I start on Monday

TWDfan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I start on Monday

Unread post by TWDfan »

I start training on Monday for a new job. It's a catering job. I'm really scared and SUPER nervous ;-;. This'll be my first job and I need some advice on how to calm my nerves. Does anyone have any stories on their first job? I did this on GG, but thought I would do it here too :). Any help/advice is appreciated!
ImageImage
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: I start on Monday

Unread post by subject99 »

I worked for a hotel and catered large events. Don't worry about screwing up. There is always miscommunication when serving. Between everyone. Just always smile do your best and worry about your section and the people you are looking after.
TWDfan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by TWDfan »

Thanks! I'll try. :)
I'm thinking of wearing my classes because I'm nearsighted to help me out.
ImageImage
Kayliecoburn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kayliecoburn »

TWDfan wrote:I start training on Monday for a new job. It's a catering job. I'm really scared and SUPER nervous ;-;. This'll be my first job and I need some advice on how to calm my nerves. Does anyone have any stories on their first job? I did this on GG, but thought I would do it here too :). Any help/advice is appreciated!
I'm always nervous before I start a new job...heck i volunteer in an office position once a month and am always nervous and anxious the night before. I'm sure you will be fine. Most jobs understand you are new and learning and take it easy on you. I'm sure you will be great.
TWDfan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by TWDfan »

Thanks! It was pretty awesome to be working. I liked it and my nerves went away. Thanks for all the help guys :).
ImageImage
TWDfan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by TWDfan »

cakewalked wrote:Just be yourself! You're bound to mess up. That's how you learn. I'm a server and I have worked at the same restaurant for over a year and I still screw up plenty. People generally understand!
After awhile, you'll be really comfortable I guarantee it :)
I try haha :). It's a lot of standing and walking, but I love it so far. I spilled tea on the white table cloth and they were understanding. Pitchers can be heavy haha. :P
ImageImage
Heartbreakcoverupxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Heartbreakcoverupxo »

Did it turn out good for you? I start training on Tuesday for my first job, but it's at Burger King, a little nervous but more excited
I speak the truth, if that makes me a bitch then so be it.
TWDfan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by TWDfan »

Heartbreakcoverupxo wrote:Did it turn out good for you? I start training on Tuesday for my first job, but it's at Burger King, a little nervous but more excited
Whoops, just noticed this. Yeah it did :). I definitely got the hang of it and do catering rather well now.
I wish you luck! Did you do well? :D
ImageImage

Return to “Advice and Venting”