally and the name looks familiar. Might not be her though.
I don't know if she got backlash.
But yes their old dog bit forde. Unprovoked. I would've done the same thing.

Still not sure if this is the right person, but the story this person told seemed completely fucked. An irresponsible bimbo of a parent abandoning a dog because she didn't stop her child. But that's all I'll say on the topic since I can't be sure it was this person.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Caisflame wrote: Still not sure if this is the right person, but the story this person told seemed completely fucked. An irresponsible bimbo of a parent abandoning a dog because she didn't stop her child. But that's all I'll say on the topic since I can't be sure it was this person.
She made it sound like she was right there and the dog just bit Forde for no reason. Not sure I believe the story 100% as Forde could have been bugging the dog in some way, but still, a dog biting a child on the face is more than enough reason to re-home it. They said they found another home for him, not just dropped him off at the pound or something. Even though they may be leaving out a few details, it sounds like they did everything right. This is the one situation where you should give a dog away.
Princessyen12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Princessyen12 »

She really is pumping out those sponsored videos. It's minimum once a week yet she claims she hardly does them.
sisee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sisee »

I used to watch Elle Lindquist but as of this Friday I'm done. She is so fake it's unbelievable.

Thursday's video was literally "poor me, I can't afford to upkeep this channel... boo hoo hoo. My life is so hard, and I need people to help me with the channel. So support me on Patreon... and buy my merch OK?!"

Then Friday's video was Elle going to the mall to buy expensive tea and other stuff, showing off everything she bought, and then exploiting her son Forde because he fouled the pool. Just despicable. Incidentally, they live in a huge house in one of the most expensive areas of Canada (Toronto). She shops at Longos (brutally expensive) while Dan shops at cheaper grocery stores (No Frills etc.).

In the video Forde told her to put the incident on her channel, but as a parent shouldn't you know better? It's so obvious from the video thumbnail that she got him to pose like that for clicks. Gross.

As if that isn't bad enough, they keep posting these awful clickbaity 'channel update' videos (even though she made a video denouncing click bait) about how their channel is changing or taking a break.

At this point I really have no idea who keeps watching and supporting this anymore. She immediately deletes any remotely negative comments, so my guess is there are lots of people who've abandoned them but Elle just censors it.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I stopped watching after the unedited video of Forde's interview was accidentally uploaded. Then I decided to give her another chance after watching the mother back story videos. I saw a different side of her and I can't relate to the story but could appreciate how raw she was in telling it all. But this last video about Forde asking where his grandma is!!!!! Ugh no no no! That's a conversation that should be private! He's a child and has little to no comprehension of what really happened but if feels like exploitation to record and upload it. I'm so sad because I really like Forde and this is such a sweet fun smart little boy but I can't with his mom anymore. She's so fame hungry weather she wants to admit it or not is just gross.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
ciara1991
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ciara1991 »

Kaylor1 wrote:I stopped watching after the unedited video of Forde's interview was accidentally uploaded. Then I decided to give her another chance after watching the mother back story videos. I saw a different side of her and I can't relate to the story but could appreciate how raw she was in telling it all. But this last video about Forde asking where his grandma is!!!!! Ugh no no no! That's a conversation that should be private! He's a child and has little to no comprehension of what really happened but if feels like exploitation to record and upload it. I'm so sad because I really like Forde and this is such a sweet fun smart little boy but I can't with his mom anymore. She's so fame hungry weather she wants to admit it or not is just gross.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
What happened there? I obviously missed something along the way.

I haven't watched in ages (too much clickbait and poor me rhetoric). Only unsubscribed a few days ago though after the video about Forde asking about his Grandma... That was just too far!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Return to “Q-Z”