old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Did you know

Unread post by old_soul_here »

You cn get chicken pox twice?
My son came down with Chicken pox about three days ago (I mistook the pox for mozzie bites and managed to infect forty other children), and while he's surfing through it like a little pro not bothered by the itch or other side effects, I am not.
I shouldn't even have the mingling chicken pox, I had the chicken pox, I was four and I infected my entire kindy people still remember me as the girl who infected our Kindy. But somehow I managed to catch it off my son, and now I'm itchy and grumpy,my head aches and im sore and old enough to complain =(. Not to mention my partner who has also already had it is now coming down with it as well, and it can lead to male infertility, we want to start trying in a few months.
Rant over.
VolcomCherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Did you know

Unread post by VolcomCherry »

Yep. Usually the second time you get it it's a lot lighter though.
When you have it as an adult it can be very painful and always good to have your eyes checked afterwards as it can damage your eyes.
My partner got it last year and it's freaking me out a little. We've had a few oopsies right on O and nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

I don't remember much of getting it the first time, Mum put oven mitts on my hands to keep me from itching them. Got it fairly nasty again though =(
Yeah I looked it up it's rare, but during infection they stop making swimmers, and then very rarely stop altogether, fingers crossed it doesnt happen to mine or yours =)
Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chevbowlyn »

I'm immune to them. I got them as a wee girl and have been exposed twice to them. My mother finally got them as an adult in 98' and a girl from Columbia got them while I was hosting(exchange student).
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

We vax for it here, I had it as a child but so far my kids haven't... Knock on wood
#FreeBen
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

I was planning on vaxing DS for it if he hadn't gotten it by April, its one of the few vax's we have to pay for here. I didn't think i would get them again so didn't bother getting a booster or anythin.

Return to “Advice and Venting”