Worried About Nephew's Development

jenboghel01
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Worried About Nephew's Development

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

So, I'm really concerned about the way my boyfriend's nephew is developing. He is turning four next month, he doesn't really count, he can't tell you his name.. when he speaks, it's a lot of gibberish but he copies how sentences flow, so you know he's trying to say something but it makes absolutely no sense. He is still in diapers. I have never seen an actual bedtime routine or anything of the sort. The mom also never would take him or his sister to the park or anything! He disobeys constantly, kind of like he can't hear.. which would also explain why he can't speak well. He also doesn't have the best diet, so he is hyper all the time which results in him making farting noises, hitting, and spitting. Oh, and when he was only 2 or so he had to have all his teeth pulled (he was drinking soda etc) so now they use that as an excuse for why he can't speak. He needs to be checked out, but not even the MIL will say anything! I can't say anything because I'm 21 and I have never had a child! The parents just got kicked out of their apartment, and they ended up buying a used RV to live in, now I'm even more concerned because how will they be able to have any routine at all? I just feel so bad for the kids and how they are going to be when they grow up. He's lower on the scale than Oliver from DB if that gives you an idea...

I have seen three of my nephews grow up and I have common sense.. I am worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Worried About Nephew's Development

Unread post by Yue195 »

Talk to your boyfriend about your concerns with his nephew and how you don't feel like he's not given the best attention. If not call a helpline to speak to someone who can probably give you better information on what to do. I'm afraid if you outreached all your sources, you may have to call CPS if you really fear for this child's wellbeing but that should be a last resort.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.

Return to “Advice and Venting”