Friends wife?

whatsername_

Friends wife?

Unread post by whatsername_ »

So I have this friend who I've known for a very long time. Since birth, lol.
His parents were friends with mine while they were in college/after they graduated.
He's around 4 years older than me, but we're fairly close. We have a completely platonic relationships, at least from my end.
Well, I thought I was pretty good friends with his wife, until Wednesday when I woke up to about half a dozen text messages, accusing me of "flirting" and cheating.
I had texted the guy, and I quote, "hey! Been thinking about you a lot. Hope you're doing okay! :)"
And she completely flew off the handle about how I'm after her husband.
Caleb knows the guy and I are really good friends and she even tried to bring him into it!

I am honestly flabbergasted. I apologized fifty billion times and tried explaining it was a misunderstanding.
She texted me today like NOTHING HAPPENED.
I'm kind of pissed off because obviously, she doesn't trust me. And she thinks I'm that type of person.

What the hell do I do, guys? Even my guy friend admitted she was acting psychotic. I tried bringing up what happened and she just changes the subject.
I get she could be embarrassed, but I really want to have a conversation about this. It isn't okay.
Sigh.
whatsername_

Re: Friends wife?

ALSO, this happens almost every other week.
I'm constantly accused of this stuff by her.

The guy just keeps telling me to apologize but I haven't done anything!! Ugh :(
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by guest »

Ash- you have no need to keep to keep apologizing. Actually IMO you didn't need to in the first place. If your guy friend explained everything to this girl than it should be over. I would be just like you wanting an explanation. Anyways I'm done.
kelsiejumper
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kelsiejumper »

Honestly, this has likely zero to do with you. I wouldnt apologize any further, nor would I worry about it. You were in his life before she came into the picture, and will be there if she leaves. She clearly has trust issues with her hubby. It sucks that you've been dragged into their issues, but its important to remember they are their issues.

Good luck with the situation.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

Has he cheated on her before because clearly these two need to get some counselling or something.
whatsername_

We're no longer on speaking terms.
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by kingoflove21vher »

You and your friend, or you and your friends wife? Or both.

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
whatsername_

All 3 of us. It sucks to lose 2 really good friends, but obviously I'm not trusted and I don't feel like being reprimanded by people who have issues.
They're not mine.

That, and the wife began sending me pictures of her self harm. I asked her not to, and it still happened. So I removed myself from any possible situation.

Bitches be cray.
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by kingoflove21vher »

And from what I've learned from reading recently exposing you to pictures of self harm isn't a good idea (not trying to be catty or anything), good for you to remove yourself before it escalated any worse but I'm sorry it had to be this way. :(

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."

Return to “Advice and Venting”