• Advertisement
    

YouTube Pet Peeves

Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!! This forum has it's own set of rules. We've created this forum to minimize the arguing that occurs in the regular forums. If you are called out, it is up to you whether or not you respond. The only rules for this forum are...
1. No racial or gender/sexual slurs.
2. No posting of personal information (address, phone number, etc).
3. No flaming or "boxing" with Admin or Moddies.

Unless one of the rules have been broken, reports made about posts in this forum will be ignored.

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby ellawski » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:29 am

I hate it when they show their kids in their underwear. No privacy for the poor children whatsoever.
As previsouly mentioned, when they excuse their looks (hair, no makeup, etc)
And I'm thinking of one special YT mom when I say it makes my blood boil when they go all mom boss oh I'm working so hard this is such a demanding business
ellawski
Talker
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:18 am
Has thanked: 757 times
Been thanked: 688 times

Advertisement

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby menehune » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:01 am

I hate it when they promote something to death (issue, sponsorship, project, etc)! A tasteful mention will often leave me wanting more information. One that is overdone just has the opposite effect.

Also, the laziness just kills me... the poor Special Snowflakes are all so exhausted!
User avatar
menehune
Talker
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:22 pm
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 1226 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby sasperillo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:03 am

clickbait titles that use a pronoun instead of a name and have an unrelated person in the thumbnail so people will make an incorrect (and more view worthy) assumption. For example "she died" with thumbnail of the child of the family (when in fact a neighbor's pet lizard died) or "she peed on the floor" with a thumbnail of the twelve year old kid- when it was the two year old who peed instead. It is so obvious and predictably the comment section is full of "oh, I was so worried, I thought it was so and so who died". I guess clickbait is a common pet peeve but this type always makes my blood boil.
sasperillo
Talker
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:50 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 1083 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:46 am

sasperillo wrote:clickbait titles that use a pronoun instead of a name and have an unrelated person in the thumbnail so people will make an incorrect (and more view worthy) assumption. For example "she died" with thumbnail of the child of the family (when in fact a neighbor's pet lizard died) or "she peed on the floor" with a thumbnail of the twelve year old kid- when it was the two year old who peed instead. It is so obvious and predictably the comment section is full of "oh, I was so worried, I thought it was so and so who died". I guess clickbait is a common pet peeve but this type always makes my blood boil.

SlyFox is terrible with this. "Had To Call an Ambulance", when an ambulance just came to the fast food place across the street from where they were vlogging, and "Police Came For Her" when it was a neighbor. They also Photoshop pictures of Caspian to make it look like he got beat up, when in reality he doesn't have a mark on him. And they keep calling Jiu jitsu, "MMA", when it's not.
Sorry. You just struck a chord with me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 10160
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 52212 times
Been thanked: 50324 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby laughsatytfame » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:38 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
sasperillo wrote:clickbait titles that use a pronoun instead of a name and have an unrelated person in the thumbnail so people will make an incorrect (and more view worthy) assumption. For example "she died" with thumbnail of the child of the family (when in fact a neighbor's pet lizard died) or "she peed on the floor" with a thumbnail of the twelve year old kid- when it was the two year old who peed instead. It is so obvious and predictably the comment section is full of "oh, I was so worried, I thought it was so and so who died". I guess clickbait is a common pet peeve but this type always makes my blood boil.

SlyFox is terrible with this. "Had To Call an Ambulance", when an ambulance just came to the fast food place across the street from where they were vlogging, and "Police Came For Her" when it was a neighbor. They also Photoshop pictures of Caspian to make it look like he got beat up, when in reality he doesn't have a mark on him. And they keep calling Jiu jitsu, "MMA", when it's not.
Sorry. You just struck a chord with me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk


Clickbait sucks!!! I seem to recall it was against the rules or frowned upon by youtube till about mid 2013 on when YT seemed to really explode in a few of categories. Back then you were encouraged to report clickbait. I believe Kind Shay got smacked a couple of times with it. But now with all the money YT is making off these idiots anything goes. It's just like how they basically protect their 'content creators' when they steal and have obvious copyright infringements going on. I am familiar with the latter after battling with them over someone using a few of my songs.
User avatar
laughsatytfame
Gossiper
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:19 am
Has thanked: 5338 times
Been thanked: 3787 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby Kryptonite » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:42 pm

When YouTubers leave "Title" in their vlogs or videos instead of either deleting the subtext or titling it.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin

Image
User avatar
Kryptonite
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Location: Picture it, Sicily 1922 [email protected]
Has thanked: 239 times
Been thanked: 5882 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby saltliferocks » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:26 pm

Many of us have expressed concern over YT kids being exposed to perverts in vlogs.. Well, looks like some popular YTber just got busted for child porn. A YTuber named Austin Jones would have his underage fans prove how much they adored him by sending him explicit selfies..
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1041
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:31 pm
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 4164 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:21 am

The way sellers sponsor vlogs and _every_ vlogger has the same sponsor in a week. There will be a whole bunch of Best Fiends sponsored vlogs. This week, it's Ring Security Systems.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 10160
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 52212 times
Been thanked: 50324 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby Kryptonite » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:16 am

lmmomSD wrote:The way sellers sponsor vlogs and _every_ vlogger has the same sponsor in a week. There will be a whole bunch of Best Fiends sponsored vlogs. This week, it's Ring Security Systems.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


It's so frustrating. I wish they'd at least switch it up occasionally!

TBT to Audible, Blue Apron and NatureBox sponsored videos.
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin

Image
User avatar
Kryptonite
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Location: Picture it, Sicily 1922 [email protected]
Has thanked: 239 times
Been thanked: 5882 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:28 am

Arrrrgh. Yesterday, Family Fun Pack did a "mail haul" and showed all the crap people have sent them. They got baby clothes for the new baby. They have more money than they know what to do with. The drawings that kids send them are fine, and sweet, but they don't need stuff. Then "We Are The Davises" just moved to Laguna Niguel, one of the richest places in California. They got a new PO box, and encouraged viewers to send them stuff in hopes of getting a shout out. So the people who watch these are mostly kids, and they're going out of their way and spending their allowance to send these people who have tons of money stuff that they don't need. I wish someone would say, "we really appreciate it, but we have everything we need. Please send us letters and drawings, but no clothes or toys. If you feel like it, donate to a shelter". The greed and thoughtlessness just astounds me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 10160
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 52212 times
Been thanked: 50324 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby fossilfinger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:43 am

lmmomSD wrote:I wish someone would say, "we really appreciate it, but we have everything we need. Please send us letters and drawings, but no clothes or toys. If you feel like it, donate to a shelter". The greed and thoughtlessness just astounds me.


It is such a waste for these families to open PO boxes, because I bet they throw away the majority of the things they receive anyway. Most kids are not going to send high-quality items, and they can't have room in their homes for all that stuff, even if a lot of it is letters. Who needs 500 cheap stuffed animals?
fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:08 pm
Has thanked: 873 times
Been thanked: 4876 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby natalka81 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:51 am

lmmomSD wrote:Arrrrgh. Yesterday, Family Fun Pack did a "mail haul" and showed all the crap people have sent them. They got baby clothes for the new baby. They have more money than they know what to do with. The drawings that kids send them are fine, and sweet, but they don't need stuff. Then "We Are The Davises" just moved to Laguna Niguel, one of the richest places in California. They got a new PO box, and encouraged viewers to send them stuff in hopes of getting a shout out. So the people who watch these are mostly kids, and they're going out of their way and spending their allowance to send these people who have tons of money stuff that they don't need. I wish someone would say, "we really appreciate it, but we have everything we need. Please send us letters and drawings, but no clothes or toys. If you feel like it, donate to a shelter". The greed and thoughtlessness just astounds me.


Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Have you ever watched the Ingham Family? They're from the UK and the girls are really quite sweet and the parents are fine too but the amount of STUFF they buy is absolutely revolting. And then they also get all the crap from their viewers on top of it all. SO GROSS.
natalka81
Informer
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:27 pm
Has thanked: 1820 times
Been thanked: 1651 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:54 am

The whole push from 9 year old viewers for YouTubers to have babies-- the comments saying "Like if you think they should have a baby!" SlyFox actually asked their viewers if they should have one. Nine year olds don't understand. It's bringing a life into the world. It's not like buying a toy. It makes me so irrationally angry.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 10160
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 52212 times
Been thanked: 50324 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:46 am

Does Chick Fil A send gift cards out to vloggers? They all seem to eat there a lot, and always mention that they are going to eat at Chick Fil A. Seems like other restaurants, they just go and eat, but Chick Fil A, they make sure and mention it. A few times. "We're on our way to Chick Fil A." "Ok, now we're done with Chick Fil A, and we're going to go shopping". It's just odd... Especially since you couldn't pay me to eat there, because of the owner.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 10160
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 52212 times
Been thanked: 50324 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby natalka81 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:58 pm

lmmomSD wrote:Does Chick Fil A send gift cards out to vloggers? They all seem to eat there a lot, and always mention that they are going to eat at Chick Fil A. Seems like other restaurants, they just go and eat, but Chick Fil A, they make sure and mention it. A few times. "We're on our way to Chick Fil A." "Ok, now we're done with Chick Fil A, and we're going to go shopping". It's just odd... Especially since you couldn't pay me to eat there, because of the owner.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yes!!! I don't think we have Chick Fil A in Canada, or at least we don't have it where I am, but I can't stand even thinking about it. Is it super popular in the US or is it just over-represented on youtube? You're right, everyone seems to reference it all the time.
natalka81
Informer
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:27 pm
Has thanked: 1820 times
Been thanked: 1651 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby Kryptonite » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:13 pm

natalka81 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Does Chick Fil A send gift cards out to vloggers? They all seem to eat there a lot, and always mention that they are going to eat at Chick Fil A. Seems like other restaurants, they just go and eat, but Chick Fil A, they make sure and mention it. A few times. "We're on our way to Chick Fil A." "Ok, now we're done with Chick Fil A, and we're going to go shopping". It's just odd... Especially since you couldn't pay me to eat there, because of the owner.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yes!!! I don't think we have Chick Fil A in Canada, or at least we don't have it where I am, but I can't stand even thinking about it. Is it super popular in the US or is it just over-represented on youtube? You're right, everyone seems to reference it all the time.


It's pretty popular here. They do have really good food. Damn them. Morals > Food... (but also want chicken).
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin

Image
User avatar
Kryptonite
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Location: Picture it, Sicily 1922 [email protected]
Has thanked: 239 times
Been thanked: 5882 times

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:33 pm

I don't like their fries though. Always soggy...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 10160
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 52212 times
Been thanked: 50324 times

Previous

Return to Boxing Ring

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

  • Advertisement