Proof They Read Here

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Proof They Read Here

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Why do you think im not in the lgbt community? You have no idea who i am personally. Just because i dont think its HORRIBLE for someone to have their own beliefs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Why do you think im not in the lgbt community? You have no idea who i am personally. Just because i dont think its HORRIBLE for someone to have their own beliefs?

Well, are you?
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Why do you think im not in the lgbt community? You have no idea who i am personally. Just because i dont think its HORRIBLE for someone to have their own beliefs?

It isnt horrible to have your own beliefs. Of course not. The reason the Chik-Fil-A controversyy happened is because the CEO gives large amounts of money to anti-LGBT orgs, you can believe two men should not be married and still not be "anti-LGBT" If you dont think two men should marry and you're a man dont fucking marry another man., End of story.
If you are anti-LGBT you think that somebody else should not have equal rights and sorry but that makes you disgusting.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

marshmallowfluf wrote:Im not religious myself, but i think everyone is allowed to have an opinion without being called a homophobe. The CEO of chickfila has no say in whether or not gays can get married so why do people care so much? I know more people (in my town anyway, im sure utah is much different) were just standing up for freedom of religion and not because they "hate gays"

It isnt becaus they just make a few rude comments about LGBT, Chik-Fil-A donates over one million dollars a year to a Christian fellowship that makes all its members follow a strict guideline that includes prohibiting "homosexual acts". In the last ten years or so they have given over 5 million dollars to known HATE groups and groups that perform "anti-gay" therapy on teens. Th founder of Chik Fil A also admitted he would fire an employee if he found out said employee was gay... need I say more? Does that sound like "having an opinion without being called a homophobe"? The CEO doesnt have any say in gay rights you are correct about that but they sure make it their mission to try and have a say.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

^^^And that "gay conversion therapy" can include electroshock therapy. And believe me, that DOES hurt people.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:^^^And that "gay conversion therapy" can include electroshock therapy. And believe me, that DOES hurt people.

It hurts people physically and mentally. Can you imagine being 15 and questioning your sexuality and the two people in the world who are supposed to love you th most send you away to gay conversion therapy....
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:^^^And that "gay conversion therapy" can include electroshock therapy. And believe me, that DOES hurt people.

It hurts people physically and mentally. Can you imagine being 15 and questioning your sexuality and the two people in the world who are supposed to love you th most send you away to gay conversion therapy....
Nope, can't imagine. It must be awful. I'm lucky to have a wonderful, loving family. Won't go into all the details, my parents were part of the "Greatest Generation", and still were awesome that way. We had openly gay friends of the family when I was growing up.
My nephews are gay, and at our first family reunion after the first one came out, he was very worried about his reception. Nobody said or did anything that might be even the least bit hurtful. I just wish everyone could have that kind of family.

ughpleasee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ughpleasee »

Lol since when is freedom of religion supporting a homophobic company? They have the right to be Mormons, and they have the right to say whatever they please. However, that doesn't make them any less homophobic. Is not right to wish harm to others, which Chick-Fill-A does.

After that horrendous video I've decided to unsubscribe from Ellie and Jared, since I'm sure share the same principles as these homophobes.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:

It isnt horrible to have your own beliefs. Of course not. The reason the Chik-Fil-A controversyy happened is because the CEO gives large amounts of money to anti-LGBT orgs, you can believe two men should not be married and still not be "anti-LGBT" If you dont think two men should marry and you're a man dont fucking marry another man., End of story.
If you are anti-LGBT you think that somebody else should not have equal rights and sorry but that makes you disgusting.
Yes, this.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

There's a difference between freedom of religion and openly supporting not wanting equal rights for everyone. I'm not going to pretend I don't go to Chick-fil-A, and honestly I don't care that the CEO is anti-gay. He's old and super religious, I would be shocked if he was pro! I'm also not shocked that Ruby and her family is against gay marriage. But to post a video basically bragging about how many people, including her and her family, are there to support being anti-gay shows a lot about her character. And deleting it shows that she's too much of a coward to even own her actions.
navarjul000
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by navarjul000 »

rdt1004 wrote:
crew96 wrote:Can you upload the video to Dropbox or another cloud-type website so we can view?

I was just about to ask this. I still havent gotten a chance to watch it.
I second this notion!
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

navarjul000 wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:
crew96 wrote:Can you upload the video to Dropbox or another cloud-type website so we can view?

I was just about to ask this. I still havent gotten a chance to watch it.
I second this notion!
Somebody posted it to YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JccXG4cGfLY
navarjul000
Amateur
Amateur

skyblueandblack wrote:I think a poster here reposted it here:

Ignore the post j just made about someone posting the video. I read further into the thread and found this!
But OMG, that is the mall in my hometown. I have gone shopping there COUNTLESS times, in fact, I got my cartilage pierced at that very mall 10 days ago when I was visiting my parents for the break. I'm not surprised, I mean half of the families in my very neighborhood participated in something like that a while back, but my goodness how little respect I have left for that family. Good lord.
navarjul000
Amateur
Amateur

I second this notion![/quote]

Somebody posted it to YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JccXG4cGfLY[/quote]

I noticed shorty after posting that haha! My bad!
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

I'm a supporter of the LGBTQ community and Chick-FIl-A disgusts me. Why someone cares who someone else marries or loves is beyond me. They built one in my town a while ago and I get overly nauseous every time I pass by it. And it's not just the CEO that supports anti-gay organizations, it's EVERYONE who eats there. The company spends part of their profits (aka the money customers paid for their food) and donate to anti-gay organizations. When someone eats there, there are indirectly donating to anti-gay organizations.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

i had a look at the comments on that vid and wow. i've never been to america so never eaten at chick-fil-a... but let's just say the fact that they are anti-gay reached the headlines here in australia, so there's no way to spin that video as not knowing what they were doing. you hear ruby at the beginning state "we're here to support marriage between man and woman" which cannot mean they were there to support gay marriage IN ANY WAY. lolz @ people thinking it's fake. yep, because that's not ruby's voice, or kevin and the kids in the video. so dumb.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

On their Instagram https://www.instagram.com/8passengers/ in the last 2 pictures there are people discussing the video.
A lot of the kids say that they just went to eat their not support their campaign... Yea right.
annamason02
Hello, 8Passengers, I have just seen a video you have made years passed, you probably don't even remember it. You and you're family were standing in a line in support of chick fil a contributing to an anti gay company. Coming from a long time fan of not only you but your siblings channels, I am shocked. I am shocked by your complete ignorance to have hate towards love, the one thing in this world that can possibly heal the world. I am completely aware that you are Mormon, and that is completely fine(even though most people from where I live see it as a cult). But contributing to publicly be in support of homophobia is discouraging and disgusting. As from now, I am unsubscribing from your channel, but who cares I'm only one person, but hopefully more of your followers will become aware of your homophobia and ignorance..
Last edited by Vincere on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Vincere wrote:On their Instagram https://www.instagram.com/8passengers/ in the last 2 pictures there are people discussing the video.
A lot of the kids say that they just went to eat their not support their campaign... Yea right.
So not true. If they just went there to eat, why would she have been filming the line, and talking giddily about how happy everyone was, and that people were donating money and saying "we support you"?
Completely oblivious and brainwashed.

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

lmmomSD wrote:
Vincere wrote:On their Instagram https://www.instagram.com/8passengers/ in the last 2 pictures there are people discussing the video.
So not true. If they just went there to eat, why would she have been filming the line, and talking giddily about how happy everyone was, and that people were donating money and saying "we support you"?
Completely oblivious and brainwashed.

I know. She specifically said why they are there in the first 10 seconds, but they are kids.
Some comment on the YT that the video is fake.

The funniest was someone was saying "respect their opinions" but Ruby and Kevin don't know how to respect others.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Plus, I would respect their opinions more (even if it's a disgusting opinion) if they had the courage of their convictions. But no, they took the video down as soon as it became obvious that it was being discussed. Chicken.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”