Britneyandbaby Part 2

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Britneyandbaby PART 2

Unread post by fossilfinger »

The thing about PO boxes is that they tell your viewers what part of a city you live in. I know Charlotte is a pretty sprawling city, and she could get a PO box far from where she lives, but it will likely be at a nearby post office. I personally would not want to take that risk. I wouldn't even tell my viewers where I lived. I don't know why YouTubers do. I'm sure some viewers would figure it out, but I wouldn't just put the info out there willingly.
HeavenOnlyKnows

Unread post by HeavenOnlyKnows »

I'm still trying to figure out how she or anyone would be comfortable accepting gifts from internet strangers for their toddler and newborn. Putting aside the fact that it's tacky to ask for gifts in such a way, there are just too many crazy people in this world. I'd be terrified that someone might send me something inappropriate in the mail or that they've done something inappropriate with the gift. Just... no. Letters and cards are one thing, but handmade items? Nuh uh.

True story: I know a woman who's internet famous and she also had a P.O. box across town to receive gifts from her fans. She started getting obsessive emails from a fan turned stalker who had convinced himself he was in love with her and they were destined to be together. The stalker ended up tracking down where the P.O. box was located and drove across the country to wait for her in the post office lobby next time she picked up the mail. Thankfully she sent her husband to the P.O. box, the stalker was devastated and followed the husband's car home, and he ended up shooting himself in the head.

I know that's not a typical story but it DOES happen, maybe I'm just more cautious because I personally know someone who this happened to.
HeavenOnlyKnows

Unread post by HeavenOnlyKnows »

^No, that acquaintance of mine isn't associated with youtube- she's in the adult industry.

The scary part is that Britney has more yt followers than my acquaintance has. I don't think B realizes just how much exposure she has, and she has no clue who is watching her and what their intentions are. Yes, most people who watch yt moms are just regular viewers like us, but all it takes is one sicko. It just seems SO unwise to give people one more clue to get personal information on her. Her last name is already out there. For someone who is supposedly so conscious of her and her family's privacy, her recent actions certainly indicate otherwise.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

HeavenOnlyKnows wrote:^No, that acquaintance of mine isn't associated with youtube- she's in the adult industry.

The scary part is that Britney has more yt followers than my acquaintance has. I don't think B realizes just how much exposure she has, and she has no clue who is watching her and what their intentions are. Yes, most people who watch yt moms are just regular viewers like us, but all it takes is one sicko. It just seems SO unwise to give people one more clue to get personal information on her. Her last name is already out there. For someone who is supposedly so conscious of her and her family's privacy, her recent actions certainly indicate otherwise.
I think anyone who thinks about safety in the way you do wouldn't plaster their children on YT to begin with, honestly. It's a double edged sword for these YT-ers, they need to be attractive/charming enough to gain viewers, but with that comes the creepers.

On the PO box thing, you guys aren't realizing how much straight up JUNK they are sent. I'd guess that for every high pieces piece of baby gear, they get several dozen crappy onesies or home made items they prob want to trash (but have to pretend they love). It doesn't seem worth it after the novely wears off... But then none of YT does.
herbaltea
Informer
Informer

Unread post by herbaltea »

She's getting YT fame hungry and careless.

Let's see, what info do we as harmless viewers (or ex viewer in my case) already know about her that a creepy weirdo could use to stalk her.... She's a pretty young girl with a daughter, her significant other works long hours, she lives in or around Charlotte close by where Vanessa lives, frequents Target, Ikea stores, Chipotle, and Chick-fil-a in that area often and now she has a PO box that would help narrow down her location.
That girl is not using her brain. I'm surprised Ean agreed to let her do the PO box. Very careless.
CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CamilaCabello »

The thing that bothers me the most about this whole PO Box thing is that Britney specifically made a video to announce it. Even in the video she says she mentioned it in her 24 week update, but made another video because she wanted more people to see it. And no where in that video did she say not to send her things people bought with their own money or that big things would be returned, etc. it was very obvious she's doing this because she wants people to send her things.
mumma2one

Unread post by mumma2one »

Britney almost has more threads than Becca...maybe she should be on the front page now..
herbaltea
Informer
Informer

Unread post by herbaltea »

Does anyone know if ppl we're actually asking her for her PO box on YT, FB, Twitter or whatever social media she has? I only follow her on here now but before I stopped watching her YT's I never noticed anyone asking in the comments if she had a PO box or when she would get one. Not saying they didn't- I just personally never noticed anything like that.
dfwmom
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by dfwmom »

Return to “Britneyandbaby”