E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Unread post by Vincere »

Advertisers no longer choosing vloggers who have questionable behaviour is still no direct solution to protecting children's rights on the Internet/YT.
It seems that a lot of them do no "vet" the YTbers properly before, it makes no sense to advertise a high range car to a channel that has a demographic of 13 year olds.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Vincere wrote:Advertisers no longer choosing vloggers who have questionable behaviour is still no direct solution to protecting children's rights on the Internet/YT.
It seems that a lot of them do no "vet" the YTbers properly before, it makes no sense to advertise a high range car to a channel that has a demographic of 13 year olds.
You make a good point. I wonder if Chrysler knows who they are supporting?
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Vincere wrote:Advertisers no longer choosing vloggers who have questionable behaviour is still no direct solution to protecting children's rights on the Internet/YT.
You make a good point. I wonder if Chrysler knows who they are supporting?
My assumption is that they saw the number of subscribers and they think it correlates to viewers, which it does not.
And that they think that the children watch the vlogs with the parents, and show the parents: "Have many kids, fit them in this car".
Also, it could be that it's much cheaper than traditional advertising (TV, ads), they give them a free car and it has continuous exposure.
But overall, it makes no sense and I would be shocked if they don't ask for the YT analytics before making a deal.

Disney promoting a new show on Daily Bumps makes perfect sense, but not weight loss products on EJ.

Edited to add.
If the kids are watching the videos from their parent's account, the demographic could be skewed and would show an older audience than it actually is.
Moreover, the minimum age for YT and all social media accounts is 13, so I am sure all the kids have fake accounts with random ages.
I am not sure if Google corrects that or it allows it to think it's an adult watching the video.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Can't edit previous post.

I looked into how Google calculates demographics and the idea is that they only report from 18 up.
So you can't see that your audience is 90% 13 years old because it shows no data there.
The demographics graph they see looks like this:
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

malpal25 wrote:Anyone see this on Ellie's twitter? YIKES.
It makes me sick to my stomach how Ellie sees nothing wrong with the footage/actions. They are so undeserving of the lifestyle they live. $51,000 a month to be ignorant, disgusting, close-minded people who only care about themselves. I feel bad for the kids.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

HelloSweetie wrote:
winniewise wrote:
winniewise wrote:
I wonder if this tweet is in response to E+J's reaction to baby butt face.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
It says "When people say things and you get super defensive, that's an area of your life you should probably work on. Bro, do you even introspect?"
It could be, but Randy has stuck up for Bryan and Jared on things before. He's also kinda friends with Cullen. I'd be surprised if he was talking about that, even if it did bother him. Seems like a bad business move, as well as a personal one.

YTers tend to stick together. Almost like they don't want to ruin the fun. Even when they do have a knee jerk reaction and speak out about something they always seem to take it back later.
It just seemed so coincidental! But you're probably right.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Re today's vlog and the screaming, fanclubbiness (good word, eh?), and overall craziness: This has to be an act by Jared, right? I mean, there's no way a grown man would behave like this off camera. He is deliberately trying to appeal to the 7-12 year old girl crowd and thinks this is the best way to go about it, right? Right? Please say I'm right because it's bad enough as an act, but if it's real- God help him! I feel mean, but wow it's SO BAD.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

lmmomSD wrote:One more post: on C&K, when they squeeze into the Uber, and Jared has to squish next to Joel, he says "This is going to be a good ride". Snort.
The trip is probably why Jared insisted on Joel getting his Xmas pressie barber's shave done a couple of days before..
And honestly, why does Jared have to share a hotel room with Joel? It's not like either of them are lacking funds.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Vincere wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:If they are making $600,000+ a year, then paying someone about $60,000/year to edit all the videos would be a bargain and then they don't have to work!!
Hiring a professional will make the video SO much better, they are really basic editing right now.
And that in turn might make them even more money.

Holding a camera to their face, is what they call "work", next step hire a professional camera-man.
There are vlogger's out there who've done this already with smaller channels (Jon Olsson, Mimi & Alex Ikonn)
so I'd be surprised if the oh_SO_famous_YouTubers_E&J didn't go this route too. They're far too busy and important to be spending time editing now. (Insert eye roll)
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:
Vincere wrote:It's not in YT's interest to ban these kind of vlogs.
If you want change then talk with politicians to create better laws.

Europe made a law called "Right To Be Forgotten" where every person can tell Google to take them off from the search results and Google actually complies with it.
I see your point. Legislators could write laws to protect children. Another way would be their advertisers who don't look for this type of controversial topic be part of their product with people bringing it to their attention.
Last post and kinda OT-ish:
The Saccone Joly's in the UK have had big brand sponsors drop them precisely for that reason, Asda for one (like Walmart in the USA). Jonathan Saccone Joly has done several videos over recent months complaining about haters contacting brands and complaining about him and that he thinks that's wrong because it's how he makes his living.

He's unable to see (or ignores) the questionable content he put's out there regarding his kids safety and that it's this that makes people feel concerned enough to contact anyone working with them. Even CPS has become involved but Jonathan says there's nothing wrong and that they have an open relationship with them. I'm not sure CPS would follow up on being contacted by a random member of the public if they didn't feel they needed to, they're often over worked and under staffed. CPS even contacted the Saccone Joly's because they did a chubby bunny challenge video with their 2 and 4 y/o. I dunno, just sharing what's been on their thread during the last year, not GG, another one on Free Forums.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

staceybrax wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Cgl33 wrote:I'm so disturbed by Jared's behavior in the vlog, that I literally stake when I see it. I would never allow my kid around him. Just the ease and excitement he showed pulling down his nephew's pants. I even showed my mom without saying anything, including that I do not like them, to see if I was overreacting. She said "that's weird", "why would he do that", "that's disturbing", and "he's a bit of a pervert".
I feel the same way. I can never look at him the same way again. He used to be annoying af to me and now he is annoying and creepy af.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder what all the minions would say if it was Olivia who he rubbed his face all over. Or even Cody. They seem to think it's fine because Lincoln is a baby and it's "cute" but what would they say if it happened to a 7 year old girl. What would Bonnie say then?

She would say that's why you need your nails good and strong so you can scratch the perverts eyes out

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Vincere wrote:Can't edit previous post.

I looked into how Google calculates demographics and the idea is that they only report from 18 up.
So you can't see that your audience is 90% 13 years old because it shows no data there.
The demographics graph they see looks like this:
Fixed it for ya, google.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Jared goes away and comes home with a gift for Ellie... A bracelet for her trip and a bracelet to represent Calvin... And noooo Jackson. Nice and typical

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Did you all see Jared in Cullen's vlog at the airport? They all squeezed in the back of the Uber, and Jared was practically in Joel's lap. And he said , "This is going to be a good ride". One of them could have sat up front....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

calliepaige84 wrote:Jared goes away and comes home with a gift for Ellie... A bracelet for her trip and a bracelet to represent Calvin... And noooo Jackson. Nice and typical ImageImage
That alone shows that Jared understands and knows the score within his family dynamic and makes me lose more respect for him, because he chooses to propagate rather than confront it. #BackboneAbsent
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

He got her a sand-dollar pendant to remember her about a trip that she didn't have yet...
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Vincere wrote:Image

He got her a sand-dollar pendant to remember her about a trip that she didn't have yet...
It's a closet gay guilt trip thing (even if nothing happened on said trip) in Jared's eyes.
malpal25
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by malpal25 »

A bracelet to represent Calvin but not one for Jackson. Surprise, surprise. Can't wait to see how Calvin is with Jared for a week.
Luna Lovegood
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Luna Lovegood »

Fun fact: I have dislexia and just today I noticed the title said E+E and not E+J XD I literally laughed so much I chocked!
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

lmmomSD wrote:Did you all see Jared in Cullen's vlog at the airport? They all squeezed in the back of the Uber, and Jared was practically in Joel's lap. And he said , "This is going to be a good ride". One of them could have sat up front....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Wasn't Bryan's sister in the front?

Return to “Ellie and Jared”