Precious Calvin the favored child

nugget12
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Precious Calvin the favored child

Unread post by nugget12 »

Has anyone ever wondered why Ellie visibly favors Calvin over Jackson? It is very obvious to many viewers. I remember when Calvin was a baby she stating " he is more sensitive and needs me more".i know every baby is different and every nursing journey is different but she did co-sleep and nurse him a lot longer then Jackson. She also had Jackson in his own sleeping space much quicker. What is crazy is Jackson was their miracle baby after years of infertility I would think Ellie would have much more affection and patience for him. Yes Calvin was a surprise but I have heard of many stories of couples going through infertility getting pregnant and then the second time is easier your body " gets it" and you get pregnant faster or on your own. It is just sad I honestly think she made Calvin the clingy child he is today. Poor Jackson not getting the same attention and affection from his mother. Sleeping in the basement all alone which is so cruel and unsafe at his young age if there ever was a fire or an accident. While Calvin is upstairs with right next to his parents " Ellie" with Jackson's special nursery toy George the giraffe. what does everyone think about this? Your thought?
ellawski
Talker
Talker

Re: Precious Calvin the favored child

Unread post by ellawski »

Totally agree. Don't get the reasons why she would favor any of her children. But its ridiculous, so obvious to absolutely everyone who watches, even if you just watch ONE video. I never really liked them, but lately is worse, I watch once a week, or less.
I feel so bad for Jackson, I am an only child so I never experienced that first hand, but the reason I am an only child is basically because my mom did. She gets along pretty well with her only sister, but my grandparents always favored her so much compared to my mom, that I truly believe it affected their relationship. It's so sad. I hope she notices what she's doing, or if she does, I hope she cares enough to change it. For Jack's sake, and also future children (except if she has a girl, cause she will absolutely make that baby her favorite)
I'm just done with "Ellie" can you tell? lol
Sorry for the rant
ellay
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ellay »

ellawski wrote:Totally agree. Don't get the reasons why she would favor any of her children. But its ridiculous, so obvious to absolutely everyone who watches, even if you just watch ONE video. I never really liked them, but lately is worse, I watch once a week, or less.
I feel so bad for Jackson, I am an only child so I never experienced that first hand, but the reason I am an only child is basically because my mom did. She gets along pretty well with her only sister, but my grandparents always favored her so much compared to my mom, that I truly believe it affected their relationship. It's so sad. I hope she notices what she's doing, or if she does, I hope she cares enough to change it. For Jack's sake, and also future children (except if she has a girl, cause she will absolutely make that baby her favorite)
Sorry for the rant
That's exactly why I'm an only child, my grandparents did the same thing to my mom and she decided to only have one kid for that reason.

Ellie totally knows what she's doing, she even admitted favouring her youngest because he's more "fragile" :roll: . Jackson is too young to realise Calvin is her favorite, but it won't take long for him to notice and get jealous of his brother and resent him. He is such a sweet little boy, it makes me so sad to watch Ellie constantly ignore him. Calvin isn't even cute and it seriously pisses me off to see him whining with those fugly ass teeth all the time. I wonder if Ellie's behaviour towards Cal is going to change once she gets a girl. Mormons keep popping out kids so she's bound to have one at some point.
nugget12
Talker
Talker

It is so obvious it's strange I know so many families who have more then one child for ex: my grandmother had 4 kids and loved them all to the moon and back there was no favoritism even with having only one girl. It's just sad to watch I can't even think about what it is like for Jackson being in that basement alone, what's going on in his little mind. It's sad yes they have material things but that doesn't make up for the love of a mother..
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

The shit hit the fan when Calvin was born. Ellie went psycho, Jared overcompensated by kissing her ass no matter what she says or does and poor sweet Jackson is pushed aside.

Ellie makes Calvin unlikable, I know I can't stand the kid.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

nutbagmcgee wrote:The shit hit the fan when Calvin was born. Ellie went psycho, Jared overcompensated by kissing her ass no matter what she says or does and poor sweet Jackson is pushed aside.

Ellie makes Calvin unlikable, I know I can't stand the kid.
I agree 100%. I don't think the favouritism even has much to do with Cal though, I think it's more of an Ellie issue. He needs her, and she sees that as a way to get attention and a reflection of her worth. Jackson was pushed onto Jared, so he isn't need her anymore. She only has the attention span for one child. As soon as she's pregnant again, poor Cal will be shoved aside. He might even become the least favourable child because he'll have visible issues, and he's not as endearing to others.
Gaydur
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Gaydur »

ellay wrote:
ellawski wrote:Totally agree. Don't get the reasons why she would favor any of her children. But its ridiculous, so obvious to absolutely everyone who watches, even if you just watch ONE video. I never really liked them, but lately is worse, I watch once a week, or less.
Sorry for the rant
That's exactly why I'm an only child, my grandparents did the same thing to my mom and she decided to only have one kid for that reason.

Ellie totally knows what she's doing, she even admitted favouring her youngest because he's more "fragile" :roll: . Jackson is too young to realise Calvin is her favorite, but it won't take long for him to notice and get jealous of his brother and resent him. He is such a sweet little boy, it makes me so sad to watch Ellie constantly ignore him. Calvin isn't even cute and it seriously pisses me off to see him whining with those fugly ass teeth all the time. I wonder if Ellie's behaviour towards Cal is going to change once she gets a girl. Mormons keep popping out kids so she's bound to have one at some point.
I think Jackson totally realizes that Calvin is a favorite. Kids sense these things from very early on. He has been acting out quite a bit lately, pooping his pants, pooping in the play area, biting his dad and being super loud wanting attention. I think it definitely has some affect on him seeing how Ellie treats Calvin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

A while back Calvin stopped breathing. It has happened twice that I can recall, and she did jack shit about it. He is the favorite child because she's afraid something will happen to him, so she think he needs more snuggles and stuff. Jackson, of course, gets pushed to the side and is subjected to sleeping in the basement. I feel so bad for Jackson. They have more than enough rooms upstairs that he could have his room in :(
Gaydur
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Gaydur »

I was very surprised when I saw their housetour that the office was upstairs but Jacksons room was in the basement. Why not keep the office downstairs just like Ellies office and have Jackson upstairs? Or just have both boys in the same room atleast for a few months while Jackson is getting used to the new house.

nugget12
Talker
Talker

Ya the whole 3 year old in the basement really bugs me.
nugget12
Talker
Talker

zipadeedodah wrote:A while back Calvin stopped breathing. It has happened twice that I can recall, and she did jack shit about it. He is the favorite child because she's afraid something will happen to him, so she think he needs more snuggles and stuff. Jackson, of course, gets pushed to the side and is subjected to sleeping in the basement. I feel so bad for Jackson. They have more than enough rooms upstairs that he could have his room in :(
The whole way the breathing issues were handled odd. Most people would rush to the ER even if the child started breathing again. Very Bizarre.
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

Her favoritism just makes her avoidance of his PT appointments that much stranger. You would think she would move heaven and earth to be there for previous Calvin, who she sacrificed sleep and whatever else for, but God forbid she has to miss a pedicure
nugget12
Talker
Talker

kittypurry wrote:Her favoritism just makes her avoidance of his PT appointments that much stranger. You would think she would move heaven and earth to be there for previous Calvin, who she sacrificed sleep and whatever else for, but God forbid she has to miss a pedicure
I think she is selfish but also is probably keeping an image she knows her fans are onto her about favoritism so maybe it was to show she can stay with Jackson or I think the big thing is her accepting something is wrong with Calvin.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

Gaydur wrote:I was very surprised when I saw their housetour that the office was upstairs but Jacksons room was in the basement. Why not keep the office downstairs just like Ellies office and have Jackson upstairs? Or just have both boys in the same room atleast for a few months while Jackson is getting used to the new house.
I also found that bizarre. Calvin's room is big enough that they could share without any problems and this way E+J are close enough to hear if they wake up at night with a nightmare or get into trouble. I can remember being sick and wetting the bed and being terrified of walking across the house in the dark to wake my mom up in the middle of the night. Even worse if I had a nightmare. That was probably true until I was six or seven. I can only imagine how scared a little three year old can get!
Snarklover
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Snarklover »

kittypurry wrote:Her favoritism just makes her avoidance of his PT appointments that much stranger. You would think she would move heaven and earth to be there for previous Calvin, who she sacrificed sleep and whatever else for, but God forbid she has to miss a pedicure
I wonder if it's a control issue. When your child is with the PT, you have to let them have the control. You have to watch or even participate in activities that may make your child unhappy because it is for their own good. Maybe Ellie can't handle somebody else calling the shots.

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Snarklover wrote:
I wonder if it's a control issue. When your child is with the PT, you have to let them have the control. You have to watch or even participate in activities that may make your child unhappy because it is for their own good. Maybe Ellie can't handle somebody else calling the shots.

I think there is definitely something to this. Anyone who watches should be able to discern that Ellie has a deep-rooted need to control everything. She would have to relinquish that in a therapy session, as well as watch or actively participate in exercises that may upset Cal. It shouldn't hurt him, but little ones sometimes get upset, and Cal is after all a special snowflake. What's funny (by which I mean sad) is that the sessions would have been easier for Calvin early on if his mother had attended.

But to accept that the treatment is valid, she would need to let go of all the bullshit, accept that weekly chiropractor visits are not actually an adequate or valid treatment for torticollis, etc. Which would require her to acknowledge that she screwed up.

I really can't understand why the stretching exercises weren't done at home. They are supposed to be done every few hours, like at every diaper change. We saw Jared do them with Calvin once, and it was never mentioned again.

A devoted fan would assume the best, that they did the exercises all along and just never showed or mentioned it again. But then his neck would have improved a good deal. I have no doubt that Jared was willing... Was Ellie too territorial to let Jared do the stretches with him? Or too ignorant to, God forbid, do them herself.

Shitty treatment of her favorite child. But totally in line with her theoretical narcissism. She doesn't love or favor him as an actual person with qualities and issues (and illnesses) of his own. She loves him as an extension/reflection of herself, that meets her need to get lots of snuggles, be the absolute center of someone's universe, etc. That is what she loved about breastfeeding - he depended on her to keep living, literally. Hell no, she doesn't want Jared to bottle feed him... That might confuse his idea of who he is supposed to worship and adore as he gets bigger.
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

Tort is even more passive than doing stretches at diaper changes. My niece has a mild case of tort, and we simply try to stimulate her on the side that she doesn't favor (so when we talk to her we make sure she's turning her head in the direction she doesn't like. We put toys on the side that she won't turn her head towards). My sister even has it set up where PT comes to her house (this is mainly because my niece was premie and can't be out too much, but it's still an option). This is more than just lazy parenting. It's negligence.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

usernamessuck wrote:Tort is even more passive than doing stretches at diaper changes. My niece has a mild case of tort, and we simply try to stimulate her on the side that she doesn't favor (so when we talk to her we make sure she's turning her head in the direction she doesn't like. We put toys on the side that she won't turn her head towards). My sister even has it set up where PT comes to her house (this is mainly because my niece was premie and can't be out too much, but it's still an option). This is more than just lazy parenting. It's negligence.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yes! It was discussed at the time that they only ever seemed to lay Cal down so he would turn his neck in the one direction, and that they never tried to encourage movement in the opposite direction. He spent most of his time in the Mamaroo watching tv, or E&J in the kitchen. They could have at least had the chair positioned to encourage him to stretch the other side.

Some mothers actually enjoy having a "special" child. It's entirely possible that it started out about Ellie being ignorant and not wanting to acknowledge the Tort (it was reflux that took him to the Chiro). After he remained clingy and needy however, I'm sure Ellie enjoyed the extra attention she was getting by his needing her so much, and that's probably become an incentive to keep him her special little guy.... even if it cripples him.

Like others have said though, I bet that ends the second she becomes pregnant again and needs to rest and get more pedicures. It's not actually about Cal at all.
CoffeeLovinMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CoffeeLovinMama »

zipadeedodah wrote:A while back Calvin stopped breathing. It has happened twice that I can recall, and she did jack shit about it. He is the favorite child because she's afraid something will happen to him, so she think he needs more snuggles and stuff. Jackson, of course, gets pushed to the side and is subjected to sleeping in the basement. I feel so bad for Jackson. They have more than enough rooms upstairs that he could have his room in :(

I have to even wondering if the breathing problem actually happened. A real parent would have been on the phone to 911 and taken him to the hospital immediately! I have to think she made it up to get attention but it just made her look like a piece of garbage. I also feel so very sorry for the kind of relationship she is going to have with Jackson as he gets older. While they are "preserving" all these memories on tape to look back on later in life, Jackson will come to understand just how much he was pushed aside.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Hi guys! Reading here has been my guilty pleasure for some time now, and I finally caved and made an account haha.

First of all, can we just talk about how extremely annoying the love fest between Ellie and Calvin in today's vlog was when they walked in the door? I agree with you guys, Calvin gets on my nerves even though it's irrational and he's just a baby, but the way Ellie enables him to act the way he does has made me annoyed with him. Jackson wanted equal loves from E+J, but Calvin was a leech on Ellie and you know she was loving every second of it.

In reguard to the pillow coloring scene where Jackson says, "I coloring too", I've noticed him saying these things soooo often lately. I'm not an expert on kids behavior, but kids typically only say these things when they feel like they're lacking attenton, and the fact that we hear Jackson saying these things so often now is very telling.

Lastly, (and the main reason I created an account because I couldn't not say something) HOW RIDICULOUS was it in the scene in the backyard where Jacksons jumping around being cute, yet Ellie chooses to film Calvin. What was the point of even filming him?? He literally wasn't doing anything except pouting for no reason like he always does. UGH it's SO annoying and frustrating.

No one likes watching a child that is constantly bratty, it's not cute. I wonder if, among other reasons, calvin's developing ugly personality is a reason why their numbers have been decreasing. They've become less appealing now that their adorable, smiling newborn has turned into a bratty, whiny toddler.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”