Ex Husband not stepping up

old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by old_soul_here »

Not to sound too much like Jess (Lord forbid!), I wish my ex would step up, as you may have seen I have an extremely high needs son. My ex is supposed to take him every second weekend when he is home. But he says he needs a break so if he is only home one weekend he won't take our son. Which would be fine but it means we can go nine months without seeing him. I have no contact otherwise, no way to get a hold of him in an emergency, I once got a serious telling off because I contacted his girlfriend so she could get in contact with him to say our son had a seizure and we were in hospital with him. So I now have no contact t all except when he picks up our son. We are working with an occupational therapist, speech therapist and a physiologist who specializes in under five. But I have no way to get in to contact to tell him about this, even though legally I have too.
I just wish we had more of a break especially now I am so sick with hyper esemis. Grr
HelloHolaHallo

Re: Ex Husband not stepping up

Unread post by HelloHolaHallo »

Wow first off *hugs*
I'm really sorry you're going through this! Do you mind me asking what he does for a living? Is he in the military? I'm really sorry you're going through this!
Raya1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Raya1 »

He will come back around with contact information. You may want to document the times and why you tried contacting him. You also need to try to keep boundaries. You can't contact his girlfriend! It might be seen as an attack or manipulation tactic. Your ex only has to do what he legally is bound by. Nothing more. Same with you. Keep that side pleasant you don't want problems. I find that with guys that choose to not go over an beyond for their child are better left out of their children's life.
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by old_soul_here »

Raya1 wrote:He will come back around with contact information. You may want to document the times and why you tried contacting him. You also need to try to keep boundaries. You can't contact his girlfriend! It might be seen as an attack or manipulation tactic. Your ex only has to do what he legally is bound by. Nothing more. Same with you. Keep that side pleasant you don't want problems. I find that with guys that choose to not go over an beyond for their child are better left out of their children's life.
What's irritating is she contacts me, then I get in trouble for it with him. Still no contact information, he complained the other week because I didn't let him know our son was working with an occupational therapist. I just turned around and said "how am I supposed to contact you? I have no phone number for you, and don't even know where you live," he grumbled but didn't bother telling me anything
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

Sounds like he doesn't want to be involved with your don at all. He is only legally forced to pay child support if it ever came to that.
Georgemi

Unread post by Georgemi »

Im really worried too. What Snow White said was spot on.
I dont know what to say to make you see that this is not the only nor best option but I dont have the words.

Return to “Advice and Venting”