Money Problems

Jessica.Amber
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Money Problems

Unread post by Jessica.Amber »

It is sooo freakin' expensive to live in the area I live! My bf and I finally saved up enough money to move in together, but even with that cushion, most of our money will be going to rent and utilities! For a 625 square foot, 1bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment within 30 miles of my bf's workplace and not including utilities of any kind... the cheapest is $1475! And those are the shit-holes in bad areas! Realistically, we're looking at about $1550-$1675 a month to live in a small, crappy apartment. And that's just the rent! URGH I want to move out of the Bay Area so badly, but I don't really know where we'd go and my bf needs to keep his job so that he can be promoted to bank Manager in early 2014. I just feel like that's RIDICULOUSLY expensive! The cost of living here sucks :?
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Money Problems

Unread post by subject99 »

holy that is expensive!!!
But I feel you on life being expensive :(
I only live in a 2 bedroom and its 917.37! But unfortunately if you want to live in a nice building and no where near the slums you have to pay top dollar.
Breeandbabies
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Breeandbabies »

That's crazy! Our 4 bedroom house we just moved into is roughly 1500 in bills. Rent being 1150 a month, & were Ina good area! But, If we move back to Nevada, our bills will most likely go up to about 1800 a month. At about a 1300 rent. I can believe how expensive it is where you're at !
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

I am fortunate to live in a city that isn't expensive to live in. You can get a nice sized house for 750-1000 a month here.
#FreeBen
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

That is so cheap compared to Australia. You'd be paying that per week here.
VolcomCherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by VolcomCherry »

Depends where in Australia though. I've heard Brisbane and Sydney to be expensive but when I lived in Perth we were paying around the $450 a week mark.
But you're right that's not too bad. We love extremely rural and most one bedroom - two bedroom places are between the 180-250 a week mark.
I'd keep looking. Maybe wait till he's a manager and earning a bit more money?
Heartbreakcoverupxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Heartbreakcoverupxo »

Holy shit that's expensive! We have been looking for a 2 bedroom and we always see around 700+ roughly. I feel for you, I hope you get a nice place for a good price.
I speak the truth, if that makes me a bitch then so be it.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

I'm paying. 917.37 for a 2 bedroom. I'm on the wait list for a 3 bedroom in my building. Which would be 1020ish. If I transfer to the other buildings up in the city I'm moving to I'll be paying 840 for a 3 bedroom. I love this company and my landlords loooove me and I love them. So I know I'll get a 3 bedroom before randoms who never lived in any of the company buildings. The only downside to living up north is the cost of food. Living is cheap but the food is expensive.
Thisisnotmyrealname
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Thisisnotmyrealname »

thegooseiscooked wrote:That is so cheap compared to Australia. You'd be paying that per week here.

Urgh, tell me about it.

Return to “Advice and Venting”