• Advertisement

YTMD Pet Peeves

Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!! This forum has it's own set of rules. We've created this forum to minimize the arguing that occurs in the regular forums. If you are called out, it is up to you whether or not you respond. The only rules for this forum are...
1. No racial or gender/sexual slurs.
2. No posting of personal information (address, phone number, etc).
3. No flaming or "boxing" with Admin or Moddies.

Unless one of the rules have been broken, reports made about posts in this forum will be ignored.

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby laughsatytfame » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:21 pm

The 'PC' police.
laughsatytfame
Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby ClitoricTease » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:38 am

smom12 wrote:I have a pet peeve.... when people start getting personal on threads. It's a damn moodkiller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ClitoricTease
Amateur

Postby sadie » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:36 pm

When a youtuber starts renting a house and then everyone just has to comment how much rent is in their city, state or country.

Every damn time :')
sadie
Gossiper

Postby LydiaE » Sun May 07, 2017 4:00 am

The posters that use the term "side eye" in almost every one of their posts.

It semi-rationally annoys me. I'd never even heard or seen anyone use that term until I visited these forums.
LydiaE
Informer

Postby fossilfinger » Sun May 07, 2017 6:16 am

sadie wrote:When a youtuber starts renting a house and then everyone just has to comment how much rent is in their city, state or country.

Every damn time :')

This! Is it really surprising to people that renting a townhouse in rural South Carolina is less expensive than renting a one-bedroom apartment in New York City?
fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Sun May 07, 2017 6:53 am

LydiaE wrote:The posters that use the term "side eye" in almost every one of their posts.

It semi-rationally annoys me. I'd never even heard or seen anyone use that term until I visited these forums.

It's in the dictionary and literally an Emoji. I'm surprised you haven't heard it before coming here.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Kryptonite » Mon May 08, 2017 11:45 am

LydiaE wrote:The posters that use the term "side eye" in almost every one of their posts.

I side-eye your side-eye at the use of the term side-eye. ;)
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin

Kryptonite
Super Moddie

Postby laughsatytfame » Mon May 08, 2017 3:48 pm

My pet peeve lately has been those certain few who confuse this site with a fan site. They seem to take offense at everything and get bent out of shape if called on it. I don't get why they come to the threads that bother them so much when all it does it set them off? Gossip & snark are a hell of a lot different than a fan site that discusses pleasantries. Some of these people are so far up these vloggers asses we need Fleet STAT! :lol:
laughsatytfame
Gossiper

Postby Scar2016 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:46 pm

laughsatytfame wrote:My pet peeve lately has been those certain few who confuse this site with a fan site. They seem to take offense at everything and get bent out of shape if called on it. I don't get why they come to the threads that bother them so much when all it does it set them off? Gossip & snark are a hell of a lot different than a fan site that discusses pleasantries. Some of these people are so far up these vloggers asses we need Fleet STAT! :lol:

Someone should set up a Colon Valeting Service for YouTube Fangirls, there appears to be a niche (pardon the pun) for it.
~ ~ ~ :zz: I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee: ~ ~ ~
Scar2016
True Gossiper

Postby actuallydear » Thu May 11, 2017 8:50 am

whenever a youtuber posts a video with an attention grabbing thumbnail/title, but people cry that it's clickbait. many youtubers rely on views to make money, so of course they're going to use thumbnails and titles that get people watching. if they didn't, that would be a poor business decision.
shake it up.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Thu May 11, 2017 8:52 am

actuallydear wrote:whenever a youtuber posts a video with an attention grabbing thumbnail/title, but people cry that it's clickbait. many youtubers rely on views to make money, so of course they're going to use thumbnails and titles that get people watching. if they didn't, that would be a poor business decision.

I agree, although when people start posting positive ovulation titles, I think it's towing the line between smart and desperate.

But hey, whatever works
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby actuallydear » Thu May 11, 2017 8:57 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
actuallydear wrote:whenever a youtuber posts a video with an attention grabbing thumbnail/title, but people cry that it's clickbait. many youtubers rely on views to make money, so of course they're going to use thumbnails and titles that get people watching. if they didn't, that would be a poor business decision.

I agree, although when people start posting positive ovulation titles, I think it's towing the line between smart and desperate.

But hey, whatever works

Haha, agreed! If Ellie wants to do that shit, she should take it to her channel.
shake it up.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper

Postby MamaJoAnna » Thu May 11, 2017 11:04 am

THIS, 100%. Also, people who confuse the word "clickbait." LOL.
Call me Jo, please.
MamaJoAnna
Super Moddie

Postby Scar2016 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:49 pm

MamaJoAnna wrote:

Ikr. ''It's not clickbait if it actually happened in the video'' is the usual fans comeback.

Cullen and Katie's latest vlog ''Shocking PREGNANCY TEST!''
1) There was nothing shocking about the test.
2) Katie took it. It was negative. Shocking, not.
3) Cullen was shocked (the pregnancy test was not) that she essentially tried to prank him on camera by handing him a pregnancy (negative) test out of the blue. It was more a prank for the viewers than anything else imo.

So yeah, ''Shocking PREGNANCY TEST Reaction!'' is more accurate, it's still clickbait, but it has all the elements of what actually happened in the vlog:
A pregnancy test was taken.
There was a reaction.
The reaction was 'shocking.'

Apologies for the semantic rant, sort of. 8-)
~ ~ ~ :zz: I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee: ~ ~ ~
Scar2016
True Gossiper

Postby Kryptonite » Fri May 12, 2017 4:35 pm

MamaJoAnna wrote:

I'm with you. The conversations about clickbait are redundant because ALL YouTuber's use clickbait... except for Elijah and Christine.

Yes, they did make an alien bong. Yes, Christine did almost get arrested. That all happened.

Kryptonite
Super Moddie

Postby lmmomSD » Sun May 14, 2017 1:18 pm

Once again, people who personalize things that are said about a vlogger. Unless you are that vlogger undercover, we're not talking about you.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby orangeblossom » Sun May 14, 2017 3:21 pm

They do that as an excuse to talk about themselves. I agree tho, unless you're the the youtuber being discussed it's not really productive and it just ends up turning the thread into story time.
orangeblossom
Amateur

Postby lmmomSD » Sun May 14, 2017 3:43 pm

I don't mind personal stories. I'm guilty of sharing personal stuff myself. But when people get huffy about things that don't have anything to do with them, I don't get it.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Parkerwar » Fri May 19, 2017 10:44 am

lmmomSD wrote:Once again, people who personalize things that are said about a vlogger. Unless you are that vlogger undercover, we're not talking about you.

It's a strange phenomenon that people take things personally.

The other annoying thing is when someone doesn't like something said about their favorite youtuber, so they immediately bring up bad behavior from some other vlogger as a diversion. It's so weird like they're defending their bff!
Parkerwar
Amateur

Postby menehune » Fri May 19, 2017 11:29 am

Parkerwar wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Once again, people who personalize things that are said about a vlogger. Unless you are that vlogger undercover, we're not talking about you.

The other annoying thing is when someone doesn't like something said about their favorite youtuber, so they immediately bring up bad behavior from some other vlogger as a diversion. It's so weird like they're defending their bff!

I'm sorry, but is anyone really immune to this? Sure it doesn't bother you if something is saying something critical about a vlogger you don't like, but it's hard not to get offended and defensive about remarks that are pretty ridiculous and just a difference of opinion.

Like if someone generalizes that stay at home moms are spoiled and the husbands are overworked.

Or that kids should ALWAYS wear a certain style of clothing.

Or a kids room should be a certain colour.

Or all kids are delayed if the aren't doing x,y,z by a certain age.

Sure it's all gossip, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't expect a difference of opinion. It also doesn't mean the person is "taking it personal" just because they challenge your opinion.

MOST PEOPLE are able to have a discussion/be challenged on these boards without getting all pissy about it.
menehune
Talker

Postby lmmomSD » Fri May 19, 2017 12:29 pm

menehune wrote:
Parkerwar wrote:

I'm sorry, but is anyone really immune to this? Sure it doesn't bother you if something is saying something critical about a vlogger you don't like, but it's hard not to get offended and defensive about remarks that are pretty ridiculous and just a difference of opinion.

Like if someone generalizes that stay at home moms are spoiled and the husbands are overworked.

Or that kids should ALWAYS wear a certain style of clothing.

Or a kids room should be a certain colour.

Or all kids are delayed if the aren't doing x,y,z by a certain age.

Sure it's all gossip, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't expect a difference of opinion. It also doesn't mean the person is "taking it personal" just because they challenge your opinion.

MOST PEOPLE are able to have a discussion/be challenged on these boards without getting all pissy about it.

Oh, I don't have a problem with disagreement. I like a lively discussion, and I welcome other opinions. But when people start generalizing to be point that they think that things we say about vloggers in particular apply to the population as a whole and especially to them, it gets weird. To use a recent example, on the C&K thread, people were discussing their complaining. If you don't think they're complaining, that's fine. But people got butthurt and started saying things like "so only people who work outside the home are allowed to have opinions" "SAHP don't count". When _nobody_ said that, and we were talking about Cullen and Katie, not the people in question. Nobody said that they were complaining, or that their opinions don't matter. Nobody even said C&K's opinions don't matter. And it went on for a few pages. Instead of discussing Cullen and Katie, it turned into people who work outside the home vs SAHP. This is a discussion forum. I welcome discussion. But personalizing things and getting snarky with each other? Nah. You even told me once that something I said about Hawaii insulted you, but you did it respectfully. And I apologized. Because you made a good point. Others here are very good at disagreeing without getting personal. That's all I'm.saying.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Parkerwar » Fri May 26, 2017 9:59 am

I think it's funny when someone comes on a thread and says that they know a youtubber and then they are judged on being truthful or not depending on if their story supports people's opinions. If it's a thread where the yter is hated they will be readily believed if they say the yter is a bitch. If they say something awful about a yter people like, then they are immediately discredited. People are funny and predictable. Reminds me of political spin machines.
Parkerwar
Amateur

Postby HelloSweetie » Fri May 26, 2017 10:07 am

Parkerwar wrote:I think it's funny when someone comes on a thread and says that they know a youtubber and then they are judged on being truthful or not depending on if their story supports people's opinions. If it's a thread where the yter is hated they will be readily believed if they say the yter is a bitch. If they say something awful about a yter people like, then they are immediately discredited. People are funny and predictable. Reminds me of political spin machines.

Please.... this is obviously in reference to the Bonnie board. After the Sapphire saga I call BS on any poster that says they know a YTer until there is further proof. This has nothing to do with how I feel about what they are saying.

I questioned the poster that said they'd been burned by E&J too, and I'm no fan of theirs. Ask Krypto who called for the ip check in the first place

If you want to believe any story you hear then why should my opinion offend you? Believe what you want. I wasn't the only one that said it was vague. It didn't need to be a thing until Sarai tried to call me out about it.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Kryptonite » Fri May 26, 2017 11:44 am

HelloSweetie wrote: Ask Krypto who called for the ip check in the first place

I can vouch for this. HS was the first and only one who contacted me about checking the IP addresses for both users and expressed that she questioned the validity of their stories.

Kryptonite
Super Moddie

Previous

Return to Boxing Ring