Britneyandbaby Part 3

Wagurl
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Britneyandbaby Part 3

Unread post by Wagurl »

After working in a daycare with more than 70+ children at a time in our center for over 5 years, I know exactly what Jennalovebug is saying. It is VERY hard for kids to adjust to schedules. It's hard enough when kids have a 3 day weekend and then come back to daycare/child care/school after the weekend. If a kid stays home with mom for a week, let alone months, it's going to be very hard and confusing for the child when they go back. The kids don't understand why their schedule was changed and then changed again. I found that it works better for parents to leave their kids in childcare while on maternity leave. It's hard enough on the child to adjust to a sibling, but adjusting to a new schedule and home life is even harder. Also, even if I do become a SAHM, my children will be in some sort of part time program. I know a lot of people look at the negatives of childcare, but there are positives. Children learn faster, in different ways, they learn life skills and skills that prepare them for the future. Their senses are exposed to so much more at childcare. Where I work, we have two mandarin speaking ladies and a couple spanish who are teaching the children and letting them learn their cultures. It's amazing how beneficial daycare or childcare programs can be.
dfwmom
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Britneyandbaby Part 3

Unread post by dfwmom »

Return to “Britneyandbaby”