New Graduate

AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Graduate

Unread post by AutumnLane »

A guidance counselor at school would be happy to assist you with all those things. She may even have a list of internships.
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
thegooseiscooked

Re: New Graduate

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Yes, I agree with Autumnlane, speak to the careers person at your school.

Otherwise, you could just try writing to the directly introducing yourself, explain what you've been doing and where you envisage your career going with their company. Give them a call and ask who their head of recruitment is and who you should address your letter to.

If they like the sound of you, they'll keep your CV on file and/or contact you to discuss it further. They may have their own protocol in terms of hiring staff and, hopefully, they would let you know this so you can go through the correct channels. Anyway, it would be extremely impolite and unprofessional of them to simply ignore your letter without some sort of response.

Oh....and I would use normal post rather than email. An email is easy to ignore, easy to lose or delete. A physical hard copy of a letter and CV has a better chance of being forwarded to the right person.

Good luck!!

Return to “Advice and Venting”