YTMD Pet Peeves

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by actuallydear »

I agree with you. There have been plenty of smaller vloggers discussed on here when in reality, their channels and content have been less problematic. No one is straight up hating Bonnie, but it does seem like a huge double standard to only praise her and completely overlook certain things just because most of the time there's not an issue.

My 2 cents.
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ferriswheel »

I agree, I will never understand going off on someone because their opinion isn't that of the majority.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

People don't go off on you Alym because you don't agree with the majority. It's because you harp on and can't leave it at the one post. You are trying to convince everyone of your point, and when it doesnt work you make another post about it.

Look at today. You post here and get no answer so you post on Bonnie's board and say the same thing. Then, when no one responded, you post again.

It's not what you are saying that rubs people the wrong way... it's how combined with the hypocrisy of what you say in contrast on the other board.

Plus it was ONE person that said you shouldn't go on about the safety stuff. Not the whole board.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

HelloSweetie wrote:People don't go off on you Alym because you don't agree with the majority. It's because you harp on and can't leave it at the one post. You are trying to convince everyone of your point, and when it doesnt work you make another post about it.

Look at today. You post here and get no answer so you post on Bonnie's board and say the same thing. Then, when no one responded, you post again.

It's not what you are saying that rubs people the wrong way... it's how combined with the hypocrisy of what you say in contrast on the other board.

Plus it was ONE person that said you shouldn't go on about the safety stuff. Not the whole board.
The thing is I don't understand how I'm being hypocritical? I've mentioned multiple times that Ellie and Jared are unsafe? I've said on more than one occasion (and so have other users) that I only post on the E+J thread when I have a differing opinion because there is no point in me repeating everyone else. Isn't that the whole problem? Repetition? I avoid doing that on E+J by not posting saying the same thing 20 other people before me said. Instead, I thank the post...
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by saltliferocks »

We should have a rule that before you post about someone's bad skin, wrinkles, or how old they look for their age, you must first post a picture of yourself & age..
;)
#JokingNotJoking
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Or weight.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

saltliferocks wrote:We should have a rule that before you post about someone's bad skin, wrinkles, or how old they look for their age, you must first post a picture of yourself & age..
;)
#JokingNotJoking
That's part of the reason I try not to go after the way people look. I don't want people to see me and be like "she has no room to talk".

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

I hate it when people announce genders without a spoiler alert , when the video has been out only col hrs. Cough cough Rachaelandivy1

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Maybe I just don't care about vloggers enough but I don't really see genders or names as important enough to need a spoiler alert. But apparently that's just me
missparzival
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by missparzival »

This isn't some super popular Rv show with a crazy plot. It's a Youtube saying a gender and name.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Fair enough, it's not going to ruin my day I probably shouldn't have said anything.

annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

meaning knowing the gender won't run my day , not the fact that people disagree.

gossipingloser
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gossipingloser »

Armchair diagnosing.

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

The speech comparisons. Just stop it already.

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

gossipingloser wrote:Armchair diagnosing.

Agreed. I don't consider talking about Calvin's neck to be armchair diagnosing, but I do think Ollie's possible speech impediment is. Calvin has a diagnosis and they do not follow through with treatment. Poor baby.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ollie is actually getting better. Who knows why, but he is. I was really concerned a few months ago. We'll see how it goes. But it does seem that every kid, except Macey Gaines who is way advanced, is being called "delayed". Most of them are boys too, who do tend to talk later.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:Ollie is actually getting better. Who knows why, but he is. I was really concerned a few months ago. We'll see how it goes. But it does seem that every kid, except Macey Gaines who is way advanced, is being called "delayed". Most of them are boys too, who do tend to talk later.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Just because many of the kids aren't actually delayed, it doesn't change the fact that some are. Or, at best, that they aren't reaching their full potential.

If many of the daily discussions are going to be criticisms of a vloggers daily parenting decisions, then I do think it's natural to point out and mention the possible consequences of those poor decisions.

For example, if a child isn't being mentally stimulated and seems a bit behind the curve despite having two stay at home parents, then I do think that's worth mentioning. Sure development is a spectrum, but I don't think there's any reason why a child with two parents at home should be at the low end of normal when any issues could be noticed far earlier than a busy, working parent might.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That's true. I'm not saying that all of the kids that are suggested as being delayed aren't. Some of them definitely are. Ollie is getting better, for whatever reason, but he's definitely still delayed in my eyes. Jackson, I don't pay enough attention to (like his parents) to notice. Except that they don't correct him when he does that "ee-yo" for "yes". But you're absolutely right that a child with two stay at home parents should have every advantage as far as stimulation and help goes. There's just no excuse. They have the money and the time to invest in their child, and they're just not doing it.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
ghostgrrl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ghostgrrl »

oops, edited, wrong thread!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

People that will criticize a YTer for moving to a larger/fancier house, but then also criticize a smaller YT for having a house that's too small or not fancy enough

Return to “Boxing Ring”