E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

blahblahblahhh wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017011 ... 3d76f0.png[/img]

I mean, this was just a random Calvin post. Not even a special occasion. And it seems like it actually came from a mom who is crazy about her kid. Jacksons birthday post sounds like it's from a relative who doesn't know what to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The most notable thing about that picture for me, is that it's more or less posed and not just candid. Ellie had Jared take the picture so she could post it, and they were sure to (of course) get Ellie in the shot as well. I guess taking a nice birthday picture of Jackson would have been too much effort though.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by tratra58 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Sorry if this was already brought up but it just occurred to me: Why give Jackson a birthday present that both boys will equally use? Wouldn't it have been better suited as a Christmas present??

I don't think this is the first time they've done something like this too.

If you have two kids close in age and same gender...this stuff happens.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I mean sure, I would understand if it was Jackson's present to go in Jackson's room and inevitably both boys would play with it. But it just seems a little weird to give a 3 year old a present in a common area and then to also talk about how much fun his brother is going to have with it, you know?

I'm not saying E+J are evil for giving Jackson (aka the boys) a play kitchen. I just think it's strange they chose to gift this for his birthday when it's equally a present for both of them, not really for Jackson :/

You know I think that Jackson is such a good kid, and especially good to his brother, I don't think he'll noticed his gift will be shared. That is a darn nice kitchen set. I don't believe I've ever seen Jackson be mean to his brother or cousins.

I don't know what the motive was to get the kitchen set. Did he asked for it or was it something E+J felt he like, who knows. But honestly, I don't see this as a big deal.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

HelloSweetie wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017011 ... 77ac21.png[/img]

Would it be too much to expect her to make a post about someone else for once and not include MY? I mean, sure it's her IG, but there are probably kinder words she could have said more Jackson specific.

And totally nitpicking here, but I truly hate that carpet. Both Bonnie and Ellie have grandma-like taste in some things.
I feel like this style of carpet might b popular in their area. Sounds weird, I know, but I swear Samika has the same carpet in their rental. At least of the stairs. Weird square patterned carpet.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Start at 1:40ish and tell me Ellie hasn't changed? Jackson was her entire world and she adored him.

PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

rdt1004 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017011 ... 77ac21.png[/img]

Would it be too much to expect her to make a post about someone else for once and not include MY? I mean, sure it's her IG, but there are probably kinder words she could have said more Jackson specific.

And totally nitpicking here, but I truly hate that carpet. Both Bonnie and Ellie have grandma-like taste in some things.
I feel like this style of carpet might b popular in their area. Sounds weird, I know, but I swear Samika has the same carpet in their rental. At least of the stairs. Weird square patterned carpet.

They do!!! I just noticed that in a recent Samika vlog. So weird!! Maybe that type of carpeting is made and sold in Utah?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Start at 1:40ish and tell me Ellie hasn't changed? Jackson was her entire world and she adored him.

This is the vlog I always think back on as my favourite! Ellie was actually fun and entertaining, and I thought she'd be such a good mom to Jackson. Money and ego really changes people.
liveyourlife22
Talker
Talker

Unread post by liveyourlife22 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Start at 1:40ish and tell me Ellie hasn't changed? Jackson was her entire world and she adored him.

Yes! This is the blog that made me subscribe to them. I just rewatched it and actually laughed out loud. She was such a good mom to Jackson before she made him grow up too fast!
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:

This is the vlog I always think back on as my favourite! Ellie was actually fun and entertaining, and I thought she'd be such a good mom to Jackson. Money and ego really changes people.
There are changes and the sweet young "funny" mom is not what she shows today in vlogs. I also looked at their first Christmas vlog with Jackson and E+J were opening up simple inexpensive gifts for each other and they seemed very happy. I have not been a fan of Ellie since her incident in Walmart and thought she may have a mean side to her and this was also seen during the house building with a passive aggressive manner with construction workers. I can see how some would miss this young mom who had a good sense of humor from the vlog you posted.

If you asked me if money has changed them, based on earlier vlogs to what they show today with all their purchases, I'd say yes. Would it change any of us if we came into money, I don't know, but it is quite possible. They made these earlier vlogs for memories and it might be good for them to go back and see their original vlogs to remember these humble beginning times.

*On a side note, if I purchased a tee shirt for a campaign with her aunt, I think you are right and it would be considerate of E+J to tell their audience how the campaign went..a way of thanking those who donated and they had the platform to do this. I don't know if an update on her aunt's condition was possible since Ellie would need her permission.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

So about the kitchen set that is for both boys... I agree Jackson is a good-natured boy and too young to resent this anyway. It would have made a lovely Santa gift for both boys, and I feel confident that Ellie prioritizes Calvin's enjoyment over Jackson's, even on J's birthday. I find it very unlikely though that Calvin's next birthday will consist of a mural and a large gift to share. It's like George the Giraffe all over again.

I definitely do see the favoritism. When E+J came home from Seattle, she was very over-the-top in greeting Calvin with an extended kissfest, and had very little interest in greeting Jackson. She has an entirely different tone of voice and body language when talking to or about Calvin. I'm sure that Cal's health scares are a contributing factor, but I also think it had to do with having breastfed him for much longer than Jackson. All the nights she stayed up late rocking and soothing him come to mind as well. Ultimately, she just has a much stronger bond with the clingy younger son who "needs" her and physically resembles her, than she does with friendly little Jackson who has so much of Jared in him.

As to how damaging it will be for Jackson... Who knows? He's certainly not the first kid to be pushed aside by his mom in favor of a younger sibling. Jared is really actively involved in raising him and I am sure Jackson will grow up to respect and identify with his dad. There are worse things in the world than being the lesser-favored son in an upper middle class family that has all of their needs met and a million fans around the world.

Yesterday I watched the video in which Jackson first started scooting/crawling... The Ellie I saw in that vlog was very different from the woman she is today. It makes me wonder if Cal has other health concerns beside the torticollis... But it would be hard for daily vloggers to hide the evidence of huge life-threatening illnesses in a baby/toddler. If it wasn't a more worrisome health scare, then why was his first 18 months "so hard"? And why has Ellie aged 15 years? To say that they were changed by money seems like an incomplete answer. But it's a shame that 2014 Ellie is gone.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Vincere wrote: Travelling: to mommy dearest (grandma) and back.
Plus they are Mormons when they travel they don't assimilate the different culture but they try to impose theirs. Kinda like barbaric people.
Aka, the DB's in London, England. But with the missionary add on.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Vincere wrote:
whatashitshow wrote:Edited to add: why doesn't their ice palace have a heated garage?
Because it would melt the ice palace, duh.
I'm learning not to be drinking a drink of any kind when reading this thread. Result! One splatter free screen today. :D

Q: Why does the hello bit of the hello room relate to Cal?
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:(pet peeve time, someone PLEASE tell Ellie (and Missy for that matter) that there is a difference between a friend and someone you hired to do work for you. I feel like they do that to disguise spending money. Like if it's my friend that is doing then then i didn't have to pay for it.. )
The expression Ellie's hired help makes when Ellie says the hired help is her friend -

On re watching the mural vlog, apparently Jackson's shout out piece is a pink cupcake on a blue saucer. I don't think he understood the concept of what he chose and why because of his age. There are many other thing's, heck even some large rocks along the base of the mural would have been more relevant to Jackson's likes and interests.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:Would it be too much to expect her to make a post about someone else for once and not include MY? I mean, sure it's her IG, but there are probably kinder words she could have said more Jackson specific.
That short sharp statement sounds like a mic drop. I can even hear her saying it.
crowmtmom78 wrote: You know what she did? She read on here that someone said that Jared posted a birthday picture and she hadn't, so she hurried up and did it. I can't wait to see what she will post for Calvin's birthday? She will probably do that one first thing in the morning.
She'll probably get the United States Poet Laureate to write it.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Allow me to translate her birthday wish:
Happy birthday, Jackson. You made me rich!

She mentions her "friend" who did the painting but she doesn't tag her on instagram or says her website, just Ashley.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I went back to just a couple of vlogs and the ones that might explain how Ellie treats Calvin differently is "It Happened Again" and "He Stop Breathing." I am paraphrasing here with these vlogs saying Ellie sees Calvin has more needs than Jackson and she catered to him due to this. I don't think this is a good reason, and she doesn't ignore Jackson, but it might explain why she mothers like she does. Now that they've passed the health crisis with Calvin, he still seems like a needy toddler, whereas Jackson has always been the easy going child and I even see how they expect him to look out for Calvin too. There could be worse things for Jackson and Jared is the mitigating factor with the time he spends with him since his job is at home. My guess is Jackson will grow up with many friends and the teachers will enjoy having him in their class.

If you ask me how money has changed them, the change I see is in their channel and the significant purchases they made as twenty something year olds. The Christmas vlog (Jackson's First Christmas) is such a change from the frugal budget they once had to the materialistic world that has become part of their daily life. The house became a production for their vlogs and the building budget for the most part had no limits. It said to me they had hit it big with their channel which changed the tone from a simpler time in a townhouse or apartment. I also couldn't image in 2014, they would lead an IVF contest which is directly and/or indirectly connected to their YouTube channel.

Today, they strive to portray this perfect family in the perfect house with the perfect dog which leads me to the next chapter which is their third child Ellie states "when I have my girl." This is perplexing to me because I would think she just be grateful for achieving a pregnancy and carrying a healthy baby without the focus on gender due to her history. Statistically, after having the same gender twice, they have a slightly greater chance of having a third boy so I wonder if she would be disappointed if she had three sons?
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

liveyourlife22 wrote:

Yes! This is the blog that made me subscribe to them. I just rewatched it and actually laughed out loud. She was such a good mom to Jackson before she made him grow up too fast!
He was such a chubby cutie. Ellie was also alone with him all day with no money to spend so that's probably why she was so in love with him. He was her entire world.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

RecklessDisregard wrote:So about the kitchen set that is for both boys... I agree Jackson is a good-natured boy and too young to resent this anyway. It would have made a lovely Santa gift for both boys, and I feel confident that Ellie prioritizes Calvin's enjoyment over Jackson's, even on J's birthday. I find it very unlikely though that Calvin's next birthday will consist of a mural and a large gift to share. It's like George the Giraffe all over again.

I definitely do see the favoritism. When E+J came home from Seattle, she was very over-the-top in greeting Calvin with an extended kissfest, and had very little interest in greeting Jackson. She has an entirely different tone of voice and body language when talking to or about Calvin. I'm sure that Cal's health scares are a contributing factor, but I also think it had to do with having breastfed him for much longer than Jackson. All the nights she stayed up late rocking and soothing him come to mind as well. Ultimately, she just has a much stronger bond with the clingy younger son who "needs" her and physically resembles her, than she does with friendly little Jackson who has so much of Jared in him.

As to how damaging it will be for Jackson... Who knows? He's certainly not the first kid to be pushed aside by his mom in favor of a younger sibling. Jared is really actively involved in raising him and I am sure Jackson will grow up to respect and identify with his dad. There are worse things in the world than being the lesser-favored son in an upper middle class family that has all of their needs met and a million fans around the world.

Yesterday I watched the video in which Jackson first started scooting/crawling... The Ellie I saw in that vlog was very different from the woman she is today. It makes me wonder if Cal has other health concerns beside the torticollis... But it would be hard for daily vloggers to hide the evidence of huge life-threatening illnesses in a baby/toddler. If it wasn't a more worrisome health scare, then why was his first 18 months "so hard"? And why has Ellie aged 15 years? To say that they were changed by money seems like an incomplete answer. But it's a shame that 2014 Ellie is gone.
You explained a good deal with Ellie's past and one area I wondered about also is her appearance since she looked like a kid herself in 2014 and now looks like she is in her thirties. Does anyone know why she looks so different in just two years since you generally don't see this when you are still in your twenties. If you look at her sister Julie who has similar looks, she hasn't changed that much.

I think the Ellie you saw in the early vlogs will not be back, so I agree this is unfortunate to see.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Maybe they got Jackson the kitchen because Ollie got a kitchen for Christmas? Got to keep up with the Lannings! And since they've had all this snow, and all these fun snow related vlogs, and cute footage of Penny in the snow, of course DB had to go to Big Bear. These people don't have an original thought in their heads!
I have used the "changed my life" line in birthday posts for my kids, but I have always said "for the better", and posted a lot more about how wonderful they are. I can't imagine posting just two little sentences. Especially if my livelihood was based on social media.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Jackson is such a sweet and smart little boy. He looks like he had a good birthday.
larissaledingham
Informer
Informer

Unread post by larissaledingham »

People say missy is desperate for a girl going by what I've heard in the vlogs the last few days ellie is more desperate for a girl and for that I hope she gets all boys

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”