Precious Calvin the favored child

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Precious Calvin the favored child

Unread post by actuallydear »

i have an irrational dislike for this child. everytime he appears on my screen i cringe and then skip through. it makes me feel so bad to feel this way about a child, but... when he smiles, i just can't. i have to look away.
kelsey811
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by kelsey811 »

actuallydear wrote:i have an irrational dislike for this child. everytime he appears on my screen i cringe and then skip through. it makes me feel so bad to feel this way about a child, but... when he smiles, i just can't. i have to look away.
I cannot believe any sane person would ever write this. You realize you are talking about a child. Whether or not he has a disability is none of your business and they might not even know if he does yet. It's their private life and they don't have to share every part of it. I worked with kids with disabilities and they are the most beautiful humans I have met. All of these comments are horrifying. I don't care if you don't like Ellie and Jared's parenting style.. just don't watch their videos. Keep those thoughts to yourself.
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

kelsey811 wrote:
actuallydear wrote:i have an irrational dislike for this child. everytime he appears on my screen i cringe and then skip through. it makes me feel so bad to feel this way about a child, but... when he smiles, i just can't. i have to look away.
I cannot believe any sane person would ever write this. You realize you are talking about a child. Whether or not he has a disability is none of your business and they might not even know if he does yet. It's their private life and they don't have to share every part of it. I worked with kids with disabilities and they are the most beautiful humans I have met. All of these comments are horrifying. I don't care if you don't like Ellie and Jared's parenting style.. just don't watch their videos. Keep those thoughts to yourself.
"Kelsey"...this is not the YouTube comment section of their channel. This is a page for people to discuss what they like, when they like, how they like. No one has said anything horrid or abusive. Most is just speculation and genuine concern. If you don't like it, don't read here.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

She said she feels bad about it, and 7 people (including me) liked her comment, so obviously others of us feel that way too. We're not happy about it, but there it is. There's somethIng about him that's off putting. Part of it is the result of Ellie obviously favoring him. No need to bash AD for it.
My daughter has special needs, and she's beautiful to me. But I wouldn't have uploaded footage of her screeching and expected everyone to love her.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ellie posted an IG story with a turtle swimming, and she says "Hi baby turtle! You make me miss my Calvin!" No word about missing Jackson...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

Re: Calvin being special needs.

Honestly, when he was born and up until recently I thought Calvin had a type of dwarfism. He looks like a lot of the children that I've seen who have certain types of dwarfism syndromes. Of course his physical development has stopped me from thinking that exactly, but he still does have some characteristics in terms of facial features.
I do think that he probably has some delays or perhaps a syndrome, it could be from the lack of nutrients that he received as an infant or the fact Ellie's doctor thought that she would miscarry Calvin due to some genetic reason we might not have known about.

But yeah, something is so off about Calvin and I just can't put my finger on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Does anyone else think he has low set ears? Sometimes I think he does, and sometimes I think it's just the filming angle. Low set ears are a definite red flag.

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Theresa wrote:So, really unpopular opinion here, but I don't think it's weird they put Jackson on a different floor then them. My parents build rooms for my brother and me in the attic when we were three and never had any problems.

My baby sleeps in a room downstairs while my husband and I sleep upstairs; has been so since she was just born. I found that not constantly being near her has made her sleep better than my friends who co-slept with their children through the night. Of course we have a baby monitor, but just the basic one with sound.

Fires and other emergencies are extremely rare and if I remember the layout of their house correctly, Ellie and Jared would likely get Jackson out through his window instead of going all the way through the house.
What makes it odd us that Jackson and Calvin are only about 18 months apart in age and they are split up, with Calvin upstairs and Jackson downstairs. Why not put them both downstairs or both upstairs? It seems like they are going to have more children than bedrooms so they are going to be sharing anyways. The way it stands, Jackson seems to be pushed away while Calvin is embraced. By the way, my kids all slept better without me on the same floor as well.
Theresa
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Theresa »

I think my point was that people read way too much into this, while it's just convenience. The nursery upstairs, other kids downstairs. Calvin will move down when the next kid comes. Also, when you have the room, why not give each kid it's own? Probably makes sleep training much easier too.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:The other thing they do to Calvin's detriment as far as speech is concerned, is to not encourage him to use his words. He screeches for something, and they give it to him. They never (from what I've seen anyway) say "Ask nicely", or "Use your words" Even if he doesn't know the words for what he wants, trying to talk will help him.

It begs the question, how do you expect him to speak if you don't expect him to speak? If you are fairly sure he wants a cookie, ask him "do you want a cookie?" And then prompt him for a "yes please" or a "no thank you". If he comes close to a yes or a nods his head yes, prompt him again for an oral "Yes, please" and reward him. I'd be alarmed if a little one were scream and shriek at me. Somewhere down the line he got the impression that was acceptable behavior and it's not unless you are scared witless or are in a great amount of pain.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Theresa wrote:I think my point was that people read way too much into this, while it's just convenience. The nursery upstairs, other kids downstairs. Calvin will move down when the next kid comes. Also, when you have the room, why not give each kid it's own? Probably makes sleep training much easier too.
Calvin should be sleeping through the night, and before they moved he was sleeping through the night. So why not put them both downstairs in a room of their own? Ellie has a history of unusual behavior with Calvin. He was nearly a year old before he got to see that there was more to life than looking at the ceiling. She didn't sit him up in her lap at the table, he either layed him in a rocker, on the floor, or laid him in her lap. She didn't give him so much as a rattle to play with. She neglected to treat him in an age or developmentally appropriate manner. At the time, the board was of the opinion that Ellie was not trying to meet Calvin's needs, ie she failed to seek medical attention for two separate episodes when she claimed he wasn't able to breathe. Instead, she was trying to use him to meet her own needs. And, in the mean time, Jackson was pretty much shunned by his mother. In fact, I just read that Ellie expressed the fact that she missed Calvin over social media and didn't say boo about Jackson. Do you not agree that that is a bit odd? If, in fact, there was another kid to put in the basement with Jackson, I might feel differently and agree with you.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Precious Calvin the favored child

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

E&J chose the house design and intentionally built a house where their 2 year old would have his room in the basement. They planned for Cal to have the bright and beautiful main floor bedroom near theirs, and for Jackson to have the dark rear-facing basement bedroom. That is an odd choice for sure. It's fine for children to sleep on different floors from their parents, but it isn't right to so obviously favour one over the other. This was the perfect home they envisioned. Favouritism was definitely at play.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

I was wondering about the bedrooms. I assumed they were sharing​ a room. Seems like an odd design to choose. Why wouldn't you put 3 bedrooms on the main level, office in the basement. I personally would not put a toddler on a different floor. My dad lost his adult cousin in a fire because he couldn't get out of the basement.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”