I can't fashion

blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

I can't fashion

Unread post by blackbetty »

I'm on the smaller end of plus size (and losing weight) and hoping to have a job interview soon. My last few jobs didn't require me to dress up so I'm needing to get some work clothes together. I have black pants so far and need to get some tops.

I have a long torso and huge boobs so dresses are a big nope for me because I look stupid and gigantic. I have to wear two pieces to break up my long torso or I just look weird. I'm interested in finding a maxi skirt but I have NO idea what to wear with it.

Also, what kind of shoes could I wear? Keep in mind, I severely broke my leg in January in the ankle region. I now have a plate and 7 screws in my leg. With pants I definitely have to wear sneakers for awhile which I doubt will be an issue, but obviously I'm going to look extra stupid in sneakers with a skirt.

Any show that comes above my foot is not an option and I can't do heels yet either. Could I wear ballet flats? Flat sandals? I can comfortably wear flip flops but I don't think basic flip flops will be work appropriate. Could I get away with "fancy" flip flop style sandals?

Also if you have any suggestions to where to find cheap clothing for heavier people, that would be awesome! I don't expect to be the size for very long so I'm not wanting to spend a lot (and I don't have a lot either)
#FreeBen
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: I can't fashion

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

I JUST went on an interview last week and I'm on the heavier side so this is right up my alley lol.
Ballet flats are always really good, because they are black and go with everything (at least IMO).
Honestly, the BEST place to look for tops to wear for interviews is goodwill. There are at least 200 blouses L-XXL at any given goodwill, and I would say a good 50 of them are a nice solid color that flatters you but also looks really professional!
Good luck Betty! Knock 'em dead ;)
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm just worried about goodwill because I don't wanna look old and is it just me but are all plus size clothes in the ugliest patterns? Lol
#FreeBen
RubyRed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RubyRed »

Do you have any friends or family that you could borrow something from? I'm a student and I only work part time, so I'm quite low on money right now. I've also been going on job interviews lately (ok that's a lie, I've only had one but I hope to have more because I've applied to so many damn jobs!! lol)

Anyways, I'm not very good at putting together outfits or accessorizing and I definitely don't have a lot of clothes to wear on these sorts of things. So, I've been accepting hand-me-downs from my friends and one of my aunts who is a similar size. Quite often they will give me things that they just don't want anymore, but that are in good condition.

As for figuring out what to wear, I usually just go on pinterest or google and type "Interview outfits" and look until I have an idea or find something similar to what I own.

Hope that helps a little maybe?

Good luck Betty!
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

T-strap sandals w rhinestones or beading on them look great with maxis and it's dressier than flip flops. I got a cute pair of gold leather ones with rhinestones from target. The "Jane" app has daily deals and cute tops at good prices. T j maxx has decent designer brands....
wenken

Unread post by wenken »

I'm not plus size, but i think they have a plus size dresses line.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Guys, it's all good, I learned to fashion. And thanks!
#FreeBen
SaraShulman
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SaraShulman »

Look at Amazon, it should be there. I don't like offline shops, so I choose the mass market

Return to “Life”