John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 0538df.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 710c3c.png[/img]

Dr A postpones her surgery (likely for medical/psych reasons) and she had a fit and finds a doctor that is willing to go forward with the surgery asap. She just doesn't seem like she's in a good place at this point. She can't tell people she "has a two year old" but then expect them to realize she had a loss. Maeve died before birth....she isn't two.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Her job needs to stop accomodating her asap. The world doesn't stop just for Joan, and the more they do it the harder it will be when they finally stop, or she has to get a new job. She seems to have unlimited time off for whenever she wants to take it. She says she's rescheduled vacation three times now, but if she knew that she needed Maeve's birthday off then why not just plan her vacation around that in the first place?

(Rhetorical question, I guess. She's milking the sympathy of her boss for as many days off and as much special treatment as she can.)
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

wow. her coworkers and her all seem like pretty close friends, but even as friends there comes a point where bad work behaviour becomes a big frustration! i would not be happy having to make up for joan as much as she's out from work.

i can't believe how accommodating her job is! i've never heard of a workplace that lets an employee take and reschedule that much time off! plus they also let her take very short shifts when she is upset and bring her pet in every day. it is really enabling her, and although it feels nice to her right now, i don't think it's actually doing her any good in the long run.
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

It's a bead store, I'm pretty sure they are not having to do anything to strenuous in terms of covering for her. Did it cross your mind that they actually might love and care for her. You know like normal people do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Pineapples wrote:It's a bead store, I'm pretty sure they are not having to do anything to strenuous in terms of covering for her. Did it cross your mind that they actually might love and care for her. You know like normal people do. Image

yes it did cross my mind, which is why i mentioned that they seem to be close friends. but loving and caring for somebody doesn't mean you never get frustrated with them, especially when they're putting more work on your shoulders.

if they genuinely aren't bothered by her taking so much time off and needing so much accommodation, whatever lol, great for them! but i would be surprised if that was actually the case.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

I bet she spoke of Maeve in the present tense to the nurse just like she does on IG. She always talks in the present.. Maeve will be two, not Maeve would be two. I can see how people could be confused or not understand that she passed away. Joan needs to stop acting and talking like Maeve has aged. It's tragic but it's also a fact that she died as an infant.

Her work and her coworkers are overly flexible with her. It's nice that they are like a little family and Joan should count her lucky stars bc most businesses wouldn't be so accommodating. It seems like that's what happened with John with his company letting him go.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It sounded like she told the nurse "she will be two". So of course he didn't make the connection.
Why, when there are so many male nurses these days, do people always qualify it with "male nurse"?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

Joans last instagram post. She doesn't expect the daily struggle to ever end. She has a void that can never be filled but she would rather have that than a heart that cannot love.

It seems like she WANTS to dwell on the pain. Like if she stops hurting then there's nothing left. Hurting is not the same as loving Maeve and she still doesn't understand that. I also don't see how another baby will fill the void that "cannot ever be filled".
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

I think this chick needs serious help. She's making it like her daughter is still alive.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by Amelia322 »

I went as far back as I could on IG back when she had Maeve.. her IG has not changed. It's the same Maeve pix. So two whole years her IG has been of her grieving. I get grieving, I've Been there. But it's sad that she doesn't seem like she's getting better. You never get over it but you do go on with life..

Unless she post daily about Maeve so people can feel sorry for her daily? I just don't get it. She's still posting the same thing about Maeve and constantly reliving her pregnancy. I wish she would get help. Asap!

I feel like she's scared to feel better. She's scared to move forward because she thinks that she's forgotten about Maeve. That's not even how it works. Maeve is gone. She doesn't have to be gone from your heart. But posting daily about your daughter and pregnancy just doesn't seem healthy?

Unless she thinks if she moves on that people will not feel sorry for her anymore. People have stillbirths all the time, I don't think they pause life and never move forward.

She's posting pregnant pix saying she was happy, why not post pix of yourself happy now?!?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Amelia322 wrote:I went as far back as I could on IG back when she had Maeve.. her IG has not changed. It's the same Maeve pix. So two whole years her IG has been of her grieving. I get grieving, I've Been there. But it's sad that she doesn't seem like she's getting better. You never get over it but you do go on with life..

Unless she post daily about Maeve so people can feel sorry for her daily? I just don't get it. She's still posting the same thing about Maeve and constantly reliving her pregnancy. I wish she would get help. Asap!

I feel like she's scared to feel better. She's scared to move forward because she thinks that she's forgotten about Maeve. That's not even how it works. Maeve is gone. She doesn't have to be gone from your heart. But posting daily about your daughter and pregnancy just doesn't seem healthy?

Unless she thinks if she moves on that people will not feel sorry for her anymore. People have stillbirths all the time, I don't think they pause life and never move forward.

She's posting pregnant pix saying she was happy, why not post pix of yourself happy now?!?

Am I wrong, or did it seem like there are way more than the supposed " only 20 Maeve pics" that Joan said they had in their submission video? Not that even 100 would be enough, but I definitely think she lied. Even John seemed surprised she said it.
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Amelia322 wrote:I went as far back as I could on IG back when she had Maeve.. her IG has not changed. It's the same Maeve pix. So two whole years her IG has been of her grieving. I get grieving, I've Been there. But it's sad that she doesn't seem like she's getting better. You never get over it but you do go on with life..

Am I wrong, or did it seem like there are way more than the supposed " only 20 Maeve pics" that Joan said they had in their submission video? Not that even 100 would be enough, but I definitely think she lied. Even John seemed surprised she said it.
That number seems about right to me. I just scrolled through her instagram and it's aways the same ones. It seems like more since there's so many pregnancy pictures, fox pictures and hypothetical redhead Maeve girl ...
hwarner
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hwarner »

20 seems about right because she just reposts the same damn pics every day

Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

She's posting that Maeve's midwife was fired, was it said here that was not the case?
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

And they never followed up with her after her birth? The patient is responsible for making that appointment and keeping it but she is making it seem like they wouldn't see her again.

flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 805f75.png[/img]

what the actual fuck is she doing disturbing a bird nest like this? my passion is working in wildlife rehabilitation and i can't stand it when people have so little respect for wild animals like this. animals are not props for instagram photos. i don't care if she loves robins because they have red breasts, this is awful.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

I agree that her reluctance to move on is because she feels that means she doesn't love Maeve anymore. Like the only way to love and honor her is to wallow in never-ending sadness. It really is awful to see that no one is helping her move on from her grief. She is going to have a very long, unhappy life if she continues on like this.

I remember she mentioned that she has only the 20-something pictures but she's learned to crop or zoom in on small aspects of them for new,different pictures. I haven't paid enough attention to know if thia is true or not. Her version of things does change so who knows.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Her story about hiking while recovering from childbirth is scary. Clearly everyone in her life enables this behavior if John was in on the idea of grueling, postpartum hikes. Joan feels like she has to punish herself for eternity, or until she gets a child.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Snow White wrote:She's posting that Maeve's midwife was fired, was it said here that was not the case?
The midwife no longer works at that facility, so no one knows if she was fired or if she just quit. But there are no disciplinary actions on her record, and their court case was dismissed due to lack of evidence. So it is possible that the clinic let her go, but no proof either way, and Joan has lied about the case in the past.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

RootBeerFloatie wrote:
Snow White wrote:She's posting that Maeve's midwife was fired, was it said here that was not the case?
The midwife no longer works at that facility, so no one knows if she was fired or if she just quit. But there are no disciplinary actions on her record, and their court case was dismissed due to lack of evidence. So it is possible that the clinic let her go, but no proof either way, and Joan has lied about the case in the past.
Joan strikes me as the "chronic victim" type. We have no way to know if the midwife even did anything wrong. It's possible Joan was anxious from the start, and that the midwife had no reason to believe that these latest concerns were any more valid than the ones before. Joan was so sure there was a problem, yet never once asked to go see one of the medical doctors the clinic works with?

How ironic that she decided to mess with the mama Robin's babies. You'd think she'd be more sympathetic in a way. She really strikes me as thinking the world owes her something. She needs intensive therapy, not another round of IVF.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”