E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Ellie said the special nod to Jackson in the painting was that there was 3 owls to signify that he got the mural for his 3rd birthday. It might have been better if maybe there was a giraffe, which seemed to be Jackson original animal theme they had for him, but they seem to have forgotten that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

rdt1004 wrote:Ellie said the special nod to Jackson in the painting was that there was 3 owls to signify that he got the mural for his 3rd birthday. It might have been better if maybe there was a giraffe, which seemed to be Jackson original animal theme they had for him, but they seem to have forgotten that.

I think to a three year old, a giraffe or mural is insignificant in his life. The kitchen set will the highlight with his birthday...that was a nice high quality wooden kitchen set. I image it was a bit of money too.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ceirsten8676 wrote:Ellie hasn't posted a happy birthday to Jackson yet but Jared did. She's so self-centered and I bet Special Snowflake CalvinImage will get a super special birthday post from Special Snowflake EllieImage but Jackson gets nothing.

Someone is going to have to explain the Calvin thing to me. My premise is Jackson is a great kid and appears easy to be around with a normal smile (trying to be nice here with Calvin). Jackson doesn't whine and is cooperative especially for his age. In fact, I think they've vlogged him more lately due to his good nature personality and he talks. Calvin, let's just say he is an ok kid, but he is whines due to his age so I am not seeing the favoritism and I don't think Calvin is a bad kid either. He is under two which is not an easy age group.

So, I have open the can of worms here (more than one today)...I am just not seeing the favoritism and if there is any, it sure hasn't affected Jackson who continues to be a great kid. The only thing I wouldn't have done at his age is having him sleep in the basement. I just think he is too young to be this far away from parents. I also think Jared is closer to Jackson, but that is just my perception. I think this has to do with his above average motor skills that means Jackson is a natural at skating and skiing and I think both Jared likes to do too.

I have a Jackson, he could easily have been a favorite due to the fact he is thoughtful, has a great personality even now as an adult and he was like this since day one.
millercoop
Talker
Talker

Unread post by millercoop »

Did anyone notice that Ellie looked exactly the same before and supposedly after church in today's vlog? Her hair was pulled up exactly the same in the clip. I just thought that was weird

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

tratra58 wrote:
Ceirsten8676 wrote:Ellie hasn't posted a happy birthday to Jackson yet but Jared did. She's so self-centered and I bet Special Snowflake CalvinImage will get a super special birthday post from Special Snowflake EllieImage but Jackson gets nothing.

Someone is going to have to explain the Calvin thing to me. My premise is Jackson is a great kid and appears easy to be around with a normal smile (trying to be nice here with Calvin). Jackson doesn't whine and is cooperative especially for his age. In fact, I think they've vlogged him more lately due to his good nature personality and he talks. Calvin, let's just say he is an ok kid, but he is whines due to his age so I am not seeing the favoritism and I don't think Calvin is a bad kid either. He is under two which is not an easy age group.

So, I have open the can of worms here (more than one today)...I am just not seeing the favoritism and if there is any, it sure hasn't affected Jackson who continues to be a great kid. The only thing I wouldn't have done at his age is having him sleep in the basement. I just think he is too young to be this far away from parents. I also think Jared is closer to Jackson, but that is just my perception. I think this has to do with his above average motor skills that means Jackson is a natural at skating and skiing and I think both Jared likes to do too.

I have a Jackson, he could easily have been a favorite due to the fact he is thoughtful, has a great personality even now as an adult and he was like this since day one.
She favors Calvin a lot. As soon as he was born Jackson had to grow up. I definitely see her allowing a lot more things with Calvin then she did with Jackson and in general she seems to pay more attention to Calvin, which could just be because he's younger and demands more attention, or because of favoritism.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

millercoop wrote:Did anyone notice that Ellie looked exactly the same before and supposedly after church in today's vlog? Her hair was pulled up exactly the same in the clip. I just thought that was weird

I was confused about that whole timeline too.. i was thinking maybe the shower leaking happened right before church so they didnt end up going? Because E&J were never dressed up. Joel was all dressed up when they went to find a part for the leak..

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

whys0seri0us wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

She favors Calvin a lot. As soon as he was born Jackson had to grow up. I definitely see her allowing a lot more things with Calvin then she did with Jackson and in general she seems to pay more attention to Calvin, which could just be because he's younger and demands more attention, or because of favoritism.
It is hard to tell...all I'll say is if she has a girl, all bets are off. Image

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
millercoop
Talker
Talker

marshmallowfluf wrote:
millercoop wrote:Did anyone notice that Ellie looked exactly the same before and supposedly after church in today's vlog? Her hair was pulled up exactly the same in the clip. I just thought that was weird

I was confused about that whole timeline too.. i was thinking maybe the shower leaking happened right before church so they didnt end up going? Because E&J were never dressed up. Joel was all dressed up when they went to find a part for the leak..

That would make sense! You're probably right..

IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

marshmallowfluf wrote:

That church member a while back did say they don't actually go as often as they imply they do. Maybe this is a good example.

It's a good thing Ellie got a stylist to help her buy some new tasteful clothes. Too bad she didn't throw her damn onesie away too!
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Sorry if this was already brought up but it just occurred to me: Why give Jackson a birthday present that both boys will equally use? Wouldn't it have been better suited as a Christmas present??

I don't think this is the first time they've done something like this too.

IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Sorry if this was already brought up but it just occurred to me: Why give Jackson a birthday present that both boys will equally use? Wouldn't it have been better suited as a Christmas present??

Just as Ellie shared Bonnie's birthday present, Calvin gets to share Jackson's ;)

I really feel bad for Jackson. I remember his first birthday and how much it seemed E&J absolutely adored him. I still can't believe how it changed instantly. As a mother myself, I just can't imagine what must have happened for Ellie to prioritize Calvin's emotional needs so much over Jackson's. A mother's heart is supposed to grow to accommodate the new baby... I feel like Ellie pushed Jackson away. Yes Jared seems closer to Jackson, but that won't make up for a crappy dynamic with his mother.

I just hate that he's been a "big boy" since the second Calvin was born. He's still so young, and shouldn't get treated like he's not still a little guy just because he's bigger than his brother! Calvin gets coddled like he's a special little baby still and he's much older than Jackson was when Ellie felt safe to ignore him because he was a "big kid."

Maybe this is all a good argument for why you shouldn't get pregnant when you still have a baby....
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

On IG you can see Jackson got a Spider-Man toy figure. Good! He did at least get something from E&J that was his alone
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Sorry if this was already brought up but it just occurred to me: Why give Jackson a birthday present that both boys will equally use? Wouldn't it have been better suited as a Christmas present??

If you have two kids close in age and same gender...this stuff happens.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

IceCreamCone wrote:

Just as Ellie shared Bonnie's birthday present, Calvin gets to share Jackson's ;)

I really feel bad for Jackson. I remember his first birthday and how much it seemed E&J absolutely adored him. I still can't believe how it changed instantly. As a mother myself, I just can't imagine what must have happened for Ellie to prioritize Calvin's emotional needs so much over Jackson's. A mother's heart is supposed to grow to accommodate the new baby... I feel like Ellie pushed Jackson away. Yes Jared seems closer to Jackson, but that won't make up for a crappy dynamic with his mother.

I just hate that he's been a "big boy" since the second Calvin was born. He's still so young, and shouldn't get treated like he's not still a little guy just because he's bigger than his brother! Calvin gets coddled like he's a special little baby still and he's much older than Jackson was when Ellie felt safe to ignore him because he was a "big kid."

Maybe this is all a good argument for why you shouldn't get pregnant when you still have a baby....
You see this in a ten minute vlog. I think you have to be family or see the family in real life to make this assumption.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:

You see this in a ten minute vlog. I think you have to be family or see the family in real life to make this assumption.

I disagree. We've seen 10 minutes every day since Cal was born, and not just any 10 minutes, but the absolute best picture they can paint. Over time, you can get to know a Vlogger very well. Some of us know DB so well now we can even anticipate and predict big decisions they will make.

We saw what was expected of Jackson at a certain age, and again what they expected of Cal. Ellie herself has acknowledged treating Cal differently. Its not just assumption.

I encourage you to watch a couple of vlogs from before Cal was born, and then a couple from say a month after. Ellie's attitude towards Jackson is obvious. Even in only 10 minute a day increments.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

tratra58 wrote:

If you have two kids close in age and same gender...this stuff happens.

I mean sure, I would understand if it was Jackson's present to go in Jackson's room and inevitably both boys would play with it. But it just seems a little weird to give a 3 year old a present in a common area and then to also talk about how much fun his brother is going to have with it, you know?

I'm not saying E+J are evil for giving Jackson (aka the boys) a play kitchen. I just think it's strange they chose to gift this for his birthday when it's equally a present for both of them, not really for Jackson :/

millercoop
Talker
Talker

So I'm kind of new to watching Ellie and some of her sister's families.. but I was curious about their relationship with their mom. It's weird right? They all seem like they're always trying to impress her and make everything perfect for her. Like they have to clean up before she comes over.. I just found that so weird. Is that a Mormon thing? Or just a Griffiths thing?

menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

millercoop wrote:So I'm kind of new to watching Ellie and some of her sister's families.. but I was curious about their relationship with their mom. It's weird right? They all seem like they're always trying to impress her and make everything perfect for her. Like they have to clean up before she comes over.. I just found that so weird. Is that a Mormon thing? Or just a Griffiths thing?

I clean up before my mom comes over, but that's because I know she's a neat freak and I don't want to hear any comments :? I don't feel like I have to clean up though.

I've just joined the board, but I know there is a thread about Narcissism that I think had a discussion going about their mom. I'm sure you can find more opinions there. I agree its an odd dynamic and don't quite know what to make of it.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

I'm surprised Calvins turtle is covered up
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017011 ... 77ac21.png[/img]

Would it be too much to expect her to make a post about someone else for once and not include MY? I mean, sure it's her IG, but there are probably kinder words she could have said more Jackson specific.

And totally nitpicking here, but I truly hate that carpet. Both Bonnie and Ellie have grandma-like taste in some things.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”