Time to cut the cord?

LittleBitOfKaitlyn
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Time to cut the cord?

Unread post by LittleBitOfKaitlyn »

Hey ladies, so I'm 28 weeks pregnant and currently living with my aunt after a messy breakup at 16 weeks with my abusive ex. I'm super close to my mom and she wants to be an active part in my daughters life and I want her to be too. BUT I recently found an amazing apartment for me and my daughter an hour away and even though I'd be coming down every weekend and sometimes the odd week stay I feel bad leaving her when she was so excited for me to live here in town. It's just not a good place to be, there's nothing affordable and no work at all and let's face it my crazy ex would be stalking me. I still would be giving birth at the hospital here and will be staying with her until I give birth after I'm done setting up my new apartment. I just feel terrible moving an hour away when she doesn't have transportation, but like I said I would be visiting every weekend and staying the odd week. Ugh I'm a total mommas girl
This was pretty much a venting situation, I know at the end of the day it's a personal decision but I just needed SOMEONE to talk too. Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Time to cut the cord?

Unread post by CamilaCabello »

Hey girl! Congrats on the pregnancy and I'm sorry about your ex. From my POV, I think the best thing for you to do would be moving to the new apartment. An hour away really isn't that big of a deal when you think of it! Your mom can still visit you whenever she wants and you can visit her too. Overall, it sounds like it would be a better situation for you and your daughter! I'm sure your mom will be understanding and maybe even excited to help you decorate your new place!

Best of luck to you!

Return to “Advice and Venting”