John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

strawberry_smoothie wrote:I haven't really kept up with Joan and John because I find her exhausting at times. How far along was she when she miscarried the last pregnancy? I hope this pregnancy goes well.
8 weeks,I Think.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:
strawberry_smoothie wrote:I haven't really kept up with Joan and John because I find her exhausting at times. How far along was she when she miscarried the last pregnancy? I hope this pregnancy goes well.
8 weeks,I Think.
just checked her instagram to make sure. the last pregnancy was lost at 6w1d and she found out at the 7 week appointment.
lurking10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurking10 »

gymchick43 wrote:
lurking10 wrote:
Nikier wrote:Are her and Ellie due the same time?

Ellie is due end June, 1st July.

I don't know when Joan is due...
Joan mentioned she has the same due date as Maeve apparently June 30 I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow same as Ellie then
sasha186
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sasha186 »

Those old LiveJournal posts are obnoxious, but I mean, come on. I live in ABJECT TERROR of someone finding my old LiveJournal. There is nothing good about anything you wrote 12 years ago.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

gymchick43 wrote:
lurking10 wrote:
Nikier wrote:Are her and Ellie due the same time?

Ellie is due end June, 1st July.

I don't know when Joan is due...
Joan mentioned she has the same due date as Maeve apparently June 30 I think

Oh jeeze, that sounds like something Joan will be all over.. i'm really worried this child will never have it's own identity other than being Maeve's sibling, and will be constantly compared to a child that passed before they have anything to be compared too.. (that sounds so harsh, but you get me)
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Oh jeeze, that sounds like something Joan will be all over.. i'm really worried this child will never have it's own identity other than being Maeve's sibling, and will be constantly compared to a child that passed before they have anything to be compared too.. (that sounds so harsh, but you get me)[/quote]

If you read one of her old posts from when Maeve first died (IF i can find it i will post it) She goes on about how one day she will have maeve again or some shit,I'll post it here if i can find it and figure out how to screenshot and whatnnot
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

There is no way John stays at this job. He doesn't even know what he'll be doing. He will be standing at a machine most of if not all of the day. If he's lucky the position may have a bit more to it but it will be somewhat if not mind numbingly repetitive. I just can't see him doing that long term. He should have accepted the cable repair job. Yes the pay started low and he'd need training but its a stable job with variety and he obviously likes trouble shooting and repair work. He really is a hot mess when it comes to employment. At his age I am not impressed. I'd like to say he's a loser. Is that too mean?
here4thepopcorn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by here4thepopcorn »

minmouse wrote:There is no way John stays at this job. He doesn't even know what he'll be doing. He will be standing at a machine most of if not all of the day. If he's lucky the position may have a bit more to it but it will be somewhat if not mind numbingly repetitive. I just can't see him doing that long term. He should have accepted the cable repair job. Yes the pay started low and he'd need training but its a stable job with variety and he obviously likes trouble shooting and repair work. He really is a hot mess when it comes to employment. At his age I am not impressed. I'd like to say he's a loser. Is that too mean?
Not at all mean. It is exactly what I have been thinking about him. They both irritate me but John comes across extra arrogant/con man like.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

here4thepopcorn wrote:
minmouse wrote:There is no way John stays at this job. He doesn't even know what he'll be doing. He will be standing at a machine most of if not all of the day. If he's lucky the position may have a bit more to it but it will be somewhat if not mind numbingly repetitive. I just can't see him doing that long term. He should have accepted the cable repair job. Yes the pay started low and he'd need training but its a stable job with variety and he obviously likes trouble shooting and repair work. He really is a hot mess when it comes to employment. At his age I am not impressed. I'd like to say he's a loser. Is that too mean?
Not at all mean. It is exactly what I have been thinking about him. They both irritate me but John comes across extra arrogant/con man like.
Yeah, I got irrationally angry at the "Dress for the job you want-- 80's fighter pilot" post. Yeah, the 1980's, when we weren't at war and Tom Cruise was in "Top Gun". He wouldn't last a day in the military, much less make it as a fighter pilot.
Maybe it wasn't irrationally angry after all.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by GymChick »

He needs to become internal at a good company with a union and then he can work his way up with seniority. Like a housekeeper, food server or orderly at a hospital are great ways to become internal with a good pay, well at least at my hospital orderlies (who only need high school level) make 20-25$ an hour

aggieyorkie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by aggieyorkie »

She’s been quiet for a while unless I’m missing something. I hope everything is ok with the baby. Ellie made a comment in the e&j vlog that one of her friends is going through a bad time right now and I’m hoping it’s not her.
aggieyorkie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by aggieyorkie »

She’s been quiet for a while unless I’m missing something. I hope everything is ok with the baby. Ellie made a comment in the e&j vlog that one of her friends is going through a bad time right now and I’m hoping it’s not her.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

aggieyorkie wrote:She’s been quiet for a while unless I’m missing something. I hope everything is ok with the baby. Ellie made a comment in the e&j vlog that one of her friends is going through a bad time right now and I’m hoping it’s not her.

She’s fine she replied to a persons comment 3 h ago asking if she was okay and she said she was just busy working and tired

BaffledByItAll
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BaffledByItAll »

TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:Oh jeeze, that sounds like something Joan will be all over.. i'm really worried this child will never have it's own identity other than being Maeve's sibling, and will be constantly compared to a child that passed before they have anything to be compared too.. (that sounds so harsh, but you get me)
If you read one of her old posts from when Maeve first died (IF i can find it i will post it) She goes on about how one day she will have maeve again or some shit,I'll post it here if i can find it and figure out how to screenshot and whatnnot[/quote]

I literally just came to post something similar. The post on her Instagram tonight about a year ago and Ellie and Jared's IVF grant giveaway specifically mentioned Calvin being born just a short time (10 days) prior to Maeve. And now not only is her baby due right near Maeve's due date (if not on), but she and Ellie are both right at 10 weeks pregnant. I honestly think the best possible thing at this point would be for her to have a little boy and Ellie a girl. Get at least some obvious differences in there that she can't compare.
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

BaffledByItAll wrote:
TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:Oh jeeze, that sounds like something Joan will be all over.. i'm really worried this child will never have it's own identity other than being Maeve's sibling, and will be constantly compared to a child that passed before they have anything to be compared too.. (that sounds so harsh, but you get me)
If you read one of her old posts from when Maeve first died (IF i can find it i will post it) She goes on about how one day she will have maeve again or some shit,I'll post it here if i can find it and figure out how to screenshot and whatnnot

I literally just came to post something similar. The post on her Instagram tonight about a year ago and Ellie and Jared's IVF grant giveaway specifically mentioned Calvin being born just a short time (10 days) prior to Maeve. And now not only is her baby due right near Maeve's due date (if not on), but she and Ellie are both right at 10 weeks pregnant. I honestly think the best possible thing at this point would be for her to have a little boy and Ellie a girl. Get at least some obvious differences in there that she can't compare.[/quote]

I genuinely hope that the baby is a boy purely because if it is a girl,Joan is crazy enough to think that it's Maeve reincarnated or something,But the fact that E&J Have two boys,makes me feel like this one may be a boy,because some people just dont have much of the oppisite gender sperm,so to speak (They have all X or all Y,or at least,that's the only ones that seem to make babies) Ive watched someone have 12 boys before they had one girl,it's all in the father's sperm what the child is going to be,so i feel like the more of one gender that they have,the more likely it is for the rest to be that gender (Dont quote me,this is my theory,i have no idea if there is actual research on this,but from experience,it seems this way where i live...maybe it's something in the water?)
however,with Joan and john ,We dont really have anything to compare it to,because we are unsure of 'Sweet pea's gender,and maeve was a girl.So,based off of my weird theory i cant really apply it here.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

Does anyone think it is strange and obsessive that their Christmas tree is filled with ONLY fox ornaments?? I can see having one two to represent Maeve but yet again Joan has gone to extremes. She needs more serious therapy!!
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

minmouse wrote:Does anyone think it is strange and obsessive that their Christmas tree is filled with ONLY fox ornaments?? I can see having one two to represent Maeve but yet again Joan has gone to extremes. She needs more serious therapy!!
Best case they have a small Like,18 inch) Tree or something with th fox ornaments?

Still weird,But,Best case scenario,Here.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Let me get this straight. The moms pumping at her work had to sit and stare at a picture of a dead baby while they pump milk for their babies? :(. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 1ce5af.jpg[/img]

Also I'm glad that Joan's scan went well I hope she continues to have a healthy pregnancy.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

I’ve never seen that before, heard about it though! Thanks for sharing.

It could be quite confronting or even triggering to some, but my guess is people would be too afraid to speak up.

I just saw her scan pic, very glad to see baby is growing as they should. Have they said when they are finding out/announcing the gender? I’m curious as to whether she’s having a boy, or another girl.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

actuallydear wrote:I’ve never seen that before, heard about it though! Thanks for sharing.

It could be quite confronting or even triggering to some, but my guess is people would be too afraid to speak up.

I just saw her scan pic, very glad to see baby is growing as they should. Have they said when they are finding out/announcing the gender? I’m curious as to whether she’s having a boy, or another girl.
In the video she said that they can find out early with genetic testing, (and john wants to) but apparently its not his decision and she let him know that in a kind of bitchy way, i thought. I guess she wants to wait and see if she can tell the gender herself by ultrasound (even though she was wrong with Maeve and thought she was a boy)

Return to “Ellie and Jared”