Realizing she's the problem...

TaylorKnows

Realizing she's the problem...

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

I have a very close friend&I love her to death but she loves to play victim. The only time she is ever at fault is if the two of us have a fight and she knows I'm pissed and she'll own up and apologize, because I am the one person that'll put up with her shit. But she has issues with her parents (and I do think part of that is on them because I have met them but I do think part of it is on her
) but also with many friends and other people. Recently she moved out and in with a co-worker/friend of hers. She's now telling me what a bitch this girl is and that she kicked her out and she was living on the streets and that the girl won't give her back her medication. She's also claiming some stranger put her up in a hotel for 2 days which I don't believe at all, I think she literally was just too stubborn to go back home for 2 days and only recently went home. I think she definitely exaggerates shit, because she exaggerated one of our fights into something way more than it should have to the point where I had to call bull shit and she backed off. I think she just wants someone to think she looks good but I see past it at this point. At this point, I still want to be her friend and I find her stories quite humorous at some points. And some stories, I know are real (I've dealt with both the fake and real, which is how I decipher the difference) and I have no problem offering support. But I just had to vent about her. She's a great friend to me, is always there if I need her. It's just getting ridiculous to the point where I expect there to be something wrong with the people she associates herself with.
TaylorKnows

Re: Realizing she's the problem...

I guess my whole point from this post and what I meant to add was that, has anyone else had a situation like this one?

Unread post by Guest »

TaylorKnows wrote:I have a very close friend&I love her to death but she loves to play victim. The only time she is ever at fault is if the two of us have a fight and she knows I'm pissed and she'll own up and apologize, because I am the one person that'll put up with her shit. But she has issues with her parents (and I do think part of that is on them because I have met them but I do think part of it is on her
) but also with many friends and other people. Recently she moved out and in with a co-worker/friend of hers. She's now telling me what a bitch this girl is and that she kicked her out and she was living on the streets and that the girl won't give her back her medication. She's also claiming some stranger put her up in a hotel for 2 days which I don't believe at all, I think she literally was just too stubborn to go back home for 2 days and only recently went home. I think she definitely exaggerates shit, because she exaggerated one of our fights into something way more than it should have to the point where I had to call bull shit and she backed off. I think she just wants someone to think she looks good but I see past it at this point. At this point, I still want to be her friend and I find her stories quite humorous at some points. And some stories, I know are real (I've dealt with both the fake and real, which is how I decipher the difference) and I have no problem offering support. But I just had to vent about her. She's a great friend to me, is always there if I need her. It's just getting ridiculous to the point where I expect there to be something wrong with the people she associates herself with.

If there was any ounce of truth to this story, she could easily call the police. If she refuses to give her her medication back, she is now overstepping felony charges.
TaylorKnows

They're going to the police tomorrow apparently. That could be true, but it just seems like this roommate went from being the total best ever to within days being a total bitch. So I really don't know if I buy it or not, but I'm leaning more towards not.

Return to “Advice and Venting”