Confused. Buying Phones From Ebay?

GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Confused. Buying Phones From Ebay?

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

I've twice bought electronics on ebay and had positive experiences. The first was a Canon camera, in almost perfect condition. The second was a tablet that I still use daily, years later. Both sellers and products exceeded my expectations...absolutely no complaints. But the refurbished thing is an entirely different question/issue, and I'm afraid I can't be of much help. Just wanted to chime in that I've also wondered about the credibility of refurbished electronics sellers on ebay...would love to hear if anyone has had a positive or negative experience?
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

PayPal should have your back if the item isn't as described.
#FreeBen
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

Yes definitely use PayPal! Other than that I guess all you can do is read the "fine print" of what the seller is defining as refurbished.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kryptonite wrote:
blackbettybamf wrote:PayPal should have your back if the item isn't as described.
Ooh. I never thought about using PayPal! I typically use my bank card, which is obviously not the best option. Thanks!
you can use your bank card through PayPal! Both ebay and PayPal have excellent buyer protection and almost always side with the buyer.

Basically your worst case scenario is you'll be out the money to send it back to the seller (with delivery confirmation and insurance) which isn't too expensive. Insurance is cheap and phones aren't that heavy anyway, you could be out probably $10 max which is a high estimate. I say go for it.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lmk how it goes! I need a new phone soon, debating whether to buy one or upgrade it with a new contract!
#FreeBen
HeavenOnlyKnows

Unread post by HeavenOnlyKnows »

I bought a refurbished headset with microphone off Ebay and it is in perfect working condition. Of course, that was only a $30 purchase so it wasn't as big of a risk, but yes, my refurbished device was just as good as new.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She's right! Just make sure you file before 45 days
#FreeBen
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

Also, you can phone Ebay if there is a dispute. We did this once, and it got things resolved pronto! Good luck!
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

You really have nothing to lose girl
#FreeBen
QueenBooBoo1216
Informer
Informer

Unread post by QueenBooBoo1216 »

Just in case someone else is in this situation always use a credit or debit card through PayPal when you buy higher priced electronics. Then you have PayPal and EBay to try first if something goes wrong but as a back up but you can file a dispute with Visa, MasterCard or your bank. The only time I had a problem was when I bought a ring and the seller kept sending PayPal bogus receipts that they shipped it. I knew they didn't because our mailbox was locked and it said delivered. I called Visa and they discovered that the shipping link they provided was bogus and they reversed it and then they dealt with PayPal.

Return to “Advice and Venting”