Someone Watching My Channel?

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: DailyBrynapple&Mithy: Part 66

Unread post by actuallydear »

Oh my god so this is kind of off topic, but I've mentioned my husband's old best friend and his wife (who ruined their friendship because she's an Ellie - everything is a competition!) Let's call them The Frenemies, ok?

Well anyway, we haven't spoken to The Frenemies for a good 15 months and don't have them on any social media (I deactivated my FB early last year, but we're still "friends" on there). We knew not to tell them any information about anything we liked, etc because she would jump all on it and ruin it.

My husband and I have kept our infertility journey very, very private - close family members don't even know about it, let alone about our miscarriage... so definitely did not share any of it with The Frenemies. Keeping it all in is very hard. So very recently - after much deliberation - I started a YT channel for our TTC journey. I needed to have somewhere that I could talk about what we've been going through and thought YT would be safe enough to do so. I have poured my heart out, with every detail on my channel (which has less than 100 subscribers!) - I'd wanted to do this for a really long time but held off in fear of someone IRL finding out information we weren't wanting to share with them.

Anyway, I log into my Facebook occasionally and did so a couple of days ago. I went to her page, just to see if we were still "friends" we are, and I noticed her 'likes' are DB, C+K, E+J. I thought, wow, ok, she must watch YT... and I figured out they must be TTC or something because who else watches them enough to go and 'like' them on FB? I know I had never mentioned any of these vloggers, or anything relating to YT... and I never had any idea she watched YT.

So today, I visit her page and see she has FB 'liked' (in the past couple of days) a very new TTC channel on that I frequently have comment exchanges with. On FB they only have 100 likes! The YT channel is only a month old and has gone from something like 200 subscribers to 1200 in a little over a week! So, they are very small and now I'm freaking the FUCK out that the bitch has found me and knows all of our secrets. My subscriber count has stayed the same for a little bit but within an hour of me finding out she liked the small channel I have a new subscriber from my country who has gone through and watched all of my TTC videos, one by one. Pretty sure it's her.

What do I do?!?!?!?!?!
MamaBear13
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MamaBear13 »

actuallydear wrote:Oh my god so this is kind of off topic, but I've mentioned my husband's old best friend and his wife (who ruined their friendship because she's an Ellie - everything is a competition!) Let's call them The Frenemies, ok?

Well anyway, we haven't spoken to The Frenemies for a good 15 months and don't have them on any social media (I deactivated my FB early last year, but we're still "friends" on there). We knew not to tell them any information about anything we liked, etc because she would jump all on it and ruin it.

My husband and I have kept our infertility journey very, very private - close family members don't even know about it, let alone about our miscarriage... so definitely did not share any of it with The Frenemies. Keeping it all in is very hard. So very recently - after much deliberation - I started a YT channel for our TTC journey. I needed to have somewhere that I could talk about what we've been going through and thought YT would be safe enough to do so. I have poured my heart out, with every detail on my channel (which has less than 100 subscribers!) - I'd wanted to do this for a really long time but held off in fear of someone IRL finding out information we weren't wanting to share with them.

Anyway, I log into my Facebook occasionally and did so a couple of days ago. I went to her page, just to see if we were still "friends" we are, and I noticed her 'likes' are DB, C+K, E+J. I thought, wow, ok, she must watch YT... and I figured out they must be TTC or something because who else watches them enough to go and 'like' them on FB? I know I had never mentioned any of these vloggers, or anything relating to YT... and I never had any idea she watched YT.

So today, I visit her page and see she has FB 'liked' (in the past couple of days) a very new TTC channel on that I frequently have comment exchanges with. On FB they only have 100 likes! The YT channel is only a month old and has gone from something like 200 subscribers to 1200 in a little over a week! So, they are very small and now I'm freaking the FUCK out that the bitch has found me and knows all of our secrets. My subscriber count has stayed the same for a little bit but within an hour of me finding out she liked the small channel I have a new subscriber from my country who has gone through and watched all of my TTC videos, one by one. Pretty sure it's her.

What do I do?!?!?!?!?!
ooof. I would feel so uncomfortable and awkward. I say, keep doing your own thing! I know it's probably easier said than done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mammabear
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mammabear »

actuallydear wrote:Oh my god so this is kind of off topic, but I've mentioned my husband's old best friend and his wife (who ruined their friendship because she's an Ellie - everything is a competition!) Let's call them The Frenemies, ok?

What do I do?!?!?!?!?!
Make all your YT videos private if you are that worried. You dont need this stress if you are TTC.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Tapatalk
Pingupingu2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pingupingu2 »

Mammabear wrote:

What do I do?!?!?!?!?!
Make all your YT videos private if you are that worried. You dont need this stress if you are TTC.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Tapatalk
If you're worried/not confortable with her seeing you, I'd make the vids private. If not, you go girl and continue your TTC journey :) I'm sure you and your husband will be blessed with a beautiful baby soon.
Do what you have to do, stress is the last thing you need! So if you feel like YT is gonna stress you too much, get out of there, but if you feel like sharing your journey go ahead and don't mind that woman ;)
When nothing is certain, anything is possible
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Update on frenemy/YouTube situation. My views went up overnight and someone watched all of my TTC videos from start to finish... So I went to her house and knocked on her door and flat out said "I know you found me on YouTube" and at first I thought she was playing dumb but then I realised she probably wasn't playing.

She looked really nervous and worried and at this point I recognised the fear in her of being found out for what I had already figured out (TTC and having trouble or a loss) and I just flat out told her I could see the situation and I knew what they were going through. I told her about our story and she teared up and told me about hers - TTC for 15 months and also on fertility treatments. I hugged her. She said no one knew about any of this at all and that's why she watches YouTube because it helps her. I felt really bad for her and we chatted for about an hour about everything and honestly - the #1 I did not want knowing any of this became the only person I got to chat with face to face about infertility. She understood. I hugged her again as I left and she sent me a text thanking me.

I'm not sure what will happen from here on out but it definitely gave us both a new understanding of each other.

Even if she did see my videos, I don't care. If they help someone else to not feel alone then they've served their purpose.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Someone Watching My Channel?

Thanks, Krypto!
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Someone Watching My Channel?

Unread post by Vincere »

You really have courage to go and storm at her house and take the matter up front.
It seems that we find support on some of the people we least expect.
Hope your journey will end well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Return to “Advice and Venting”