John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

I think we need a second J&J Topic but idk how that kinda thing works
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

kittypurry wrote:They’ll probably save the needles to do a similar pic once the baby is born. Nothing’s cuter than a newborn surrounded by needles! /sarcasm font

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
Wow.

I am sorry. Other people may do it, but that doesn't mean it's not weird _to me_. I kinda understand the idea behind it, but it's hazardous waste. I just can't get past that. But hey-- it's just my opinion. That and five bucks will get you a Venti latte at Starbucks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
here4thepopcorn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by here4thepopcorn »

lmmomSD wrote:
kittypurry wrote:They’ll probably save the needles to do a similar pic once the baby is born. Nothing’s cuter than a newborn surrounded by needles! /sarcasm font

Wow.

I am sorry. Other people may do it, but that doesn't mean it's not weird _to me_. I kinda understand the idea behind it, but it's hazardous waste. I just can't get past that. But hey-- it's just my opinion. That and five bucks will get you a Venti latte at Starbucks.

I'm with you on this. It's creepy to me. You don't need to show the needles for people to understand what IVF entails. The needles in the baby photo are at least capped... I don't see very many (if any) caps on the needles in J&J's post. That is what I find extra alarming. I hope they put them in a sharps container.
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

i just wanna know what the needles are stuck to? is it like a chunk of hay? i really can’t tell
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

GAH this made my whole body shudder! I wholeheartedly feel for those who have to go through countless treatments for their baby, and I feel so grateful/guilty that having a baby comes easily to me. I couldn’t imagine doing that two week wait over and over with disappointment Image. But the nurse in my makes me cringe so bad at these needle pictures. I also think of people like Joan who love playing the “pain olympics” and secretly love the attention the needle picture gives. And to add for some reason it bugs me when people make a huge deal out of sub cutaneous needles (all the needles with the little orange caps), those needles feel like nothing- they go like a cm into your fatty skin, no muscles, diabetics get them several times a day. Joan had to have pretty deep IMs this round so that does suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

gymchick43 wrote:

GAH this made my whole body shudder! I wholeheartedly feel for those who have to go through countless treatments for their baby, and I feel so grateful/guilty that having a baby comes easily to me. I couldn’t imagine doing that two week wait over and over with disappointment Image. But the nurse in my makes me cringe so bad at these needle pictures. I also think of people like Joan who love playing the “pain olympics” and secretly love the attention the needle picture gives. And to add for some reason it bugs me when people make a huge deal out of sub cutaneous needles (all the needles with the little orange caps), those needles feel like nothing- they go like a cm into your fatty skin, no muscles, diabetics get them several times a day. Joan had to have pretty deep IMs this round so that does suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It just makes.me.anxious because if you've ever held a newborn you know how squirmy and jerky they are. Id NEVER do that. It's a hazard waiting to happen.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:I think we need a second J&J Topic but idk how that kinda thing works
John and Joan: Working 9 - 5. Unless you have a baby on the way and want to be a fighter pilot from Top Gun.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Scar2016 wrote:
TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:I think we need a second J&J Topic but idk how that kinda thing works
John and Joan: Working 9 - 5. Unless you have a baby on the way and want to be a fighter pilot from Top Gun.

Does a certain person have to make the new topic?
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
I have no idea :|
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Scar2016 wrote:
TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:
Scar2016 wrote: John and Joan: Working 9 - 5. Unless you have a baby on the way and want to be a fighter pilot from Top Gun.
I have no idea :|
I don't think so. I think anyone who knows how can. The mods often do it, but I believe (and I could be wrong) that they appreciate when someone takes the initiative to make one. They're busy people.

TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18

Return to “Ellie and Jared”