• Advertisement
    

E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby navarjul000 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:46 pm

(I haven't been on here in a couple days, it feels like... I had some serious catching up to do!)

For the person who asked, I actually like Bonnie, for the most part. But I enjoy her vlogs, she seems much kinder and warmer than Ellie, and I'm actually still subscribed to her. The only griffiths channel I still watch regularly. (:

Also, I saw this come up a lot a little bit ago, and as someone who is 5'1 and weights 93 lbs. Ellie does not look healthy, imo. That's not considering the camera tends to add some weight. I'm naturally skinny and probably always will be, considering I have a shortage of the ghrelin hormone, which makes you hungry, have a metabolism that is wayyyy faster than it should be, and my mother weighs only 102 pounds after 3 children. But neither my mom nor I have ever looked that thin. I really wish Ellie would go back to the gym, it seemed to have increased her appetite and she was looking healthier then... :/ Or at least try to get back to how she was after the pregnancy with Jackson, she looked so healthy!
navarjul000
Amateur
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Advertisement

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby CallieT » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:27 pm

lmmomSD wrote:She thinks she looks like _Jackson_? Nope. Jackson is much cuter. She looks just like Calvin, though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk


I think maybe this was posted pre-Calvin?
CallieT
Amateur
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:25 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 321 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby navarjul000 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:01 pm

CallieT wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:She thinks she looks like _Jackson_? Nope. Jackson is much cuter. She looks just like Calvin, though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk


I think maybe this was posted pre-Calvin?


I was thinking the same thing, but I went and checked for myself and it appears the picture was posted when Calvin was about 8 months old in January.
navarjul000
Amateur
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby Scar2016 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:29 am

Pency wrote:Oh my, how embarrassed must Ellie be for running out of flour??? Don't all the Griffiths have enough dry goods to last them through a nuclear winter? I bet she's on Jennifer's naughty list.

Has Ellie shown her dry store? Is it the pantry room off of the kitchen? Not very big if so. Ah, this is Ellie we're talking about. There's probably 100 years worth of food in that small room judging by her portion sizes lol.
~ ~ ~ :zz: I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee: ~ ~ ~
User avatar
Scar2016
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1158
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:06 pm
Has thanked: 1211 times
Been thanked: 5523 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby Enchantedbybeautyy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:40 am

Scar2016 wrote:
Pency wrote:Oh my, how embarrassed must Ellie be for running out of flour??? Don't all the Griffiths have enough dry goods to last them through a nuclear winter? I bet she's on Jennifer's naughty list.

Has Ellie shown her dry store? Is it the pantry room off of the kitchen? Not very big if so. Ah, this is Ellie we're talking about. There's probably 100 years worth of food in that small room judging by her portion sizes lol.


I believe there's a room in the basement for it.
Enchantedbybeautyy
Talker
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:19 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1121 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby tratra58 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:23 am

workfromhomemom wrote:I think it's funny that Lydia said not to thin shame and then talks badly about Joel and Bonnie's weight, who look perfectly healthy to me. Wow...


They would all (Jared, Bonnie, Joel) be classified as being overweight.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:21 am
Has thanked: 12777 times
Been thanked: 5941 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:39 am

tratra58 wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote:I think it's funny that Lydia said not to thin shame and then talks badly about Joel and Bonnie's weight, who look perfectly healthy to me. Wow...


They would all (Jared, Bonnie, Joel) be classified as being overweight.


Joel jogs every morning and works on projects all the time. He is in no way unhealthy from what I have seen. When everyone is always talking about the Vlogger husbands needing to get in shape and do more, I think Joel is pretty much the only one that does do these things. Plus he is in no way overweight.

I think it's dangerous to discuss Ellie's potential eating disorder, but then turn around and nitpick anyone who has an ounce of fat on their body as overweight. Jared, Joel and Bonnie don't have any apparent health issues. Ellie and Bryan's weight is often discussed because there are apparent health issues.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:33 am
Has thanked: 7102 times
Been thanked: 32115 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby rdt1004 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:03 am

millercoop wrote:[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161230/c9ab810e3a32d075a8593bd142040074.jpg[/img]

This is a really old picture on Ellie's instagram.. but I know where Calvin gets his looks from.... lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can kinda see Jackson here. It's the eyes. I think Jackson has Ellie's eyes and sometimes his facial expressions mimic hers but Calvin definitely looks just like Ellie, more than Jackson does.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
rdt1004
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:04 pm
Has thanked: 9427 times
Been thanked: 2055 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby tratra58 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:04 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote:I think it's funny that Lydia said not to thin shame and then talks badly about Joel and Bonnie's weight, who look perfectly healthy to me. Wow...


They would all (Jared, Bonnie, Joel) be classified as being overweight.


Joel jogs every morning and works on projects all the time. He is in no way unhealthy from what I have seen. When everyone is always talking about the Vlogger husbands needing to get in shape and do more, I think Joel is pretty much the only one that does do these things. Plus he is in no way overweight.

I think it's dangerous to discuss Ellie's potential eating disorder, but then turn around and nitpick anyone who has an ounce of fat on their body as overweight. Jared, Joel and Bonnie don't have any apparent health issues. Ellie and Bryan's weight is often discussed because there are apparent health issues.


Looking at the recent hot tub deal, Joel is overweight, but not obese and they don't eat healthy. They don't have the health issue like you stated...yet and I don't see either Bonnie or Joel exercising.

My point in my response was they are not the perfect picture of health and I wasn't comparing them to Ellie.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:21 am
Has thanked: 12777 times
Been thanked: 5941 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:44 pm

Is he not allowed to post pictures including just the boys? I wonder if Ellie was annoyed that Penny was also featured more prominently

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161231/d27f9741466ddb12cc3f476a30bd1563.png[/img]
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:33 am
Has thanked: 7102 times
Been thanked: 32115 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:57 pm

A normal parent would have told them not to get up and stand on the window ledge in the first place. But I'm sure a picture of the butt shot was more important [img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170101/4d4a5a10df228996a1f10fb0ec86867d.png[/img]
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:33 am
Has thanked: 7102 times
Been thanked: 32115 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby jaieao » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:34 pm

rdt1004 wrote:
millercoop wrote:[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161230/c9ab810e3a32d075a8593bd142040074.jpg[/img]

This is a really old picture on Ellie's instagram.. but I know where Calvin gets his looks from.... lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can kinda see Jackson here. It's the eyes. I think Jackson has Ellie's eyes and sometimes his facial expressions mimic hers but Calvin definitely looks just like Ellie, more than Jackson does.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I TOTALLY see Jackson in that pic. I see both Jackson and Calvin really, but ever since watching the older home videos of the Griffiths, I've always thought she and Jackson look a lot alike.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jaieao
Amateur
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:30 pm
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 169 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby aral12 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:15 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:Is he not allowed to post pictures including just the boys? I wonder if Ellie was annoyed that Penny was also featured more prominently

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161231/d27f9741466ddb12cc3f476a30bd1563.png[/img]


To be fair you don't choose the photos, it's the 9 photos with the most likes of 2016.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
aral12
Gossiper
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:21 am
Has thanked: 13527 times
Been thanked: 2433 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby aral12 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:15 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:Is he not allowed to post pictures including just the boys? I wonder if Ellie was annoyed that Penny was also featured more prominently

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161231/d27f9741466ddb12cc3f476a30bd1563.png[/img]


To be fair you don't choose the photos, it's the 9 photos with the most likes of 2016.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
aral12
Gossiper
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:21 am
Has thanked: 13527 times
Been thanked: 2433 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:05 pm

aral12 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Is he not allowed to post pictures including just the boys? I wonder if Ellie was annoyed that Penny was also featured more prominently

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161231/d27f9741466ddb12cc3f476a30bd1563.png[/img]


To be fair you don't choose the photos, it's the 9 photos with the most likes of 2016.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Fair enough. I'm surprised there weren't more likes on the photos with just the kids.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:33 am
Has thanked: 7102 times
Been thanked: 32115 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby HelloSweetie » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:53 am

I think we will definitely see E&J trying to attract more viewers this year. Their channel is in trouble. Social Blade estimates that Bonnie and Ruby are earning the same numbers as E&J, despite having half the subs. They also have no network to share it with. Either R&B are saving an awful lot, of E&J are overspending. E&J have fallen in the Social Blade rankings as well. Jared has to be aware of this...

Ellie and Jared: 3,762

Bonnie and Joel: 3,534

8 Passengers (Ruby): 2,269
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:33 am
Has thanked: 7102 times
Been thanked: 32115 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby ja14 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:12 am

I think E&J saved a lot of money for a while. They knew they were building and knew an estimate of what they were spending. So I don't think they are having financial trouble... however, in the YouTube business I don't think they are ever satisfied with what they have and need MORE!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ja14
Informer
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:07 am
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 1068 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby nutbagmcgee » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:23 am

Just yesterday Bonnie posted a video about her herpes, today she is sharing fondue with 5 other people. Dipping her food, eating it off the fork and then redipping it. They were all doing it, I can't see her getting a new fork everytime. Ugh.
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:04 am
Has thanked: 4350 times
Been thanked: 8584 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby lmmomSD » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:50 am

Ewww. Let's share it with everyone! Boundaries are for wimps.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 8207
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:08 am
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 41081 times
Been thanked: 38632 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby KeepingItReal07 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:51 am

Watching today's NYE vlog. The kids in the hot tub footage really bothers me. Everything from shaking their bums for Jared, to the snow angels, to the almost nude shots. I dunno, it really got under my skin. That's for personal consumption, not for thousands of viewers to see. Gross.. ugh


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KeepingItReal07
Amateur
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:12 pm
Has thanked: 579 times
Been thanked: 154 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby HelloSweetie » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:15 am

KeepingItReal07 wrote:Watching today's NYE vlog. The kids in the hot tub footage really bothers me. Everything from shaking their bums for Jared, to the snow angels, to the almost nude shots. I dunno, it really got under my skin. That's for personal consumption, not for thousands of viewers to see. Gross.. ugh


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I agree. The picture she posted yesterday already didn't sit well with me. It felt like a preview that there would be bathing suit footage with "cute baby bums" on the next vlog. That, combined with the video footage was too much. I really feel sorry for these children. Their lives aren't all being captured on tape, to an extent it's all being manipulated in a weird and gross fashion.

Ever since they've moved into the new house I've felt the hot tub shots of Jackson aren't careful enough. In fact, I feel like some have been close up and intentional. In the summer when they clogged him in a bathing suit it didn't bother me as much because he used to wear a rash guard and the other bottoms seemed less revealing. It's all just so gross to think about.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:33 am
Has thanked: 7102 times
Been thanked: 32115 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby staceyeileen » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:27 pm

Dailybuzz24 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I watch a Vlogger with Cystic Fibrosis who is at least 10 pounds heavier than Ellie (similar height) but under doctor's orders to drink shakes to put on weight. She has a serious illness and is exhausted most of the time, but you wouldn't really know it watching the vlogs because she only vlogs when she's in the more active part of her day.

It is possible to be healthy and thin, but it is also possible to be healthy and heavier. I am not one of the posted that routinely body shames any type, but I most definitely will call out health concerns if I see them.


If it's the Frey Life you should check their thread under the A-M section of Guru Gossiper.



Damn. I don't usually read much on GG so maybe I'm not used to that level of vitriol. Those people seem unusually means towards such a sick woman.
staceyeileen
Informer
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:10 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 1519 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby OnAPlaydate » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:32 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
KeepingItReal07 wrote:Watching today's NYE vlog. The kids in the hot tub footage really bothers me. Everything from shaking their bums for Jared, to the snow angels, to the almost nude shots. I dunno, it really got under my skin. That's for personal consumption, not for thousands of viewers to see. Gross.. ugh


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I agree. The picture she posted yesterday already didn't sit well with me. It felt like a preview that there would be bathing suit footage with "cute baby bums" on the next vlog. That, combined with the video footage was too much. I really feel sorry for these children. Their lives aren't all being captured on tape, to an extent it's all being manipulated in a weird and gross fashion.

Ever since they've moved into the new house I've felt the hot tub shots of Jackson aren't careful enough. In fact, I feel like some have been close up and intentional. In the summer when they clogged him in a bathing suit it didn't bother me as much because he used to wear a rash guard and the other bottoms seemed less revealing. It's all just so gross to think about.


I'd believe your comment more if you didn't seem to always bend over backwards to hand wave Bonnie pulling similar stuff with her kids on her channel.
OnAPlaydate
Informer
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:30 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 501 times

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby tratra58 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:15 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:I think we will definitely see E&J trying to attract more viewers this year. Their channel is in trouble. Social Blade estimates that Bonnie and Ruby are earning the same numbers as E&J, despite having half the subs. They also have no network to share it with. Either R&B are saving an awful lot, of E&J are overspending. E&J have fallen in the Social Blade rankings as well. Jared has to be aware of this...

Ellie and Jared: 3,762

Bonnie and Joel: 3,534

8 Passengers (Ruby): 2,269


I agree not sharing them with a network has to be a positive. I predict Ruby will surpass both of these channels with the amount of kids that follow her and she is the next to build or buy a new house. Ruby is getting more views than any of them too.
But in the end, they are all making six figures so nothing to complain about.

On a different note, I like Ruby's viewers better since they will hold her accountable for making dump parenting mistakes and when pointed out by a viewer, the others don't attack her and say it is none of your business. I think at times this has help her kids when she does what they point out.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:21 am
Has thanked: 12777 times
Been thanked: 5941 times

E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Postby HelloSweetie » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:24 pm

OnAPlaydate wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
KeepingItReal07 wrote:Watching today's NYE vlog. The kids in the hot tub footage really bothers me. Everything from shaking their bums for Jared, to the snow angels, to the almost nude shots. I dunno, it really got under my skin. That's for personal consumption, not for thousands of viewers to see. Gross.. ugh


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I agree. The picture she posted yesterday already didn't sit well with me. It felt like a preview that there would be bathing suit footage with "cute baby bums" on the next vlog. That, combined with the video footage was too much. I really feel sorry for these children. Their lives aren't all being captured on tape, to an extent it's all being manipulated in a weird and gross fashion.

Ever since they've moved into the new house I've felt the hot tub shots of Jackson aren't careful enough. In fact, I feel like some have been close up and intentional. In the summer when they clogged him in a bathing suit it didn't bother me as much because he used to wear a rash guard and the other bottoms seemed less revealing. It's all just so gross to think about.


I'd believe your comment more if you didn't seem to always bend over backwards to hand wave Bonnie pulling similar stuff with her kids on her channel.


Nope. I've seen crotch shots of Jackson who is no longer in a padded swim diaper. I've defended Bonnie saying her kids butts are cute in passing when people said it was pervy. Most moms do that. If you can find a post where I've said it's ok to expose your child to internet predators then feel free to call me out. As for the posting of pics, I have her the benefit of the doubt because she's a smaller channel. E&J were given the same, but lost that earlier with bathtub thumbnails and tags after being directed to those videos on a pedi playlist. Bonnie has lost that benefit of the doubt with me too.

I'm one of the few members that participate in the MO thread discussing this. I'm not ok with any intentional exposure. Just as I now expect more of Bonnie since it appears to be intentional, I've called E&J out since. It's the inference that they are pedophiles that I object to, since I as a mother have made similar comments.

I have never take crotch shots of my children, and have said many times that even my boys always wear rash guards.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 8242
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:33 am
Has thanked: 7102 times
Been thanked: 32115 times

PreviousNext

Return to Ellie and Jared

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AutumnLeaves3 and 14 guests

  • Advertisement