How To Get Someone To Stop Talking To You?

franklymydear
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How To Get Someone To Stop Talking To You?

Unread post by franklymydear »

I think you're giving him too much leeway! This guy is off. Him asking you if you have a boyfriend, complimenting you, saying he wishes you were his daughter- he is a creep. And his ex wife probably knows more about this than the messages between you and him. Don't make excuses for him! I think you should stop opening his Facebook messages. You know he can see when you've read one, so just stop opening them. Hopefully he'll lay off when he sees you aren't even reading his messages. When or if you see him in person, don't be too friendly, maybe even be brusque, definitely do not give him the wrong idea. (Not that you are- looks like you're doing a good job being to-the-point with him, but this guy clearly isn't in tune with social cues!)
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

Block him on facebook. Block him on your cell phone. Really, it can be that simple. Don't give any excuse if you don't have to. You're just too busy with school and work/chores, home life, etc.

I was getting creepy vibes from what you've said about him, because he sounds both manipulative and a bit pathetic. He shouldn't be having daily or frequent conversations with a person your age. That's not okay. Don't stress about it too much, just cut him off. Maybe tell your parents that it's bothering you, or tell a different friend, just let someone else around you know that this guy is bothering you. Better safe than sorry, and trust your intuition. ;)
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CamilaCabello »

I would just block him honestly. It's Facebook and he'll get the hint hopefully. I'm sorry this is happening to you :/
ellie-
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ellie- »

Kryptonite wrote:ATTACHED* NOT ATTRACTED.

Can I get anymore snobby?
Lmao I was definitely doing a big ol' eye roll when I read that!
But, really, praise yourself girl!

I know I didn't comment any tips but I've read and hope it goes well for you!
kikiagogo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kikiagogo »

My best friend and I ate both single and we call her the "douchebag magnet" and I'm the "creeper magnet." Lol We've figured out why she's the douche magnet but have yet to figure out how/why I seem to attract creepers. But I have gotten to the point where I can recognize the signs early on and just go ahead and cut off contact with minimal feelings getting hurt. Personally, I'd just lay it all out there: that you're somewhat uncomfortable speaking so frequently, you don't appreciate drama in your inbox if you don't drop everything in your life to respond, and that hens a nice enough guy, but would be better off finding a friend he has more in common with. Then, if he blows up again or ignored your feelings, cut him off. Ignoring isn't working, so that'd be the time to delete. I "spring clean" my FB every year. I usually make a post about it ahead of time explaining why some people are getting cut, then delete away. Last year I cut something like 113 people and it felt GREAT! Lol
queenofhearts
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by queenofhearts »

Imo a guy that age talking to an underage girl so often is really creepy. These guys seem to act very 'nice' on the surface but him getting angry when you don't respond fast enough is a hint that he's really not that nice. If I were you I would block him on fb or turn your chat to appear offline (I think you can still do that???). This guy is crossing a major line and even though it might be uncomfortable, I think cutting him off would be the best solution. Have you told your parents about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Advice and Venting”