My roommate from hell

EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My roommate from hell

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

I'm mostly just trying to vent here, but any advice is welcome of course.

So I moved in with a long time friend out of my parents house for the first time back in March. I knew it was risky moving in with a friend but... Here we are. It began okay, despite me doing more of the cleaning she did clean, do dishes, paid bills etc. We went thru some shit because she found out I slept with her ex (oops) but overall, she didn't really care and it was quickly put behind us.

Beyond that, our main problem resided in her codependent best friend who we will call E. E still lives at home, makes barely above minimum wage, and takes complete advantage of our home. She began to be an issue when she wanted to be here when my roommate was not. I started off by saying yes when she asked. Then she began to not ask.. And to just show up here when my roommate was working when I was hanging out with people, specifically guys. One time I came down and she was on my couch with her bf watching Netflix. So I asked that she just ask me before coming over, and E had a huge issue with that and flipped out on me. She then continued to disregard my request.

Well then maybe a month ago my roommate and I got into a fight. I had just found out that my roommate was doing meth pretty regularly. The night she and I got into a fight, it was escalated because I overheard her outside talking shit about me to my bf. When he came inside and I confronted him he confessed that she was hopped up on meth and was high. The next day, bills were due and she told me she didn't have the money and needed me to lend her $100 for the bills. She grew very angry when I brought up that she'd bought meth the night before with the money she needed for bills.

To make a long story as short as possible, her friend E, who already disliked me, fed into the fight and got herself involved with it by texting me her opinion of me. I was able to reason with my roommate by partnering with her sister and approaching it from a concerned standpoint about the drugs and E's influence on her, which everyone close to her sees. She ended up fighting with E and telling E that she needed to make things right with me before coming back. E refused because apparently I'm THAT awful, and they stopped speaking. A few weeks later, E slowly started inching her way back into my house without anything changing, and I put  stop to it. Too much has been said and done with all of this to let this girl just get away with this behavior. My roommate agreed, and kicked E out and said the same shit she had the first time around. Well now E is coming around again.. I'm concerned it's going to be the same sneaky move as before. Where she's allowed back without doing anything and gets away with being a bitch to me.

But now in addition to that, my roommate is being a bitch to me over EVERYTHING I do. I've carried 95% of the day to day cleaning and 99% of the cooking as long as we've lived here. She's only just recently begun to do dishes more often and help with grocery shopping. So now she suddenly thinks that gives her to right to boss me around. Sending me texts when I'm in the middle of a 16 hour shift for me to pick up milk on my way because it's "on my way" and she's "cozy at home" and doesn't feel like moving. Making purposely snarky remarks about me needing to rinse my dishes out because it "takes two seconds". After she's left a pile of wax from a wax burner she spilled staining for floor for days. And after she continously wrecks the living room and kitchen and not once has cleaned up after herself or her friends. She has a LOT of nerve saying anything to me about ANYTHING. I am beyond done with her right now.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: My roommate from hell

Unread post by blackroses »

I hope your lease expires quickly so you can run for your life.
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

Our lease is month to month. So luckily I am looking currently. The issue is I have pets and unfortunately in my area it's hard to find places that allow pets for a decent price.

Now she's salty because I overheard her prying my boyfriend for information about a fight he and I were having, thru the pet camera she KNOWS I have set up in our kitchen. So her reaction is to KEEP unplugging it my guess whenever she wants to talk shit. Uhm, maybe don't talk shit and people won't accidentally hear you say anything?? Would it be to much to put a note on it telling her if she wants to keep unplugging it she can go ahead and give me money to pay for it? -_-
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

EleanorRigby wrote:Our lease is month to month. So luckily I am looking currently. The issue is I have pets and unfortunately in my area it's hard to find places that allow pets for a decent price.

Now she's salty because I overheard her prying my boyfriend for information about a fight he and I were having, thru the pet camera she KNOWS I have set up in our kitchen. So her reaction is to KEEP unplugging it my guess whenever she wants to talk shit. Uhm, maybe don't talk shit and people won't accidentally hear you say anything?? Would it be to much to put a note on it telling her if she wants to keep unplugging it she can go ahead and give me money to pay for it? -_-
If E is coming back around you know you're probably screwed. Sounds like ou've been an angel up to this point and have put up with far more crap than you deserve. You aren't her mother, and she isn't your rebelling teenager. Find a place that will take you and the fur babes and leave her to sort out her shit alone. She'll probably move E in, and that will be it's own sweet justice :D

Also, any chance she's jealous of your boyfriend?
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

I once had my ex sister in law as a roommate and she was pretty bad but not this bad. I know it's hard finding places when you have fur babies. By chance does the complex have an apartment you can move into? Maybe they have a 1 bedroom that might be doable for you? One thing I'm concerned about is the drug use, what if their high and hurt your fur babies? I'd turn them into the police. I know their friends but meth can kill you not to mention take any trace of attractiveness out of a human.

Drugs have a way of controlling your life and people who are on them tend to steal so keep your belongings safe. Perhaps take whatever is of value to your parents. My brother in law is a dectective, and while he no longer works in that department (theft etc) He has given my oldest step son some great tips when it comes to roommates. I think it's best if you move asap.

Return to “Advice and Venting”