Wanna know what really grinds my gears!

subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Wanna know what really grinds my gears!

Unread post by subject99 »

This bloody health care system!!! Im so bloody annoyed and over being frustrated and angered.

As some of you know I have been suffering from TMJ since I was very young. I didn't really start noticing it till I was 12. It got REALLY bad when I was in grade 8. I would suffer from severe migraines, to where I would leave school every day at lunch (so 11:40ish). I was missing LOTS of school. At the time I had this family doctor that wanted me to keep migraine journals. They were every day and constant. I was about 15 and he was getting frustrated because I said "I get them every day All over my head, the right side or the left side, the temples whatever,they are everyday and all over". Well he didn't like my answer and discharged me as a patient but kept my mum. Since I have a few learning disabilities my parents paid for a private tutor since I was in grade 6 till upper school. She did some searching and suggested I may have TMJ. We took upon ourselves and we got an appointment with my orthodontist, he says yes I have it and sent in a referral to my now surgeon. I was finally diagnosed with severe TMJ. So life goes on I get put on muscle relaxers and other pain stuff. By the time I turn 17 I get a new family doctor (the one I have now). He is informed about my TMJ etc. Fast forward to 2008 Jan 11th I get my first jaw surgery get put on morphine, oxys, lyrica, etc etc etc. Still in massive pain. Fast forward to 2009 April 24th or April 17th (I cant remember what friday but it was either the 24th or the 17th) I get my second surgery done. While my doctor was putting in the fake disc he notices arthritis, he suggest I get into see a rheumatologist. I wait a few months and go see one...according to them I do not have arthritis (yet i've had x-rays done on both my knees showing I have it, then what my surgeon saw) funny thing is-is that my doctor knew they would "cherry pick" what patients they would see/keep. In 2010 I was put on a wait list for a pain clinic centre that is 45 mins to an hour drive outside my city.Prior to waiting for 3 years to get into this one clinic! I have already been to this one clinic that wouldn't take me because I lived to far away, been to another clinic that wouldn't do any injections because of the fake disc but did give me pills, Fast forward to 2013 and I FINALLY get into the pain that is 45 mins to an hour away. So I get an appointment and i'm like sweet I go in Feb 2013 and after waiting 3 years they reschedule my appointment because the doctor "retired" without notice. Which is total bullshit because you need to get your retirement papers in and signed prior to you retirement, so basically the guy up and left. But they keep saying he "retired". anyways they reschedule me for some time in September. I go to the appointment and then reschedule for October 30th, but since i'm working around my dad's work schedule and when he is available to drive me. My dad says he couldn't do that day (because my parents just moved 4 hours away and he would be up there moving since they got the house on the 28th.) so I had to call back and reschedule which was about 10 mins after the appt on the drive home, we didn't even hit the highway yet to even start the drive home. Anyways I reschedule for November 13th. I get a letter in the mail stating my appointment was move to December 11th. At this point i'm bloody fuming. On the letter a person has printed that they "tried" to call me but my phone didn't work. Well no shit sherlock I got a new mobile number which I bloody gave you!. So anyways I call and of course I get the bloody answering machine. I leave a message say "this is ( my name) and spell out my last name, I can NOT come on December 11th for my father is retiring the day after December 12th and he will be moving 4 hours away. I have to comply with HIS work schedule and I have arranged for November 13th at 2pm. I would also like to reiterate my new mobile number which I have already give to a nurse (say my number), thank you and goodbye". Then I feed my doctor her bottle and put her to bed. I have a message on my phone from the pain clinic saying "blah blah blah we can keep your appointment the same or reschedule it". I then call back and leave a message saying " Hi, this is (my name) spell out the last name. I will NOT be reschedule. If you can keep my appointment the SAME then why change it. I will BE there wednesday november 13th at 2pm." Then I said something about taking this matter above the person above them. Well once I said that they were pretty quick to call me back. So after playing phone tag I get a person. She says hi, is (my name) there. I say yes, hello. She goes on about something being frustrating. I go yes you are talking to one frustrated women. She says she has to put me on hold for a second to take to the person that had moved my appt and why. I say yes. She gets back and says you were changed because we got new patients. I was fuming at this point so I said "OOOH okay so my pain is nothing and not important and to just move me along, i have pain that needs to be dealt with and I have waited 3 years which you people have already rescheduled me 4 bloody times". She then proceeds to say something along the lines of that I am important too, so I blurted back "well then you shouldn't have rescheduled me". Then she goes on about how there would be no nurse there for my appointment. Im like yeah okay. She then goes oh well yours is just a 20 min appointment anyways can you come for 1pm. I said "No I am working around other peoples schedules and my father can bring me at 2pm. I have to comply with other people. I cant promise anything. If I am there for 1pm I am there, if i'm not I will be at my scheduled time at 2pm". The blood nerve of these people is disgusting.

I have been pushed from doctor to doctor, from pain centre to pain centre, I ma becoming VERY aggravated. The very first pain clinic in T.O didn't want me because I lived to far. The second pain clinic did give me pills but since I fell pregnant with my second child I didn't go for the 9 months I was pregnant and the year of breast feeding so a good two years. The doctor said he would take me back, but when I phones they said just get a referral. My family doctor sent in a referral but they declined me because he wouldn't do the injections. So I was rejected from there. I went to another pain clinic that was an hour away. In feb 2012 but I found out in feb I was pregnant and didn't return. I got the one I have been waiting for 3 year this september which has been nothing but issues!

I saw my surgeon on November 4th, he doesn't want to do surgery at this time. I explained to him how i have been getting pushed around and nothing is being done. He said he is not afraid to do the numbing injections and the cortisone injections. It will cost me 500 a shot or 500 a round of shot (can't remember what he said). He said since i've been having so a rough time with this he will wave his fee but I have to pay for the local anaesthetic (so I get put under for 10 mins). Thankfully my dad will pay for that. It just seems odd that 4 other doctors don't want to do it for I will end up with a severe infection but he wants to do it. I am a little worried now. I go back on November 22nd for the injections. I will be put to sleep, and my surgeon says I will be very bruised after he is done. He also referred me to different pain clinic in his city. So shot number 5 at pain clinic. I am so annoyed and frustrated with all of this. If these injections don't work i'm going to be going in a rampage.

UGH, i'm so ANNOYED!!! I've been dealing with this shit for at least 12 years. Honestly people must think I am in NO pain at all and not taking me seriously. They probably just see a young person making shit up to score. Well howe about I take a hammer to you jaw joints, jaw bones, and cheek bones then YOU can walk around for years with NO pain relief at all then come back and talk to me! Oh yeah you can't eat food for days except smooties because your jaw hurts to much. Like fuck off you bloody wankers. I bloody hate the doctors and this stupid health care system. these doctors are a bloody joke.

Return to “Advice and Venting”