Flakes & "Friends"

MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Flakes & "Friends"

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

So I have this "friend"...although I don't know how much longer I'm going to have her at this rate. She calls herself my "best friend" (I think otherwise, and you'll see why in the post) but she has pissed me off three times in the past week alone.

#1 - We had plans this past Sunday to go shopping. Well, she was supposed to pay for the DJ for my wedding this Saturday, and she comes to me and tells me "oh we have a problem he and I got in an argument and he's charging me extra" (which he's not supposed to do) and she went on and on about how she didn't have the extra $$. I told her to settle it, because she was supposed to be paying him for his services and I didn't have the time nor the mindset to deal with it myself, not to mention my fiance is furloughed thanks to the govt. shutdown so until we get the $300/week in unemployment we're supposed to be getting, we have NO income coming in (thankfully we have family to help us out), so what we had initially in our wedding fund was going to be all we could pay, and I didn't think we could cover it. This "friend" and our DJ are exes but still sort of friends (they're amicable at least) and have argued on and off about anything and everything ever since they split, so they've basically "had words" this entire wedding planning time (the past 6-7 months). On top of this, she was bringing it to my attention when I already had a time from him that he was going to be at the ceremony site to set up (because he's doing the ceremony & reception both) and it was ONE WEEK before the wedding. She kept going on about "oh I don't have the extra money" and all I told her to do was apologize and settle it because I didn't think we had the money. She then cancels the shopping plans we had for the next day...all because of an argument and me telling her to settle it.

#2 - She messaged me on Facebook this past Sunday (when we were supposed to be shopping) and whines and complains about how she can't pay her bills nor the DJ for the wedding because she's "broke." So I called the DJ up and explained the situation and thankfully he was very understanding about this plus the whole furlough situation, and luckily my fiance fixes computers as a side job (the only "real" income we have coming in at the moment) so they agreed to trade services - basically, we're getting a DJ for the wedding in exchange for my fiance fixing two computers. So after that was settled, I went on Facebook and she is chatting up a storm on her personal Facebook about how she wants to donate to charities and spend money here, there, and everywhere and blah blah blah. Hmmm...how can you do that if you're "broke" and "can't pay your phone bill or life insurance much less pay the DJ for the wedding?" Especially considering you've quit 3 jobs in 2 months while working at each for less than 2 weeks...

#3 (and this is the last one) - She sent me a message on Facebook on Monday saying that her Internet/Skype boyfriend was flying in from England this weekend, and thus, she may not even make it to the wedding. Um...what? You've already RSVPed that you're coming, you were telling me how excited you were about maybe catching the bouquet, you went out and bought a dress for it...and now you're possibly not coming and you're ditching my wedding for some guy you've known all of maybe 2 months? Whereas we've been friends for 3 years? So I acted like I was fine with it and she said she'd let me know. She let me know this morning that she isn't coming after all...again, let me reiterate, all because of some guy she has known for maybe two months.

I've dropped her down to "restricted" on Facebook, but I'm about 99.9% sure I'm gonna be cutting her out of my life very soon. Part of me wants to do it now, but with her sister and niece possibly coming to the wedding (so they say) I don't want a bunch of drama going down that day about how she's "so upset I would end the friendship" and blah blah blah...

Here's the kicker - this friend is 42 years old and acting like a teenager with all this behavior. It's immature, it's dramatic, and I don't have time for it.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
mommyoftwogirlsca
Talker
Talker

Re: Flakes & "Friends"

Unread post by mommyoftwogirlsca »

She might be someone that you have to really think If you want to stay friends. The best thing to do is write good and the bad of your friendship with her.
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

This friend sounds just terrible...did she end up coming to the wedding? I'm sorry you had to go through this!
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

TaylorKnows wrote:This friend sounds just terrible...did she end up coming to the wedding? I'm sorry you had to go through this!
Nope. I found out on Facebook that she ditched me (as I expected), but that the guy never came into town...SHOCKERRRRR. She ended up ditching the wedding for yard sales. So I blocked her off my phone (thank God for iOS 7) and off of Facebook, and I'm surprised I haven't heard my husband say that she's messaged him wondering why. She was telling me before the wedding (and before most of this mess happened, when she told me she "couldn't afford to pay the DJ") that she thought I was going to end our friendship because she couldn't pay for the DJ's services. Welllll...you were close.

Good riddance.
TheEnd
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by TheEnd »

Why was your friend paying for a DJ for your wedding?
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

TheEnd wrote:Why was your friend paying for a DJ for your wedding?
She offered to - the DJ is her friend and was someone she previously dated.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Update:

So my husband actually got upset with me because I didn't tell her why I was ending our friendship...really? So I unblocked her, tried to be civil, and let her know what was going on, because my husband and her were friends before she and I were.

This was her hysterical response:

"thats fine your loss not mine! Dont need fake people in my life anyway... i knew you were never a friend and friend stays beside you forever wheather the situation your in ! no thats fine you feel that way . I was really charles friend anyway was just being nice to you because he was my friend before ever knowing you! besides that i will take my business else where there is others that work on computers besides Charles"

Soooo you invite me to get my nails done with you and go out to dinner with you but yet you were "just being nice to me." And I'm fake, yet she's the one that ditched the wedding and offered no sort of apology...mmkay. I'll have to remember that.

So she blocked me AND my husband after that...really? Blocking me is one thing, because you clearly have issues, but taking it out on my husband too when he had no part of this? Yeah, okay. Makes sense. Furthermore, "a friend stays beside you forever wheather the situation your in"...ignoring the God awful spelling, you basically expected me to be a doormat and be OK with you ditching me for a guy? Good riddance, twatwaffle.

This thread can now die. :P

Return to “Advice and Venting”