E+J - Extreme Makeover: Ice Palace Edition / Part 19

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J - Extreme Makeover: Ice Palace Edition / Part 19

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I don't think their dining area would hold a much bigger table. Which is strange, as my perception is they picked the layout, finishes, and furnishings to impress people - both IRL and on YouTube. If I wanted to show off, you can be sure there would be plenty of seating for a large amount of guests.

E+J are also proponents of children being seated separately at a "kiddie table" if there are guests.

I always wanted a table with one bench, but then my gatherings tended to be of a very casual nature anyway.
chipmunks
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by chipmunks »

the griffiths don't have a big dining table, so none of the kids have them either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KeepingItReal07
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KeepingItReal07 »

vVv wrote:I am Vincere, but I managed to lock out of my account, 'cause I am smart like that.

Anyway, how come they have a million dollar custom-built house but don't have a table that can sit more than 6 people?
I agree! What were they thinking. With all the entertaining they plan to do plus the sue of their family, you'd think they would have a bigger table. So strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

KeepingItReal07 wrote:
vVv wrote:I am Vincere, but I managed to lock out of my account, 'cause I am smart like that.

Anyway, how come they have a million dollar custom-built house but don't have a table that can sit more than 6 people?
I agree! What were they thinking. With all the entertaining they plan to do plus the sue of their family, you'd think they would have a bigger table. So strange.

Or at least a few fold up camping tables or something that they can pull out for special occasions. They have 5 kids, all of them are married and they all have 2+kids each. It doesn't make sense to not have a backup table or 2 for when they are hosting all of their family.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

winniewise wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote:
Vincere wrote:
I don't get why Shari get a bracelet but the other girls didn't!
Yes it was very unfair for a 13 year old to get a tiffany bracelet! Maybe when she is 18 she can get expensive gifts with the adults..
Considering the Griffith girls are brought up to be married off by 18 with the first of many babies popping nine months later, I thought (from Jennifer's perspective [cringe]) she felt Shari is now a 'young woman' seeing as she's reached her teenage years. :?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

KeepingItReal07 wrote:

I think they could do this or have a long table if they moved their living room furniture around and by adding tables, but I think the Griffiths have had a children's table for all times and you see Ellie's parents not have room for a large gathering.

On another note, Jared's mom wooden homemade toys were beautiful. Those are the gifts which will carry a special meaning for a lifetime when your grandparents are no longer with you.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Their thumbnails have become so cheesy! They are one sitcom style intro away from actually being Daily Bumps.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Those wooden toys crafted by Jared's mom were amazing. She is very talented and thoughtful. They are keepsake items for sure, but can actually be played with by rough and tumble kiddos too. I feel like there would definitely be demand if she opened an Etsy shop, but it's possible those items take too long to perfect to ever be considered profitable.

Ellie was so weird while opening her gravy boats and hearing the poem. Just a very dry "I love them all" comment that would have been gracious if there had been a single iota of sentiment in it. Ellie would be so, so hard to buy for - especially now that she has the income to immediately order whatever she wants. I'm generally not the biggest fan of gift cards, but if I had to buy for her, that's probably what she'd get.

Other than that, their Christmas Eve vlog wasn't as annoying to me as their regular dailies. They finally edited out Cal's whining (because there's no way he really didn't whine at all).

I'm basically experiencing Christmas vicariously through YouTube, so I wish someone would break out a bottle of Jack Daniels. Can you imagine the turn their holiday would take if all these people who never drink got tipsy? Hahahah the truth would come out!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J - Extreme Makeover: Ice Palace Edition / Part 19

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Prediction: they will continue to call their house NEW in the vlog titles until it's over a year old.

Then Ellie will start staying they are outgrowing their home and will start looking to build again. The title NEW seems to have an odd significance to them.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

RecklessDisregard wrote:I'm basically experiencing Christmas vicariously through YouTube, so I wish someone would break out a bottle of Jack Daniels. Can you imagine the turn their holiday would take if all these people who never drink got tipsy? Hahahah the truth would come out!
I would pay hard cash to see that! :D
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Lmao, E+J didn't film the gifts they got one another. That was probably smart, especially if the gifts were extravagant, which they probably were.
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

I was pleasantly surprised with the normal amount of gifts both of the boys received.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
cocogogo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cocogogo »

I didn't hear him mention that his mom and dad made the bikes.. did he say in the vlog?
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

cocogogo wrote:I didn't hear him mention that his mom and dad made the bikes.. did he say in the vlog?
Ellie mentioned it, just to ask if Jared's mom had made the gifts. Jackson got a wooden trailer with little painted wooden cars that fit together kind of like a puzzle, and Calvin got a little fabric farmhouse bag with painted wooden farm animals. They were SOOO cute.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Everyone in the comments was praising them for the amount of gifts and thanking them for not spoiling their kids like the daily bumps. Lol

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

They did pretty good this year. They actually got age appropriate toys for each kid but they didnt go overboard like the daily dumps lol

CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

The laughing at Aunt Linda for not knowing people's names seemed a little mean to me...but that was a lovely present from Ellie.
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

I was impressed by the gifts. Good amount. Nothing overboard like others. I seriously adore Jared's mom and the effort she made in making those toys, they were beautiful.

I am 100% over this whole "new home", "new puppy" business.
nugget12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nugget12 »

CallieT wrote:The laughing at Aunt Linda for not knowing people's names seemed a little mean to me...but that was a lovely present from Ellie.

Yes it did to me too. Sort of sad.
nugget12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nugget12 »

[q

I wouldn't have hated the rock pillows so incredibly much if there had been more fun stuff on Christmas morning for Jackson. If they want to pay insane prices for pillows, that's still nowhere close to the "spare no expense" attitude of some other YouTubers, and I do get why they thought Jackson might like them (just not why they didn't include more actual toys). I am really not concerned about the dollar amount, but it was sad to see Jackson trying to play with Calvin's gifts and being redirected to the pillows and cheap bath melts that Ellie insisted he loved.

When did the rock pillows happen? I thought he already had them? I am behind on vlogs but I haven't seen this yet?

Return to “Ellie and Jared”