Ugh, FML. Dating is over rated, not that I ever tried.

kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ugh, FML. Dating is over rated, not that I ever tried.

Unread post by kingoflove21vher »

;__;

*sobs*

I hate being young. I really do, I've liked this guy and thought he was so cute since 2010 when he was a junior and I was in 7th grade (there's only a three and a half year age difference, since now we've both just turned 20 and 16 respectively). I got held back a year in kindergarten since I caught lice, and his birthday's late in the year which has to do with there being a four year graduation difference.

Anyway, I was lurking on OKCupid because of the ForeverKailyn link I found on GG or that blog about her last night, and since I put my real zip code I started getting local results for guys in my area. First result I got was for some guy that graduated last year from my school, next was the guy I've been interested in for 4 years, and then another guy that graduated last year.

So I started answering a bunch of the personality questions, and got an 87% match. :| And we have the smallest little things in common, which hardly anyone else in real life does. Plus in the short answer response section I was astounded. We both love photography, want to backpack Europe, have similar views on nearly everything, like the same foods, and a lot of other things. Worst of all I then went Facebook creeping him (no worries, we're friends on Facebook and have been forever ever since we met in study hall) and realized I had liked pretty much every landscape picture he's ever posted, and cat pictures too. I am now so embarrassed, I just want to go curl up in a hole and die.

Sometimes I wish I could trade ages with my foster sister, 16 versus going on 19 in a few days and I'm still the more mature one - and she has a kid.

Why, and how do I end up in these situations. I depress myself.

Okay my melodrama is now over, promise. Just had to get it out. :)

But he's so handsome ... :(

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Ugh, FML. Dating is over rated, not that I ever tried.

Unread post by subject99 »

Just go date him. I was 14 dating an 18 year old and we dated for 2.5 years. After many years of not being together being part we would still talk we remained friends we actually talked about getting backed together just recently but that never ended up happened. I'm not sure why he didn't tell me. He said he would tell me ( I'm still waiting.). But now I'm moving out of the city. So long story shirt don't live in regret. Take the chance. Worst answer you will get is no. What? Sure that will hurt but you are 16 it will sting for maybe 6 seconds and then move on. At least you tried and now you have an answer and you gave it your all. All that matters. You might even get a yes. You never know. Just try.
Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chevbowlyn »

When you get older, 3 years is nothing. My husband and I are 7 years apart and we'll be married for 6 years next month,
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Chevbowlyn wrote:When you get older, 3 years is nothing. My husband and I are 7 years apart and we'll be married for 6 years next month,
Oh, I know! My mom is 7 years older than my mom and they've been together for nearly 25 years. My parents are even telling me to go for it, which is astounding to me. I just don't want people judging me if it does lead to anything. But obviously that's inevitable and something I should ignore. Thank you both for you feedback. :love2:

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

kingoflove21vher wrote:
Chevbowlyn wrote:When you get older, 3 years is nothing. My husband and I are 7 years apart and we'll be married for 6 years next month,
Oh, I know! My mom is 7 years older than my mom and they've been together for nearly 25 years. My parents are even telling me to go for it, which is astounding to me. I just don't want people judging me if it does lead to anything. But obviously that's inevitable and something I should ignore. Thank you both for you feedback. :love2:
OT: What is it like to have same-sex parents? I had a friend who had same-sex parents but didn't call any of them "mom" because of the confusion, lol. I've always secretly wanted to be raised by two dads.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

My dad never married his partner, but from my end, having "two" dads was very difficult, personally.
In a conservative, church setting, it's pretty horrible.
I love my dad and I guess you'd call him my step dad.
They've been together long enough to be recognized as common law.

But I mostly lived with my mom. Who was a single parent.
Thought I'd give my two cents, lol
Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

I was raised by my father so I never had a "motherly/womanly" figure around.
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Chevbowlyn wrote:
kingoflove21vher wrote:
OT: What is it like to have same-sex parents? I had a friend who had same-sex parents but didn't call any of them "mom" because of the confusion, lol. I've always secretly wanted to be raised by two dads.

Typo! I meant my dad's seven years younger, lol. But ironically my biological mother has been in a relationship with my "step"-mom for almost four years. It might seem selfish to say, but she cares more about me than my real mom does and our relationship upsets her (most of it is my mom's fault from when I was younger and she went to prison and made all these promises she never kept, I've been living with my mom and dad (aunt and uncle) since I was 7 weeks old so I know them as my parents, and love them more (that might seem wrong to say but it's true). Anyway, I don't call my "step"-mom mom because I already have two mom and dads, and when I was little used to call them both "Mommy-Name", until my biological mom got out of prison when I was 11, and now I just call her by her name.

That was confusing! :P

Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Whoops! LOL
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

kingoflove21vher wrote:;__;

*sobs*

I hate being young. I really do, I've liked this guy and thought he was so cute since 2010 when he was a junior and I was in 7th grade (there's only a three and a half year age difference, since now we've both just turned 20 and 16 respectively). I got held back a year in kindergarten since I caught lice, and his birthday's late in the year which has to do with there being a four year graduation difference.

Anyway, I was lurking on OKCupid because of the ForeverKailyn link I found on GG or that blog about her last night, and since I put my real zip code I started getting local results for guys in my area. First result I got was for some guy that graduated last year from my school, next was the guy I've been interested in for 4 years, and then another guy that graduated last year.

So I started answering a bunch of the personality questions, and got an 87% match. :| And we have the smallest little things in common, which hardly anyone else in real life does. Plus in the short answer response section I was astounded. We both love photography, want to backpack Europe, have similar views on nearly everything, like the same foods, and a lot of other things. Worst of all I then went Facebook creeping him (no worries, we're friends on Facebook and have been forever ever since we met in study hall) and realized I had liked pretty much every landscape picture he's ever posted, and cat pictures too. I am now so embarrassed, I just want to go curl up in a hole and die.

Sometimes I wish I could trade ages with my foster sister, 16 versus going on 19 in a few days and I'm still the more mature one - and she has a kid.

Why, and how do I end up in these situations. I depress myself.

Okay my melodrama is now over, promise. Just had to get it out. :)

But he's so handsome ... :(
I'm so confused by this post.

Firstly, you got held back in kindergarten because of lice??????? Why? You treat it, you can go back to school the next day.

Secondly, I have no idea why you are giving up on dating just because you did a questionnaire on a dating site and liked his photos. Am I missing something? Does he know you did the questionnaire? People put pictures on Facebook SO people will like them. I don't get why you are embarrassed. What exactly have you done to be embarrassed about??

I am, however, a little concerned that a 16 year old is going on a dating site and giving out information. Not good.

If what you are concerned about is the age difference, meh.....my husband is 5 years older than me. At 16 it may seem like a big deal but it's not. When you're ready for a serious relationship, age will make no difference. And I'm sorry, this is going to sound condescending but you are not ready for a serious relationship at 16. You shouldn't even be worrying much about dating yet.

Sorry to say it, but things are going to get a lot more complicated than that before you'll be ready to settle down.

I like you, you're intelligent and witty but it seriously depresses me that someone your age is hanging around on this website, spending a lot of time on Facebook and investigating dating sites. I know I sound old but SMH! What is the world going to come to?
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm so confused by this post.

Firstly, you got held back in kindergarten because of lice??????? Why? You treat it, you can go back to school the next day.

Secondly, I have no idea why you are giving up on dating just because you did a questionnaire on a dating site and liked his photos. Am I missing something? Does he know you did the questionnaire? People put pictures on Facebook SO people will like them. I don't get why you are embarrassed. What exactly have you done to be embarrassed about??

I am, however, a little concerned that a 16 year old is going on a dating site and giving out information. Not good.

If what you are concerned about is the age difference, meh.....my husband is 5 years older than me. At 16 it may seem like a big deal but it's not. When you're ready for a serious relationship, age will make no difference. And I'm sorry, this is going to sound condescending but you are not ready for a serious relationship at 16. You shouldn't even be worrying much about dating yet.

Sorry to say it, but things are going to get a lot more complicated than that before you'll be ready to settle down.

I like you, you're intelligent and witty but it seriously depresses me that someone your age is hanging around on this website, spending a lot of time on Facebook and investigating dating sites. I know I sound old but SMH! What is the world going to come to?
Oh, I agree with pretty much everything you said. I wrote that when I was all over the place, so I'll agree it's confusing. Also, I'm not on Facebook a lot, like 15 minutes a day at the most (if I even go on), and initially I just signed up for the site because you have to to be able see anything on it and it was about someone on GG so I was curious, not because I feel the need to sign up for a dating site. I'm one of the last recluses in my grade it seems to not have gone out with anybody because personally I don't feel I need any relationship to define me unless I'm willing to partake in it. My friends think I'm crazy, but they're stupid and try to act like they know more than me because they're 1) either dating an 8th grader or 2) dating someone via the internet who's 24. :?

Also, there are a couple of people in my grade that have been in relationships for 2 years.

Oh, and about the lice thing my parents/grandparents tried everything low end and high end before my grandma suggested olive oil and it worked, but my biological parents kept coming around and giving it to me just as it got cleared up for quite a bit after, until it was outlawed. So I missed half of October and September of kindergarten and it made more sense since I was born just before the cutoff in October to just wait until the next year. Or that's what the school said. :roll:

Most of that was me being melodramtic due to sleep deprivation and my need to rant. Apologies.

CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

I am curious as to what happened. Did you talk to him? <3 <3

Return to “Advice and Venting”